• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT - Spurs v West Ham

Man of the match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
In fairness there is not a decent defense in the Prem thus far this season.

This hurt.

I genuinely thought Bale was passing that into the corner and could not believe it went wide. Had their comeback happened 10 mins earlier we win that game back IMO.

Are we the first to give away a 3 goal lead this season? Feels like it.

Probably won't be the last given the strangeness of this season, but we should have a bit more insurance against that given that Mourinho is in charge.

I admire your optimism, as ever, but nothing changed between Mourinho's first game and this one a year later - except that this time, they had a wonder shot to equalize and in his first game, we got away at 3-2. Same mistakes, same shambolic defending.

But back then he had an excuse. This time, he does not, and it will be on his head if he doesn't get this team performing. He fails here, his next job will be in the Portuguese second division.

It’s not all his fault but he’s not good enough and hasn’t been since 2018 and he needs to not play for us again. Think we can all agree we need much better than him right?
Definitely, I have never regarded him as a top defender since his honeymoon between Jan and Toby. But who wouldn't have a great honeymoon between those two astute Belgian hunks of man meat?

I'm still just shocked at what just happened there. They had somewhat of a threat in the beginning of the second half, but we got back in control. And then we concede 3 in the last ten. What the absolute fudge. Football can be so brutal. Did not see that coming.
When Kane hit the post at 3-0 I really thought surely it wouldn't matter with the time remaining...

I wish I had your faith in Dier. I don’t see any more than a 6/10 defender who has mistakes in him like Sanchez does. I know plenty on here are in a rush to make him next captain but I just don’t see it. I like his meteorology and fight but as a CB he’s got a lot of improving to do.

We can upgrade on all 3 of our starting CBs if we're honest, none of them are really at the level required. Toby is past it and the other two are mistake prone (i dont accept Sanchez was at fault today though). But saying that I don't beleive our issues today lie with our CBs at all. Complancency was the main issue and then some stupidity in specific situations, Sissoko on the first and definetly Moura on the 2nd.

[QUOTE="Hotshot-Tottenham, post: 1367219, member: 366"]yep, fine margins.

9 times out of 10 we’d have seen that out.

At 3-0 Kane hit the post and at 3-2 Bale missed a one on one. Could easily have been very different.[/QUOTE]

Beat me to it. Couple of inches to the right and thats 4-0 and probably game over. Lanzini's hit 4 couple of inches to the left and Lloris gets a full hand on it.

Bale should have been the hero at the end. A fairy tale start, can't believe he missed and from that point, after 50 years watching Spurs, you knew what was going to happen, albeit not quite the way it did

We lost control when he took Tanguy off
Not that winks did anything wrong despite the abuse he will get but he sat deeper
That’s the issue when you may defensive subs
You give away momentum

I mean, all three were like for like. Lucas for Son - forward for forward. Bale for Bergwijn, forward for forward. And Winks for Ndombele, mid for mid. Ndombele looked shot at that point anyway, so it's not like he would been more attacking than Winksy.

We've been on the other side of these results. Ajax, City etc. Being so strong so early in this game we definitely eased off. I'll take that we are playing well. Some of our legacy midfield and defensive issues are still there. One step at a time.

Trying to both agree and disagree at the same time, I guess.
Thought we were poor second half yet Kane and Son were still good in comparison. Added to their very good first half makes them motm candidates. Ndombele and Hojberg deserve a mention too.

I mean, all three were like for like. Lucas for Son - forward for forward. Bale for Bergwijn, forward for forward. And Winks for Ndombele, mid for mid. Ndombele looked shot at that point anyway, so it's not like he would been more attacking than Winksy.
I agree in theory but winks came on and sat deep
He didn’t play at the tip of the midfield and that’s where they needed the pressure

Beat me to it. Couple of inches to the right and thats 4-0 and probably game over. Lanzini's hit 4 couple of inches to the left and Lloris gets a full hand on it.

Bale should have been the hero at the end. A fairy tale start, can't believe he missed and from that point, after 50 years watching Spurs, you knew what was going to happen, albeit not quite the way it did

Just when you think that we've covered every conceivable way to fudge things up, we find new and exciting ways to surpass ourselves. 10/10 for creativity.

Well we didn’t lose.
We are poor in midfield and defence.

Was just about to say. It feels bad but it could have been worse.

1/ That wonder strike could have been to win it 4-3
and
2/ Imagine if that game had been the one before the break, it would have been festering for 2 weeks. At least we can get back in action in a few more days.

Back