• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT - Spurs v Palace

Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Loads of teams are playing iffy. Cheatski and Arse drew today. Arse were very lucky to even get a point, at home! Only really City and Pool happy.

tickle my balls with a feather, i expect City and Liverpool will take the top two positions at the end of the season, we will be in the race for 3rd spot along with Chelski, Arse,

Loads of teams are playing iffy. Cheatski and Arse drew today. Arse were very lucky to even get a point, at home! Only really City and Pool happy.

Liverpool are pretty hot and cold too. Their results have been ok but the performances are very up and down.

tickle my balls with a feather, i expect City and Liverpool will take the top two positions at the end of the season, we will be in the race for 3rd spot along with Chelski, Arse,

I know it's probably optimism to the point of lunacy but I'd love us to stay in touch with pool and city just in case the unthinkable happens and the citizens have a wobble or take their eye off the ball.

Otherwise I agree with you.

This weekend was good...the goons and Chelsea lost ground and United really are playing catch up now...

We need the treatment table to lighten and to find some more cohesive play.

Chelsea is a big game and the rewards for winning are obvious...those feckers are due a defeat.

We did well to win with a gritty performance as palace would have taken at least a point if they had better finishers. Wasn’t really good defending that won us the game.

Sissoko excellent again.

As for the league I think Emirates Marketing Project and Liverpool will eventually pull away from the rest of the pack and everyone else is playing for 3rd place. I think we can get 3rd but I’d also probably take 4th if someone offered it to me right now.

Liverpool are pretty hot and cold too. Their results have been ok but the performances are very up and down.

I agree. I don't think Liverpool are much further ahead of us as a team, if any further ahead. I think Emirates Marketing Project are in a league of their own, the way they so easily despatch the lower order sides in the league. I think doing that enables them to conserve a lot of physical and mental energy over the course of the season and it's part of the reason they can maintain such a high performance level over 38 games (that and fantastic squad depth). It must make a difference when you can coast along in a bunch of games while 4 or 5 nil up. Their results against teams currently in the range of 15th-20th place in the league are: 5-0, 6-1, 5-0, 6-1, 3-0. Last two games in the Champions League were 3-0 and 6-0 wins. They get to spend 10/15/20 minutes of these games just tiki-takkering the ball around whilst the opposition have given up because the game has gone.

Liverpool, I think, are closer to us than they are to Emirates Marketing Project. They have scraped by in a few games this season (as we have) and they have had a couple of poor results (league cup, recent one in Europe).

Last edited:
I agree. I don't think Liverpool are much further ahead of us as a team, if any further ahead. I think Emirates Marketing Project are in a league of their own, the way they so easily despatch the lower order sides in the league, I think doing that enables them to conserve a lot of physical and mental energy over the course of the season and it's part of the reason they can maintain such a high performance level over 38 games (that and fantastic squad depth). It must make a difference when you can coast along in a bunch of games while 4 or 5 nil up. Their results against teams currently in the range of 15th-20th place in the league are: 5-0, 6-1, 5-0, 6-1, 3-0. Last two games in the Champions League were 3-0 and 6-0 wins. They get to spend 10/15/20 minutes of these games just tiki-takkering the ball around whilst the opposition have given up because the game has gone.

Liverpool, I think, are closer to us than they are to Emirates Marketing Project. They have scraped by in a few games this season (as we have) and they have had a couple of poor results (league cup, recent one in Europe).

Agree with all of this
City have the advantage of a huge squad with so many inter changeable players
Pool don’t, we don’t, Chelsea dont and arse don’t
United have a simalar squad to city in that changing players keeps the levels the same, it’s just a lower level to start from

Lloris - some quality saves at the end, Im assuming he had sobered up at that point - because Im pretty sure he was drunk through most of the game!

Aurier - thought he did well. Seems to be growing into things recently.

Wanyama - did a decent job, IMHO. Paired with Sissoko it was never going to be the best midfield, and I think he did very well to sit and cover while Sissoko went walk abouts.

Moura - Makes things happen, doesnt he? I cant wait until every one gets on the same page and it clicks with him.

Alderweireld - Better, for sure. Still not his best form, but looked like a defender today.

Alli - Still not up to speed.

All in all, a well deserved win. I think a draw would have drastically flattered Palace who are toothless without Zaha.

Townsend showed why I dont miss him at all.

Wan Bissaka was their best player, IMO, and showed he wont be at Palace past next season IMO.

Otherwise, a pretty decent weekend for us with Utd, Arsenal, Chelsea, Bournemouth and Watford all dropping points.

Good win;
we weren't great and some of the passing going forward could have been better but with the match conditions and the players we had missing i feel that was definitely a game we would have lost in years gone by.

Good for Foyth to "redeem" himself (at least in the eyes of the media) after last week.
A good asset to have in the squad; obviously we have to be careful with how we use him and i think Poch is doing just that (i'm not sure he's ready yet to play teams in the top 6/8 who have actually got decent strikers).

Very important win to set-up the next difficult run of games we have coming up. COYS

We lost control of the game when lamela went off. Scary at the end, another win that we make hard work of.

Sent from my SM-N960F using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

Not sure we were any different with him on tbf, as much as i love the guy.
The whole game we were a bit on edge and i think the conditions didn't help in that regard.
Lamela was also a bit jittery going forward like the others imo. Not enough of the kind of passes into space when the opportunity arose that Sissoko did at the end for Son's nlocked chance on the break.
Again, the conditions probably didn't help and perhaps we often played it too safe

I read somewhere that Trippier is the eighth one of our players that went to the world cup who has picked up an injury this season, very big coincidence.

I thought we had already lost control while he was still on the pitch. Palace were overloading players in attacking positions, we just didn’t do well enough on counter attacks when we won the ball back.

I think you can quite simply put that down to fatigue catching up with the squad. Nothing more than that. I will that Sonny should've buried his chance at the end, however again I think it is impossible to imagine what he has been through this past calendar year...

i blame poch for the injuries.
he didn't do enough with the second stringers, or maximise their potential
out of desperation we are seeing good/bnetter performances from foyth, sissoko, aurier...but this was a forseeable issue, and i felt that more could have been done to avoid risking the world-cuppers.

i blame poch for the injuries.
he didn't do enough with the second stringers, or maximise their potential
out of desperation we are seeing good/bnetter performances from foyth, sissoko, aurier...but this was a forseeable issue, and i felt that more could have been done to avoid risking the world-cuppers.

He was rotating though right from the first game.

Back