• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT Spurs v New'hassle ***

It was highlighted that Kane's tactic or pulling further and further back either draws a defender out of position or occupies midfielders creating space elsewhere and enabling him to find the runners beyond with his exceptional distribution.

James covers it a bit.

Can’t fault the performances individually and as a team after we conceded. I really liked how we kept going to score more goals even at 5-1. Docherty was interviewed after the game and said they weren’t thinking about GD but the players will be fully aware that 4th could come down to GD. On the subject of Docherty, what an improvement! I noticed he was ready for a tap in if Son missed it for the 3rd goal. MOM hands down for me was Kane.

James covers it a bit.

'The thing I loved the most about Spurs was they were constantly trying to play the ball forward.'

No one more so than Ben Davies, he who until recently used to totally infuriate the way he would constantly play the safe ball back to Dier or whovever happened to be the CB at the time. Would love to see his pass map for Sunday, because I don't think I've ever seen him play the ball forward so often. Not only that, his passes were long, instant and accurate to feet. It was like watching an entirely different player. So very refreshing.

And all that plus his superbly headed goal. Much of the credit surely has to go to Conte and his coaching team for recognising his potential as a LCB and so radically improving his overall game.

Last edited:
'The thing I loved the most was that Spurs was they were constantly trying to play the ball forward.'

No one more so than Ben Davies, he who until recently used to totally infuriate the way he would constantly play the safe ball back to Dier or whovever happened to be the CB at the time. Would love to see his pass map for Sunday, because I don't think I've ever seen him play the ball forward so often. Not only that, his passes were long, instant and accurate to feet. It was like watching an entirely different player. So very refreshing.

And all that plus his superbly headed goal. Much of the credit surely has to go to Conte and his coaching team for recognising his potential as a LCB and so radically improving his overall game.

I know we might be considered a counter attacking team. Which to be fair we are a bit. But at least 4 of the 10 most exciting games this season we've been in them. Liverpool and leicester 2 examples.
I find tiki taka so boring. Get the ball drive forward at pace. Obviously harder to do against a low block where you try and draw them out. But really enjoying watching us.

'The thing I loved the most about Spurs was they were constantly trying to play the ball forward.'

Lack of options and patterns before. He's always been a good passer.

Lack of options and patterns before. He's always been a good passer.
Fair point. Suppose when playing out from the back as a conventional LB he'd be nearer the touchline where his passing options were restricted by opponents. He's never been one for taking on or attempting to go past his marker, hence he would simply pass the ball back to safety.

Whereas now I guess he's less likely to be out wide and has that bit more space to find a pass.

You got it, Pontiac!

Given these hoaky commercials, the big hair of the performers and the crap quality of the cars, the expression wasn't always meant in complimentary terms. But it's lived on ironically here in Canada.

Back