• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT - Spurs v West Ham

Man of the match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I agree in theory but winks came on and sat deep
He didn’t play at the tip of the midfield and that’s where they needed the pressure

Yeh you lose forward momentum so you just sit back, you sit back you give them more chances, you take bull by the horns you make them second guess going gung ho or pushing on like they did.

I am definitely shell-shocked because we have played very, very well again for most of the match.

I think some of our players need to learn the different between aggressive attentive defending and inattentive aggressive defending. We should be seeing that game out not giving away silly free kicks. I was veery unhappy with Moura TBH, that was poor, poor, poor. And Sissoko's pathetic "jump" for the first was hopeless. Sad to see Sanchez and Winks getting pelters, as for me, they were not the worst offenders at all; the own goal? Unfortunate. We can see why Mourinho wanted Skriner. I think we will still go for him in January TBH.

Let's not dodge the elephant in the room here, Gareth produced magic to get in there and fluffed his lines. He won't do that again I know, but still, it was a factor.

But I cannot sit on this one too long. I don't think anyone should. We look on course to force a top 4 spot and win the Europa IMO.
Learn from the last 10 minutes and move on.

Onwards. And upwards!

@milo
Kane MOTM by a mile
I’ll add that I though Toby and Aurier played really well in defence
The midfield we’re cruising and Tanguy was class
And the front 3 were brilliant

I was struggling to find a bad performance for the first 80 mins. Thought everyone did their job very well. Kane MOTM for me but thought Aurier and Sissoko did well, Hojbjerg was very busy, Ndombele was class, Reguilon looked good. I just can't fathom what happened.

Last 10 wasn't individuals. As Jose says, it was the team. 100%.

I am definitely shell-shocked because we have played very, very well again for most of the match.

We didn't play very very well for most of the match Steff, i tuned just as the 3rd went in and for the most part the game was a very dull 50:50 spectacle - having stormed in to the lead i wouldn't say West Ham looked like clawing it back but we rested on our opening and ultimately paid the price.

brick match sums up my life right now. Every time I think I’ve found a pot of gold, someone’s taken the gold out and had a brick in the pot

A lot of them have been here for a long time. You’d think they might have asked themselves that before now.

I don't think it's appetite, I think it is elite focus. I look at Aurier, who has improved supremely since Doherty arrived, yet at the critical moments he still isn't smart enough to do the right thing. I look at Moura, who works super hard but when on as a sub seems to switch off to the defensive side of his game more often than not; it isn't desire, it is focus. And it is the difference for me. Sanchez? He will always need a better partner back there and to be on the right; he cannot be alongside someone like Toby whose legs have gone and also take up the left.

Was just about to say. It feels bad but it could have been worse.

1/ That wonder strike could have been to win it 4-3
and
2/ Imagine if that game had been the one before the break, it would have been festering for 2 weeks. At least we can get back in action in a few more days.
Agree, at least we didn't lose 2 points due to a horrible VAR decision or something.

Can’t wait to see a Ndombele , Hojberg , Lo Celso trio in midfield.

Ndombele was quality today.

I was struggling to find a bad performance for the first 80 mins. Thought everyone did their job very well. Kane MOTM for me but thought Aurier and Sissoko did well, Hojbjerg was very busy, Ndombele was class, Reguilon looked good. I just can't fathom what happened.

Last 10 wasn't individuals. As Jose says, it was the team. 400%.

Couple of times Aurier rushed into challenges. He is much better but of course still the same guy. I like him, but he is rash. You want a bit of vim from your FB, so can't be too critical. But saw him rush out to the ball, only for the attacker to sidestep him and have free space. Then the foul which was soft, a bit more cool and we win the game. Soft fouls happen to all players, but there we go. While Aurier is an asset, his defensive rashness is still there on occasion.

Last 10 wasn't individuals. As Jose says, it was the team. 400%.
Sissoko giving away a stupid needless free kick then not jumping with the scorer.

Moura not following the blatantly obvious runner next to him.

aurier giving away a stupid needless free kick by getting too tight, no need to give the ref the chance to give it (the ref for giving such a soft one)

winks poor clearance

bale aiming for a corner when anywhere on target is a goal and game over.

so lots of individual mistakes.

We didn't play very very well for most of the match Steff, i tuned just as the 3rd went in and for the most part the game was a very dull 50:50 spectacle - having stormed in to the lead i wouldn't say West Ham looked like clawing it back but we rested on our opening and ultimately paid the price.

We played with control for much of the game IMO mate. Happy to let them push and pick them off. Ndombele and Hojberg were in control of the middle IMO, and Kane was bossing. I agree that we rested on it. Which is fine if you have elite focus. I think there are a couple who simply do not have elite focus.

Absolutely sickening but when will we learn, we still haven't kept a clean sheet all season. There's just a total lack of focus and discipline at the back, it's not one single weak link but collectivley there's always someone with a brain fart and I'm sick of it. It's not good enough at the top level, if you don't do the hard work you don't get the results. Luckily I think we have the right manager for it but I do think we're potentially a dominating CB with leadership light.

Back