• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT - Spurs v West Ham

Man of the match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Sourness made a point of thinking Hugo should have saved it, and went on with explaining how Hugo was doing it wrong... "He should have used his other arm. He would reach higher with the other arm."

What a fudging muppet.
View attachment 9692
So he'd reach higher using the arm that is below his body? What a macaron.

Also used David 'The Flapper' Seaman as his reference. fudging prick couldn't have been happier that we ballsed it up, smirking away. clam.

City really didn’t look they had the players yesterday or vs Leeds. They kinda limped over the line against a very blunt arsenal side.
And pool have lost their one true defender who holds their defence together. Going to be very interesting his they deal in that loss as they have no experienced Cb cover
But yeah I get your logic. In a normal season the default would be those two, is just that this is as far from normal as it gets in football terms

We may be one of the best 2-3 teams in the league but we won’t achieve anything until we sort out our mentality. We’re perfectly capable of dealing with he pressure of being a top 4 team. But anything beyond that I.e. winning finals and challenging for titles, we just don’t have the stomach for. We can’t deal with the pressure when people talk us up as being contenders. Happened under poch and it’s taken one game after smashing United for the problem to manifest itself again. We can’t even get to the top for one game let alone stay there. Were we ever top under poch? I don’t think we were. That’s pretty bad that we couldn’t even get to the summit even for one game.

We may be one of the best 2-3 teams in the league but we won’t achieve anything until we sort out our meteorology. We’re perfectly capable of dealing with he pressure of being a top 4 team. But anything beyond that I.e. winning finals and challenging for titles, we just don’t have the stomach for. We can’t deal with the pressure when people talk us up as being contenders. Happened under poch and it’s taken one game after smashing United for the problem to manifest itself again. We can’t even get to the top for one game let alone stay there. Were we ever top under poch? I don’t think we were. That’s pretty bad that we couldn’t even get to the summit even for one game.
It could be that
Could also be a freak result which has happened many times vs wet spam
We will see in the next game

and Hull have spent more time top of the league than we have

The lesson from this and the Saudi Sportswashing Machine game is that we need to kill off games when we are top. I am hoping that this result has done us a favour and will make us more ruthless
We’re 3 up with 10 to go
The game should be easy to manage out
No team has ever come back from that late in a game in the league which says a lot at how silly it was and how odd the league is this season

No one told Sissoko not to jump, Sanchez not to be so damn stupid, Winks not to give the ball to the opposition on the edge of our area ( and then not put his body on the line) Aurier not to give away fanthom free kicks or Bale not to drag his shot wide. Nor did anyone tell them to misplace passes, not win second balls and generally be second best. The players need to look at themselves

If you set up to sit back and protect a lead you invite pressure which can lead to mistakes. If you take that approach with several error prone players in the defensive third then you're rolling the dice.

If you set up to sit back and protect a lead you invite pressure which can lead to mistakes. If you take that approach with several error prone players in the defensive third then you're rolling the dice.
It’s a huge issue and all teams seem to think it’s the way to play
It’s just odd to me

It’s the stupid fouls leading to the goals that gets me. Just don’t put your hands on the player if you’re in that position - just stand up and jockey them. It’s so brainless.
Agreed, we've had this issue for 20+ years though. Brainless fouls given to poor teams, which is precisely what they are waiting for.

We’re 3 up with 10 to go
The game should be easy to manage out
No team has ever come back from that late in a game in the league which says a lot at how silly it was and how odd the league is this season

I agree and it was something that we had been doing quite well

Still tinkled off. Just utter brick.

Not read the previous posts so maybe regurgitating other's views, but christ, i think we missed Dier and Lamela (especially Lamela).

He's the EXACT sort of player to bring on to close a game off late, to waste time. And Dier, despite not being great in my view he obviously has an aggression and will to win which Mourinho values.

Think we made the right subs, but lack of Lo Celso, Lamela has really hurt us.

Sanchez was brick, think he's done, a failed experiment. Jose targetted him years ago as a weak link which speaks volumes.

No idea if Rodon any good, but we've bought him, a lot of people said he was the best CB in the Champo, can't be worse than Sanchez.

Not read the previous posts so maybe regurgitating other's views, but christ, i think we missed Dier and Lamela (especially Lamela).

He's the EXACT

Same place, angry as fudge .. but ..

Lo Celso, Lamela, (first two as the sub ins) Dier on pitch, never fudging happens

And we still look a very dangerous team

We won’t be anywhere near that close to the top two teams. We’re not good enough.
Oh but we are. We will get better as the season progresses and challenge at the top. But we won't be able to make up the early lost points. I'm willing to wager that, if you throw out the first 7-8 match days, we will have the most points at the end of the season.

He's the EXACT sort of player to bring on to close a game off late, to waste time. And Dier, despite not being great in my view he obviously has an aggression and will to win which Mourinho values.

Think we made the right subs, but lack of Lo Celso, Lamela has really hurt us.

Sanchez was brick, think he's done, a failed experiment. Jose targetted him years ago as a weak link which speaks volumes.

No idea if Rodon any good, but we've bought him, a lot of people said he was the best CB in the Champo, can't be worse than Sanchez.
Lamela and Dier... scary but true

The one thing is, Mourinho has no excuses. He has absolutely none - he has to own this, because it's his job to instill a meteorology and a defensive drive in a team he asked for.

Err - you can exactly see why he wanted Skrinnar and has brought in Rodon (who wasn't eligible yesterday). He knows exactly where the problem is but hasn't yet got the tools to fix them - especially with Dier and Tanganga not available either.

Back