• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT: Spurs v West Ham. Rumbelows Cup, Westfield Arena, Weds 19:45

Really enjoyed that!

They put out about as strong a team as they could (maybe except for Arnautovic?) and we put out a bunch of reserves and unfit first teamers.

While they certainly had opportunities, got in behind a good few times, I honestly never thought they were going to score. So yes, we should have defended better, but they really are very poor arent they?

For a make shift team Im really pleased.

Obvious mention for Foyth. Been a big fan of his from day one, always excited to see him play. Theres just something about him I love. And today I think was his best performance yet, its like he has grown into a man (nearly, still looks 15) compared to last time. Had authority, strength, skill, the lot. And had me thinking how he reminds me a lot of Alderweireld, though, dare I say, with a little extra quality in possession.

Winks. Another I just cant help but gush about. Modric MKII - its official. fudging love the lad and IMO the midfield is his now, its up to the rest to work out how to play with him.

Great to see Alli and Eriksen looking fitter, and looking better by the end.

Great to see Wanyama for 90 minutes. He has not played football for a LONG time, and so it will take time for him to get back to his best. That said, I thought he looked a lot more like himself than he has done in any other performance this year. Albeit with a lot of room for improvement.

KWP - clearly there is something there. But, for me, a little like Carroll used to - he plays within himself. Very occasionally he gets a bit more decisive and in those glimpses you can see what a player he might become. Of course, Id expect to see it with more regular games.

Skipp - not a lot to say other than he didnt look out of place and I enjoyed that he has a bit of an asshole streak to him.

That aside, everyone basically did their jobs. Huge satisfaction in the result, especially considering the respective teams put out (full strength vs cobbled together).

Good to see us beating West Ham to progress to the next round of the League Cup. But it is annoying that we will face Arsenal in the Quarter Finals. With us badly needing to win a trophy, wish Pochettino will take the Cup competitions more seriously. He took too much risk by playing a weak team against West Ham. Not sure it will work against much stronger team like Arsenal. This win was a sweet revenge for the 2-3 defeat to West Ham in the League Cup Round 4 match at home last season.

Credit to Son and Llorente for scoring our goals. It was Son's first goals for us since March, having gone without any goal in 20 matches for us during that time. Son took both his goals well. In fact, it was a bit surprising to see him rounding off the goalie to score the second goal as he tends to waste those one-on-one chances. It was even more surprising to see Llorente brilliantly scoring our third goal with a first time volley. It was a crucial time to score the goal as West Ham were putting pressure on us after making it 2-1. Alli did well to set up both the goals for Son while Eriksen's perfect corner allowed Llorente to score the magical third goal. It was satisfying to see us scoring without Kane, Moura and Lamela this season !

Our midfield had a decent match. Good to see Wanyama returning as he and Winks did well to control the midfield. But Wanyama did look rusty. Not sure if Wanyama will ever get back his best form as he always seems to be struggling for form nowadays. Good to see Nkoudou coming on for Alli in the second half but he didn't do anything of note. Wanted Sissoko to start but thought he did well after coming on. I don't really like inexperienced youngsters like Skipp getting involved in Cup matches. Even at 3-1, thought it was too risky to bring an inexperienced youngster after the way we lost to West Ham despite leading 2-0 last season.

Our defence did well to stop West Ham. It was good to see Gazzaniga in goal instead of error-prone Vorm. Gazzaniga looked assured in goal as he made a few crucial saves. Was worried about Foyth and Sanchez playing together in defence. Both are known to be error-prone but they did their part to stop West Ham, especially Foyth. Foyth seems to be improving as he was excellent against West Ham, making a few crucial tackles. Similiarly, Sanchez had a good match and didn't make too many mistakes. But it was disappointing to concede the goal the way we did. Walker-Peters should be blamed for completely missing the header which allowed them to score their goal. He was probably our worst player as he made too many mistakes apart from that.

It is good to be in the League Cup Quarter Final for the first time since losing to Chelsea in the 2015 Final. But we will face tough match against Arsenal in the Quarter Final. We will need to put up a strong team if we want to overcome Arsenal as we have a poor record against them in the Cup competitions, winning only 5 out of 19 Cup matches against them. But we did beat them 5-1 in the semi final at home before going on to win the Cup in 2008. Let's hope we will get inspiration from that win to go all the way to win the League Cup this season.

Good to see us beating West Ham to progress to the next round of the League Cup. But it is annoying that we will face Arsenal in the Quarter Finals. With us badly needing to win a trophy, wish Pochettino will take the Cup competitions more seriously. He took too much risk by playing a weak team against West Ham.

I mean seriously???? Did you not see that we had a league game just two days earlier??

Bot account confirmed

How good was foyth last night? fudging immense! I hope he gets rewarded with a few chances with the first team now that verts is out.
It's not so much the tackle there as the reading and anticipation of events. Look how early he sets off at full pace.

For a young kid, to be able to read that situation so well is incredible.

Back