• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT Spurs v United

Man of the match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
You said he has looked done for some time... I think that means more than 25 mins

he is IMO going nowhere as no one has the £££ to buy him, we won’t want to sell and he has a long contract
Yes. Done with Spurs, not done as a player. Just what I feel, based on his performances and his actions and statements. He has changed a bit in the last 1,5 years imo.

Yes. Done with Spurs, not done as a player. Just what I feel, based on his performances and his actions and statements. He has changed a bit in the last 1,5 years imo.
Yeah I get your thoughts
I don’t agree of course as I’d argue a not committed player wouldn’t have scored as many goals as he has for a start
And his effort is lacking, just his sharpness IMO, and of course being played with weak players which doesn’t help anyone

And in the last 1.5 years he has only played 6 months which doesn’t help any player

That is indeed really interesting and telling that our defensive position so clearly changed after it went 1-1. I thought the Norwich FA Cup game was exactly the same. We are trying to hang on to 1-0 leads with out and out defence but offering no threat on the break.

I think that it is odd that Mourinho didn't respond to United's changes and their increasing dominance.

I didn’t think they looked threatening enough to make changes. If Dier had been a little cleverer they might not have broke through. Mourinho has won everything playing this style. I’m intrigued to see if he can get it functioning with us.

I didn’t think they looked threatening enough to make changes. If Dier had been a little cleverer they might not have broke through. Mourinho has won everything playing this style. I’m intrigued to see if he can get it functioning with us.
I thought they looked blunt. I said it afterward and people pointed to the few shots they had which were decent
They reminded me of us under Poch on that they couldn’t break us down and it took a soft penalty (from a tired challenge). Teams IMO will target Fernandez now and man mark him as the rest don’t seem to offer much unless their bang on form

We lost valuable points with this result. This draw won't help us in our top 4 race. Since we were playing at home and were leading until late in the match, we should have won this match. Instead, our failure to defend the leads have come back to affect us again this season. We started the match well but were poor in the second half. For their part, ManU dominated the match but didn't look like scoring apart from the penalty. Dier should have been careful with his tackle as ManU are master divers. It could have been worse as Dier almost conceded another penalty but fortunately for us, VAR disallowed the penalty.

Credit to Bergwijn for his goal. Thought it was a ManU goalie error but it was brilliant the way Bergwijn dribbled and shot at goal. Our attacking players didn't have much chance but Son really should have done better with his header which could have put us 2-0 up. His header was too near the goalie who saved it. I think Kane was our worst player in this match as he didn't do anything of note. But the most annoying moment was when Kane wanted to take the freekick and hit it straight at the defensive wall in the second half. Lo Celso should have taken the freekick.

I think the key moment in this match was when we replaced Lamela. Lamela was not at his creative best but he worked hard to unsettle the ManU players with his tackles whole match. So, it was not surprising that ManU scored as soon as Lamela went off. The ManU player wouldn't have all the time in the world to win the penalty if Lamela had been playing.

Dier will have to take the blame for giving away the stupid penalty. But Mourinho has to take his share of the blame for playing Sanchez and Dier in defence. They are too error prone and would always makes mistakes. We should have at least brought on Alderweireld and Vertonghen in the second half to defend the lead.

So, we are now without a win in 7 matches now. Fortunately for us, other teams around us are losing points too. Let's hope we will find our winning formula to finish the season in good form.

Back