• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT Spurs v United

Man of the match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Just get on the ball more. He had 28 passes today, compared to Winks’ 55 and Kane’s 25. I think he’s brilliant at defending the counter, but when we’re in possession he’s too much of a gap in central midfield for me.
26 of them backwards, sideways or no further 5 yards. Our standards have fallen so far that some actually think he is a quality player. [emoji52]

That jump was embarrassing for that header.
Need to see it again to be sure, but I think Kane failed to close off the searing pace of Matic bringing the ball out from the back unchallenged and that’s where Uniteds pen came from.

if the ref doesn’t give it then no way in this world does VAR overturn it!

It was one of those. A soft decision. But they are often given. We'd take it. I don't even blame Dier. We need to make more of openings when teams come onto us. Mourinho got us better defensively. We were organised and had a decent shape most of the game, but we didn't transition into attack well enough. Whether that is the midfield, Kane and Son not sharp yet...or both I don't know.

Still we were a soft pen away from a big win. Gutted.

Moura got injured today
Parrot had an appendicitis
Both would be there normally
Moira isn't even a good option as a striker and Parrot has yet to be used seriously by Jose. We really have no options other than playing Son there which just weakens us on the left.

Jose showing his limitations 2nd half. We’re playing on the break with a forward that can barely move.

The obvious change was Sess for Kane and move Son up top and Sess left. We could have pushed them back then with 2 x pace further up.

It was one of those. A soft decision. But they are often given. We'd take it. I don't even blame Dier. We need to make more of openings when teams come onto us. Mourinho got us better defensively. We were organised and had a decent shape most of the game, but we didn't transition into attack well enough. Whether that is the midfield, Kane and Son not sharp yet...or both I don't know.

Still we were a soft pen away from a big win. Gutted.
I don’t blame Dier at all for the pen except for letting Pogba go past him without doing anything.

It’s frustrating, but we were clearly the better side, and again under Jose the tactics worked but the result was changed by a mistake, this time an officiating one.

Did the ref show Pogba the byeline and then shove him? He played well but it was Dier’s error.

I’d like to see Lamela, Alli, and Lo Celso behind Bergwijn next, smarts against what will likely be an 11 man defensive set, if they do manage an attack we can launch it to bergwijn on the break.

do you need that in the modern game, the only relevant “9’s” in the game are Kane, Lewandovski and Ronaldo, and the latter is treating it like retirement

An out and out striker, plenty of those about can list tons of them.

I think seeing our situation and seeing it unfold the last season or so, easing Kane’s burden etc shows, at least for me how much we have needed a plan B.

Son isn’t a plan B he is plan A to play with an out and out

Jose showing his limitations 2nd half. We’re playing on the break with a forward that can barely move.

The obvious change was Sess for Kane and move Son up top and Sess left. We could have pushed them back then with 2 x pace further up.

Sess and Gedson are both lacking confidence. Not sure either is ready at the moment. Needs someone like Poch to bring them on, and get them built up believing in themselves. Same probably applies to Ndombele. Or maybe he needs a stick. Hopefully he'll feature in these lockdown games. I have a feeling he'll play against wham.

Just get on the ball more. He had 28 passes today, compared to Winks’ 55 and Kane’s 25. I think he’s brilliant at defending the counter, but when we’re in possession he’s too much of a gap in central midfield for me.

I’m not saying he’s the greatest player ever, but he fills in gaps in this team. He’s a bandaid solution but rather have him playing than not..... we have Mourinho now, the football won’t be great. If it is we won’t win anything because he’s never had a well functioning attacking team. CMs aren’t going to be getting on the ball like Modric.

Am I a miserable git to be disappointed at NDombele laughing and joking with Pogba at the end.

We’ve just dropped 2 points and you’re too unfit to even come on as sub.

it's obvious he still can't be arsed.

Moira isn't even a good option as a striker and Parrot has yet to be used seriously by Jose. We really have no options other than playing Son there which just weakens us on the left.
If dele wasn’t suspended you could play Dele left and son top
Or moura too
And lamela
There are options but we have no games for 3 months and still end up with 4 players out, 2 of which would have had game time

Back