• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT - Spurs v West Ham

Man of the match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
While it was a great ( no, superb) window, I still feel we are over reliant on Lo Celso for creativity. Unless, NDombele really steps up, we don't have another top midfield creator to play against " park the bus " teams. Our major flaw against Everton was our midfield was uninspired.

While it was a great ( no, superb) window, I still feel we are over reliant on Lo Celso for creativity. Unless, NDombele really steps up, we don't have another top midfield creator to play against " park the bus " teams. Our major flaw against Everton was our midfield was uninspired.

I think that Mourinho Is looking for us to get the ball forward quickly and to use our fullbacks and forwards for creativity. We've got three players in midfield who are all good on the ball and with a good range of passing.

I think that Mourinho Is looking for us to get the ball forward quickly and to use our fullbacks and forwards for creativity. We've got three players in midfield who are all good on the ball and with a good range of passing.

Agreed.
I think we are finally going to fulfil something I think Poch was even moving towards - a faster, more direct way of attacking much like Liverpool but without a high-line necessarily.

Between LoCelso and Ndombele, we have technicians/locksmiths so to speak, but equally I also believe that both Dele and Lamela can be pick locks in another way. Kane, Son and Bale are simply world class, while Lucas and Bergwijn are industrious attacking talents.

I actually cannot believe where the squad is now versus the summer.
Well done to all concerned.

Starting XI

Lloris
Aurier Sanchez Toby Regulion
Hojberg Sissoko
Moura Ndombele Son
Kane

Not sure we will see Bale start.

Agreed.
I think we are finally going to fulfil something I think Poch was even moving towards - a faster, more direct way of attacking much like Liverpool but without a high-line necessarily.

Between LoCelso and Ndombele, we have technicians/locksmiths so to speak, but equally I also believe that both Dele and Lamela can be pick locks in another way. Kane, Son and Bale are simply world class, while Lucas and Bergwijn are industrious attacking talents.

I was going to mention Liverpool

Agreed.

I hope you are right. I really like what Mourinho has done with the squad. A man with a plan.

Agreed.

Lo Celso and Ndombele would be so key if we didn’t have genuinely creative players in Bale, Harry and Son (BHS). One of those midfielders adding that extra spark is another threat the opposition have to worry about and the width and threat wide is huge
The balance now looks exceptionally good it has to be said

I think that you are getting a little ahead of yourselves. We know that he missed pre-season to help him recover from a groin strain that he played through after the restart. We've been easing him into this season as a result. I think that it is most likely that he's had a setback in that recovery. Hopefully, it doesn't keep him out for long.

As you say hopefully, but hes the same age as Dele but has played about 80 less games.

Lo Celso and Ndombele would be so key if we didn’t have genuinely creative players in Bale, Harry and Son (BHS). One of those midfielders adding that extra spark is another threat the opposition have to worry about and the width and threat wide is huge
The balance now looks exceptionally good it has to be said

I agree - but the same could be said of England and their dull and totally ineffective performance against Denmark. Liverpool also tend to struggle against teams that sit back and heavily rely on their full backs and for one of their three attackers to conjure some magic. They were on terrific form last season but I wonder if this way of playing will be sustainable. Is their Villa result an outlier or an indicator of things to come for them?

There still isn't any real reliable alternative to LoCelso and I worry when he isn't available. Would be delighted to be proved to be worrying unnecessarily.

I agree - but the same could be said of England and their dull and totally ineffective performance against Denmark. Liverpool also tend to struggle against teams that sit back and heavily rely on their full backs and for one of their three attackers to conjure some magic. They were on terrific form last season but I wonder if this way of playing will be sustainable. Is their Villa result an outlier or an indicator of things to come for them?

There still isn't any real reliable alternative to LoCelso and I worry when he isn't available. Would be delighted to be proved to be worrying unnecessarily.
Right now. Based on form and match fitness I'd pick Ndombele over Lo Celso.

I guess what you're saying is that you want to see the two of them together in the team and then the options for Lo Celso look less impressive and I agree. But we've done well this season without seeing Lo Celso and Ndombele together.

Compared to last season, with Hojbjerg in, better full back options and Ndombele finding both fitness, work rate and form our options are much improved even without Lo Celso. Before even getting to Bale.

The alternative is Ndombele
Don’t forget he didn’t play play last season really
And we also have genuine width for once which again we don’t have

I'd caution against expecting a win - West Ham have taken great pleasure in upstaging our big days over the past few seasons

Not really they have had lasagne gate, and opening match at the stadium ... apart from that we have literally broken them

Hey you guys, just wanted to say, Gareth Bale might play for Spurs tomorrow!

Gareth Bale!

The best player in the world!

200.gif

I hope we're able to keep the momentum up tomorrow, play with aggression and intensity, keep the ball moving quickly, everyone giving 100% on the pitch. Get in, boys!

Not really they have had lasagne gate, and opening match at the stadium ... apart from that we have literally broken them

The match in the Leicester season where we had every prospect of going top springs to mind. It was the only time I’d seen Spurs as betting favourites for he title.

Back