• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***OMT - Spurs v West Ham***

Man of the match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Disappointing (yet not surprising) collapse at the end.
Today for me was really about seeing how the players reacted and there was enough to show that all is not lost this season. Lots to work on. Jose wont be at all happy with letting them get 2 back.
But enough encouraging signs nevertheless.

I think the collapse at the end could help us in the long run. We showed what we're capable of, both good and bad. Shutting up shop at 2-0 is the least I'd expect from a Mourinho team.

Thought it was interesting that there already seemed to be noticeable differences under Jose today. Mostly playing it much more direct. But also switching to 3 at the back a lot when in possession, with Aurier pushed forward and Davies tucking in. I liked it. Seems to me that most top teams in the last few years aim for a similar shape of 2 wide men and 3 attacking players more centrally in possession: Chelsea under Conte with 3 forwards and 2 wing backs, City under Guardiola with 2 wingers and 2 number tens (and a number 9 obviously), Liverpool with a front 3 and their 2 full-backs bombing forward like wing backs, and us today with one winger (Son) and one attacking full back on the other side. Interesting.

My apologies if so, I thought it was Toby with a powder puff block. Will watch it again.

I know we all want our team to win scoring goals and keeping clean sheets, but we must accept that other teams and players can do good things and not blame our players when ever we concede a goal. Virtually every goal you see could have been stopped if something was done differently.

I know we all want our team to win scoring goals and keeping clean sheets, but we must accept that other teams and players can do good things and not blame our players when ever we concede a goal. Virtually every goal you see could have been stopped if something was done differently.

agreed, though we do need a resolution to the ‘shi-t-ting our pants mode’ when the tide is turning against us.

Disappointing (yet not surprising) collapse at the end.
Today for me was really about seeing how the players reacted and there was enough to show that all is not lost this season. Lots to work on. Jose wont be at all happy with letting them get 2 back.
But enough encouraging signs nevertheless.

I was disappointed too especially as it was the Spammers... a thrashing is also lovely for that low life; but in hindsight I think it was actually the perfect result for us. Three points above all, our potential was there for Jose to see in the first 60 minutes but equally our brittleness and weaknesses in central midfield and especially at the back. Hopefully he will have seen where he needs to start his overhaul, starting with Sanchez...

Disappointing on this thread and the various player threads, to read posters digging out individual players after todays win, in order to further their own personal agendas.

We’ve won. Away. For the first time since the Jacobian period.

Jose isn’t going to be “sorting anyone out the door“ after today, and no one has “played their last game for Jose after that” today.

Jose will try to get a tune out of each and every squad player (aka “investments” in Levy speak) and will make a decision once he’s had a big enough sample size to do so. That isn’t single figure minutes I’m afraid.

Every off form or squad player starts from scratch under a new manager.

Disappointing on this thread and the various player threads, to read posters digging out individual players after todays win, in order to further their own personal agendas.

We’ve won. Away. For the first time since the Jacobian period.

Jose isn’t going to be “sorting anyone out the door“ after today, and no one has “played their last game for Jose after that” today.

Jose will try to get a tune out of each and every squad player (aka “investments” in Levy speak) and will make a decision once he’s had a big enough sample size to do so. That isn’t single figure minutes I’m afraid.

Every off form or squad player starts from scratch under a new manager.
Except Sissoko. He just keeps on being Sissoko.

Came on today and completely Sissokod up the place.

Back