• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***OMT - Spurs v West Ham***

Man of the match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Ultimately first things first - dont lose.

With only 2 (maybe 3?) sessions with the players before the match itll most likely be a case of keeping things tight first and foremost - build from the back.

Its fair to expect, with the players we have, we will get chances as well. But the clean sheet will be all important.

So even in a tactical sense, Eriksen is the easiest to drop.

So here we are! We both spoke about this scenario over the past months. I'll be intrigued to see what he does with us next, will be fascinating.
Its why I love the game.

Don't lose! :cool:

Ultimately first things first - dont lose.

With only 2 (maybe 3?) sessions with the players before the match itll most likely be a case of keeping things tight first and foremost - build from the back.

Its fair to expect, with the players we have, we will get chances as well. But the clean sheet will be all important.

So even in a tactical sense, Eriksen is the easiest to drop.

It all depends, as a fan and a mid level manager, absolutely makes sense. But Jose is not that, and West Ham is there for the taking (he will know where they are weak)

Safe tactic

- Don't lose setup, hit on the counter (they will come at us at their home), depend on the attacking talent
- Move on, live another day

Elite level view, use the game to send a message and kill the stupid narratives early

- Play someone like Tangaga at CB, give senior players a message, kill the he doesn't use youth narrative
- Play 3 attackers Kane, Son +Dele/Lucas perhaps in 4-3-3 and go for it (get an away win, something Poch hasn't done in PL for season) and hurt the boring football narrative

Jose is on a different level tactically and strategically (message, how he wants to be perceived), he could go any way here.

Those options are not mutually exclusive, he can play a 433, with 3 attackers, and still focus on being secure at the back and playing on the break.

And as good as Jose is, he has had but 3 days to work with the team. The KISS principle will almost certainly apply.

Jose isnt stupid, a result right now is the most important thing - monkey off the back - lets settle down.

"Elite" level stuff, as you describe it, doesnt happen over night. Ive no doubt he'll work towards it, I do doubt he's going to try to implement a new and progressive system in a few days.

He's a pragmatist. Almost certain to set up similar to Poch, in a formation the players are used to (my guess 4231), and to work from there.

And, even, using the like of Alderweireld and Vertonghen - their experience could be of enormous use to him in the short term.

Those options are not mutually exclusive, he can play a 433, with 3 attackers, and still focus on being secure at the back and playing on the break.

And as good as Jose is, he has had but 3 days to work with the team. The KISS principle will almost certainly apply.

Jose isnt stupid, a result right now is the most important thing - monkey off the back - lets settle down.

"Elite" level stuff, as you describe it, doesnt happen over night. Ive no doubt he'll work towards it, I do doubt he's going to try to implement a new and progressive system in a few days.

He's a pragmatist. Almost certain to set up similar to Poch, in a formation the players are used to (my guess 4231), and to work from there.

And, even, using the like of Alderweireld and Vertonghen - their experience could be of enormous use to him in the short term.

all true, my point was more it will be hard to predict.

While he hasn't had time to work with these guys, he knows them extremely well (huge advantage over say Allegri or even Acelotti who hasn't been in PL for some time). He doesn't rely on some overly complicated press system, these guys are top level players, to your point given simple instructions with clear expectations they can follow it

The difference for me is likely going to be how he sees West Ham, he will be more a counter manager than we have had in my memory.

Don't underestimate wham, I'm sure Jose won't, this a big game them and it just got bigger.
A win against us gives them a lift, takes pressure off, buys them some time.
They will be up this and will fight tooth and nail.

you mean like their game at the NWHL

CE is going to be the interesting one.

He’s made it clear he rates him and I imagine they have already had a chat.

If he doesn’t start I can’t imagine we will see him many more times.

• TEAM NEWS
  • Before the news conference, Tottenham confirmed that Erik Lamela (hamstring) and Hugo Lloris (elbow) are continuing their rehabilitation and are unavailable this weekend.
  • Michel Vorm sustained a calf strain in training on Monday and is expected to return to training next month.
  • The club added that Tanguy Ndombele (groin) and Jan Vertonghen (hamstring) have begun their reintegration into training and will be assessed ahead of Saturday's game.

all true, my point was more it will be hard to predict.

While he hasn't had time to work with these guys, he knows them extremely well (huge advantage over say Allegri or even Acelotti who hasn't been in PL for some time). He doesn't rely on some overly complicated press system, these guys are top level players, to your point given simple instructions with clear expectations they can follow it

The difference for me is likely going to be how he sees West Ham, he will be more a counter manager than we have had in my memory.

He said in his press conference he was going to work from Pochs base, and just work on details.

Over time they will find the "fingerprint" of the style of play. For now its about working with what the players know.

Evolution, not revolution, basically.

Back