• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT ***Spurs v Spammers***

Man of the match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I get Sessegnon
I don’t get Clarke but we’re quickly judging him as fans when we haveNt seen him play

I have never seen him play anywhere so will/can not make a judgement on him. But someone must have thought he was a player who may be good for us, only 19 so he has a lot of time to prove himself.

We look like we are getting better as a team over the last couple of games and showing some fluidity. Hugo is starting to look like a very good keeper again, Sancheh and Dier are starting to boss the middle of our defense and Lo Celso is becoming a top player for us.

Kane looked a lot better ( then he did against Utd) and his goal was finished well, and both Berjwin and Moura were a constant threat to the Spammers. All in all it was a good win, went for Lo Celso as MOM but thought Dier was very good as well.

We look like we are getting better as a team over the last couple of games and showing some fluidity. Hugo is starting to look like a very good keeper again, Sancheh and Dier are starting to boss the middle of our defense and Lo Celso is becoming a top player for us.

Kane looked a lot better ( then he did against Utd) and his goal was finished well, and both Berjwin and Moura were a constant threat to the Spammers. All in all it was a good win, went for Lo Celso as MOM but thought Dier was very good as well.

Agree with this. I think you can really see it defensively. United and West Ham struggled to create against us except for mistakes from our players. And that's a danger, we have some very error prone players but you can really see a difference in how we are defending. I said it last night on this thread but it's very noticeable on set pieces. I don't know enough about it but it seems like the coaches have a good idea where the real danger areas are and make sure we have a player there to clear the danger. Time and again, we're getting corners and free kicks cleared. It was the same under Poch in the second and third season. Even when individual mistakes were made, we had someone there covering the danger.

Last night was the first game I felt we really controlled in forever - probably since Burnley at home earlier in the season and even then, that was a bit of a mauling whereas last night we controlled it and had to be patient. It's only West Ham, and they are poor, but I'm optimistic about the rest of the season now.

It really tinkles me off that the headlines are "Kane scores first goal in 2020", hes played 3 games, got injured in the first and been laid off for almost 6 months. I wonder if we see such headlines when Rashford scores his 2nd goal in the league in 2020, hes not scored since January.

Agree with this. I think you can really see it defensively. United and West Ham struggled to create against us except for mistakes from our players. And that's a danger, we have some very error prone players but you can really see a difference in how we are defending. I said it last night on this thread but it's very noticeable on set pieces. I don't know enough about it but it seems like the coaches have a good idea where the real danger areas are and make sure we have a player there to clear the danger. Time and again, we're getting corners and free kicks cleared. It was the same under Poch in the second and third season. Even when individual mistakes were made, we had someone there covering the danger.

Last night was the first game I felt we really controlled in forever - probably since Burnley at home earlier in the season and even then, that was a bit of a mauling whereas last night we controlled it and had to be patient. It's only West Ham, and they are poor, but I'm optimistic about the rest of the season now.

I agree with you and @parklane1 . It really feels we are beginning to play like a team again. Fingers crossed it is a turning point and we can kick on from here.

It really tinkles me off that the headlines are "Kane scores first goal in 2020", hes played 3 games, got injured in the first and been laid off for almost 6 months. I wonder if we see such headlines when Rashford scores his 2nd goal in the league in 2020, hes not scored since January.

The expectation for Kane is much higher, Rashford
will get the same if he suddenly stops scoring after averaging 50 goals a season for 5 years.

I like Sess but there is little chance of him getting a run at our place ATM. We didn't need to get him but we are always frightened of missing out in these situations.
Clarke, yet another punt.

it all feels very scattergun and haphazard?

Sessegnon, whether a Levy/committee or Poch signing, was not scattergun. We were linked with him for two seasons prior.

i watched that at the time and thought what the fudge, but did t say anything before as I didn’t want to tempt fate. But it just shows the level of punditry on Sky if they think Noble, Rice and some6ft Czech(?) are more technical than Lo Celso, Dele and Sissoko!

sky embarrassing themselves yet again but no one will care, it’s out there now, the weak minded/uneducated will take that as gospel now.

edit; that’s in reply to milo and his redKnapp video

Sessegnon, whether a Levy/committee or Poch signing, was not scattergun. We were linked with him for two seasons prior.

Most wanted to sign him based on media hype and highlights, I said a couple of years ago that he's never a fullback, doesnt think like a defender. Hope he develops into an attacking midfield player.

Agreed. Didn't he make the Championship team of the season the year Fulham got promoted? Despite a lacklustre season in the Prem, I didn't hear too many dissenters when we signed him.

Back