• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT Spurs v United

Man of the match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
My biggest disappointment with our performance was that we weren't able to dominate the midfield when we were up against Fred, McTominay and Fernandes. At home.

That midfeld is light-weight at best. OK, we were missing Dele and GLC would would have started in our best CM/No-10 trio combination but we didnt come close to imposing ourselves on them

...and if you lose the midfield, then your attackers have no hope...so I cant blame Kane, Son and Bergwijn at all

I’m not saying he’s the greatest player ever, but he fills in gaps in this team. He’s a bandaid solution but rather have him playing than not..... we have Mourinho now, the football won’t be great. If it is we won’t win anything because he’s never had a well functioning attacking team. CMs aren’t going to be getting on the ball like Modric.
Sissoko and winks were fine today
United took off their opposite numbers as they weren’t effective comparatively

An out and out striker, plenty of those about can list tons of them.

I think seeing our situation and seeing it unfold the last season or so, easing Kane’s burden etc shows, at least for me how much we have needed a plan B.

Son isn’t a plan B he is plan A to play with an out and out

you need more these days, you have to be an auxiliary midfielder/pivot or work from the wings

you can’t faff around jogging towards cb’s if you don’t play for Bayern or Juve, you have to effect the game, Harry needs a kick up the arse, and to stop playing before he’s ready

Jon Moss's obvious, corrupt desire to give the game to United aside...I thought there were some encouraging signs.

• The shape was good - and, for the first time this season, Sissoko and Winks didn't get pulled into bizarre areas of the pitch, leaving the middle open. They sat tight in the middle, and that area was a lot less dangerous than it usually is for us as a result.
  • We looked threatening on the break, both in the first and second halves - however, bad decisions in the first half (overwhelmingly from Lamela) and then just crap from Gedson in the second ruined our moments. With Alli back in there and hopefully a bigger role for Lo Celso going forward, I think we can get better in the decision-making on the break.
  • Davies did well - controlled his flank, not much went by him.
  • Sanchez, after a shaky start, did really well - dominant defensive performance.
  • Lloris was good - quick off his feet, safe hands.
The problems with the squad remain -

• Aurier. The man has no brain, and at this point I've given up hope he'll ever grow one. When he let Rashford skedaddle by him to set up Martial, half the team turned around and exploded at him simultaneously. And, further up the pitch, his crossing was woeful - Bergwijn with one cross to Son, put in more quality than Aurier did all game. He was better than he usually is, but he needs dumping, fast. Probably Poch's biggest mistake, transfer-wise - costs us every minute he's here, and I'm tired of that bomb scare.
  • Kane - Okay, 6 months out, but Vera Lynn would have done better than he did today, and she's been dead for 48 hours. Slow, touch of an elephant, got absolutely dominated by Maguire and Lindelof - lots of improvement needed.
  • No DM - Sissoko and Winks try, bless their hearts, but not having a DM to just sit will hurt us.
  • The CB next to Sanchez - Alderweireld is steady, but now too slow to play against the likes of Martial, Rashford and James. Dier's faster..but, well, you saw what happened. 80 great minutes and then the stupidest penalty I've seen in a long time.
It was an encouraging game, all told, and I'm not complaining. Truth be told, I've given up on getting anything out of this car crash of a season. And fixing the issues above, even with Levy pre-emptively making his excuses about spending...doesn't seem too hard. A right-back. A backup for Kane. A fudging DM - Hojberg, or anyone, please. And a CB to replace both Dier and Alderweireld in the starting 11.

Give Mourinho those players, and then we can judge him next season.

An out and out striker, plenty of those about can list tons of them.

I think seeing our situation and seeing it unfold the last season or so, easing Kane’s burden etc shows, at least for me how much we have needed a plan B.

Son isn’t a plan B he is plan A to play with an out and out

He’s certainly not a plan B when he’s already done an hour up and down to left.

I’m not saying he’s the greatest player ever, but he fills in gaps in this team. He’s a bandaid solution but rather have him playing than not..... we have Mourinho now, the football won’t be great. If it is we won’t win anything because he’s never had a well functioning attacking team. CMs aren’t going to be getting on the ball like Modric.

yeah Jose would never sign a player like Modric...

;)

Jon Moss's obvious, corrupt desire to give the game to United aside...I thought there were some encouraging signs.

• The shape was good - and, for the first time this season, Sissoko and Winks didn't get pulled into bizarre areas of the pitch, leaving the middle open. They sat tight in the middle, and that area was a lot less dangerous than it usually is for us as a result.
  • We looked threatening on the break, both in the first and second halves - however, bad decisions in the first half (overwhelmingly from Lamela) and then just crap from Gedson in the second ruined our moments. With Alli back in there and hopefully a bigger role for Lo Celso going forward, I think we can get better in the decision-making on the break.
  • Sanchez, after a shaky start, did really well - dominant defensive performance.

• Aurier. The man has no brain, and at this point I've given up hope he'll ever grow one. When he let Rashford skedaddle by him to set up Martial, half the team turned around and exploded at him simultaneously. And, further up the pitch, his crossing was woeful - Bergwijn with one cross to Son, put in more quality than Aurier did all game. He was better than he usually is, but he needs dumping, fast. Probably Poch's biggest mistake, transfer-wise - costs us every minute he's here, and I'm tired of that bomb scare.
  • Kane - Okay, 6 months out, but Vera Lynn would have done better than he did today, and she's been dead for 48 hours. Slow, touch of an elephant, got absolutely dominated by Maguire and Lindelof - lots of improvement needed.
  • No DM - Sissoko and Winks try, bless their hearts, but not having a DM to just sit will hurt us.
  • The CB next to Sanchez - Alderweireld is steady, but now too slow to play against the likes of Martial, Rashford and James. Dier's faster..but, well, you saw what happened. 80 great minutes and then the stupidest penalty I've seen in a long time.
It was an encouraging game, all told, and I'm not complaining. Truth be told, I've given up on getting anything out of this car crash of a season. And fixing the issues above, even with Levy pre-emptively making his excuses about spending...doesn't seem too hard. A right-back. A backup for Kane. A fudging DM - Hojberg, or anyone, please. And a CB to replace both Dier and Alderweireld in the starting 11.

Agree with all of that but I’d caveat the penalty with Dier being tired and also it being “won”
I actually thought he was MOTM

This is exactly why I can’t get excited about Spurs as long as Mourinho is in charge. We clearly have players to hurt this Man U team and we are sitting back for the whole game playing on a counter. Bergwijn playing as a full back, Kane a deep lying midfielder at times etc.
If we were winning games playing this style fine, but we are not and nothing is changing.

Got to say it...
What was everyone expecting?
This is exactly like the games in Germany
Players who haven’t played look really rusty
Those who have played more recently look a bit better
The league is my favourite buttplug now as it’s to give pool the league and sort relegation and no agro for the league

If dele wasn’t suspended you could play Dele left and son top
Or moura too
And lamela
There are options but we have no games for 3 months and still end up with 4 players out, 2 of which would have had game time

Moura is a good impact sub, when he starts as CF we've seen why he doesn't actually start there and Lamela? I don't know if you're being serious but he can't shoot and his execution is poor he would never score or even get a decent shot on target. [emoji30] Hes not a real option.

Our quality options are a fit Kane or Son. Nothing else we have works (potentially Parrot but who kbows, it seems very unlikely that he isn't going to be given the nod).

Good post.

I agree with a lot of it but I would keep Dier. Solid CB, capable CM if needed, vocal, and apart from the bad error it was a good performance against a dangerous attack. He’ll have much easier games.

They had more shots than ours, or at least it felt like it.
I can't remember degea making a saving, Hugo made at three.
De gea made a save from sons header
Hugo made the one save from Martians shot and another in the second half
That was it
They huffed and puffed but IMO created little
What changed it was fresh kegs

Moura is a good impact sub, when he starts as CF we've seen why he doesn't actually start there and Lamela? I don't know if you're being serious but he can't shoot and his execution is poor he would never score or even get a decent shot on target. [emoji30] Hes not a real option.

Our quality options are a fit Kane or Son. Nothing else we have works (potentially Parrot but who kbows, it seems very unlikely that he isn't going to be given the nod).
I’m not talking about them playing CF
I’m talking left wing so son can play up top

Back