• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT.... Spurs v Toffees.....***

One of the things I’m most pleased about this season is us finding a home for Dier, again he was commanding and comfortable yesterday. This is the best spell he’s had for about five years I’d say. Shame we got rid of Verts really as think he could cope in a 3 on the left and was a superb picker of passes. Dier must be a shout for our player of the season though I might have gone Skipp before this injury.
Yep, we should have kept Vertonghen. Easy with hindsight though.

Nah, Verts was done, couldn’t handle the pace of the PL, we moved him on at the right time.
I agree. There was one game towards the end where he got subbed off after being put on toast by a speedy winger and just sat on the bench looking as though his world had ended. He knew right there that he could no longer hack it at that level. Much as it pains me to say it, as I absolutely loved the guy, but it was time for him either to move on or become a bit-part player, perhaps with a move to coaching on the side. Or, as he did, get regular game time in a slower league.

What we didn't do was replace him adequately.

I agree. There was one game towards the end where he got subbed off after being put on toast by a speedy winger and just sat on the bench looking as though his world had ended. He knew right there that he could no longer hack it at that level. Much as it pains me to say it, as I absolutely loved the guy, but it was time for him either to move on or become a bit-part player, perhaps with a move to coaching on the side. Or, as he did, get regular game time in a slower league.

I remember that game.

Not sure who we could have signed who would be as goodthough, the best left footed cb in the PL is probably still Davies. I can’t think of a left footed CB in the PL who I’d definitely drop Davies for.

I thought it came out after he left that he really struggled in that final season on the back of the head injury he got in the Champs League with us the previous year (I think). I’ll try and dig out the article, but I don’t think it was simply that the pace got too much for him.

EDIT. Here it is - https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.th...ths-of-dizziness-and-headaches-tottenham-ajax

I thought it came out after he left that he really struggled in that final season on the back of the head injury he got in the Champs League with us the previous year (I think). I’ll try and dig out the article, but I don’t think it was simply that the pace got too much for him.

EDIT. Here it is - https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.th...ths-of-dizziness-and-headaches-tottenham-ajax
I missed that completely!

Well, that explains how Verts' form suddenly deserted him.

If he hid it from the medics, I'm saddened.

If he told them and was made to play regardless, I'm appalled.

I missed that completely!

Well, that explains how Verts' form suddenly deserted him.

If he hid it from the medics, I'm saddened.

If he told them and was made to play regardless, I'm appalled.
Agreed on both points. We do know our manager at the time had form for looking for his players to play whatever the cost…

agree with sheringham. set kane free. but make sure we get 150 big ones to replace the missing goals we rely on so much

Kane has two years left on his deal come the summer.
Entirely up to the club if they want to sell him and I do not believe that Conte would countenance letting him go.

Instead I expect to see a pretty big push to bolster the team and for us to at least try to make moves that are of a level that Conte and Kane want to see. Three or four good transfers in that are challenging for starting spots and suddenly that's half the team new since January.

Back