• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT Spurs v United

Man of the match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
If Lamela released the ball early there were at least 5 occasions when we would gave sprung on them and created goal scoring opportunities.

We're desperate for Ndombele to get fit/apply himself/bribe Mourinho cause put him #10 yesterday and we'd have been at least 2 goals up.

I agree with you, Lamela works hard there is no doubt about that but he always takes a couple of touches too many and missed the chance to lay the ball on.

He’ll need to continue to adapt his game as he grows older but there’s a lot still to come. He hasn’t played a competitive fixture in many months and he’ll need some time.

I have heard this about Kane since the game ended, to a extent i do agree but i believe it was Pogba's first game since December ( longer then Kane) yet he did more in the short time he was on the field then Kane did all game. ( and i am not a big fan of Pogba who i believe is vastly over rated by some)

I have heard this about Kane since the game ended, to a extent i do agree but i believe it was Pogba's first game since December ( longer then Kane) yet he did more in the short time he was on the field then Kane did all game. ( and i am not a big fan of Pogba who i believe is vastly over rated by some)

It’s a fair point but I guess the counter argument is that Pogba came on against a tiring team. Kane was awful, for sure, but I wouldn’t read too much into one game. Kane’s always been a slow starter too. Worrying Mourinho didn’t hook him though. It’s almost like Harry cant be dropped or subbed.

It’s a fair point but I guess the counter argument is that Pogba came on against a tiring team. Kane was awful, for sure, but I wouldn’t read too much into one game. Kane’s always been a slow starter too. Worrying Mourinho didn’t hook him though. It’s almost like Harry cant be dropped or subbed.

Very true, but i think its too simple to put Kane's poor form ( in all honesty i think it was one of his worst performances we have seen) down to him not playing for a spell. I do agree that it usually takes all players a few games ( after injury) to get into the swing of things but as i have said he was awful.

Different picking up ball in pockets against a tired team than playing as a central striker against 2 defenders.

Different picking up ball in pockets against a tired team than playing as a central striker against 2 defenders.

Of course it is and you are right, but lets be honest we all know Kane is a great player but i find it hard to believe that some are defending his performance yesterday on the fact he has been out for a while.

He ( as we know) has had periods out of the game ( through injurys) a couple of times over the last couple of seasons but yesterday he was really poor and imo should have been subbed off.

Of course it is and you are right, but lets be honest we all know Kane is a great player but i find it hard to believe that some are defending his performance yesterday on the fact he has been out for a while.

He ( as we know) has had periods out of the game ( through injurys) a couple of times over the last couple of seasons but yesterday he was really poor and imo should have been subbed off.

I’m not defending his performance was the worse I’ve seen it was poor.

Him going back from injury 3/4 and a lon gym lay off isn’t defending him BTW it’s just the reality as is having to play him as there is no plan B, hence why we have the Kane today you see too as we have no plan B for years before.

That’s not defending him that’s just the reality.

If Jose is here for next 2 seasons Kane won’t be, they will cash in

I’m not defending his performance was the worse I’ve seen it was poor.

Him going back from injury 3/4 and a lon gym lay off isn’t defending him BTW it’s just the reality as is having to play him as there is no plan B, hence why we have the Kane today you see too as we have no plan B for years before.

That’s not defending him that’s just the reality.

If Jose is here for next 2 seasons Kane won’t be, they will cash in

I was not suggesting you were defending him ( although i have heard some who have). As for having no one else i do not disagree with starting him at all but it was obvious by half time he was running on empty ( imo) and we should have made changes, to be honest even if Moura was fit i doubt that change would have been made.

As for Kane still being here in two years time well i would suggest he will not, the guy wants to win things ( and he has said this on many occasions) and he should because he is good enough to play for a team who will win things.

It’s easier doing something for 25 minutes though
And I’d also say when your chasing the game again it suits players as they know it’s brick or bust

It’s easier doing something for 25 minutes though
And I’d also say when your chasing the game again it suits players as they know it’s brick or bust

Fair enough and IF Kane has sone something in the first 25 minutes ( and then run out of steam) that would have been fair enough. Do not get me wrong we all know Kane is special but if he is not fit and is a statue like he was for all the game he should be subbed.

I'd been wondering whether we'd see "August" Kane at the restart.

I thought that the performance and application of tactics was quite good. I just don't like the tactics.

I agree with you and hope these tactics were a one-off reserved for United's flyers in attack. I think we will see a different line up and tactics from now on. I hope so anyway. Remember we were scoring lots whe JM first came ( 5-0 against Burnley, is one example. Give the man a chance. We still need three or four players in positions where we were left short by our previous coach.

Did we look capable on the counter attack? I didn't see that. When Man Utd upped the pace in the second half all we could do was turn the ball over to them within 1 pass of getting it.

I agree re: Kane. It was clear from just after half time that he was running on fumes (and even before then when he wasn't the Man Utd centre halves completely dominated him).

Hopefully the next match will see only one of Winks or Sissoko, Dele or Ndombele as the number 10 and Lo Celso as the second midfielder alongside Sissoko or Winks (I'd probably have Sissoko and leave Winks on the bench).

Kane always takes a few games to get up to speed. Remember his blank Augusts? That was why starting him in the CL final was such a massive mistake. Hopefully he will get up to speed soon - providing he doesn't get injured of course.

Back