• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT Spurs v New'hassle ***

Kulu - just how good is he. Fearless and pure attacking instinct. Him and Bentancur continue to impress me. Who says you need a year to acclimate to England and finally we have players hitting the ground running.

Had Alan Shearer as pundit, good to see he considers both Kane and Son as world class forwards.
Eddie Howe - played to Spurs strenghts in the second half. He's got a long way to go as a coach.

Tbf the second goal early in the second half forced them to come out. You don't defend a deficit.

Is pushing a red card offense?

Couldn’t make sense of the rest of your post but Davies was excellent!
If kicking out is a red card a push is too, especially when your not the player involved in the initial incident
It’s raised hands basically which is a red card

Think it would/should have been an obvious second yellow. Joelinton was booked in the first half for a push so there’s the precedent within the same game even.

Are we talking about a push following the fracas between Bentancur and that St James kid? I noticed another push (which I think was by Burn) when we were on a breakaway and he deliberately pushed one of our players over. To me this was blatant and obvious and deserved a second yellow and a sending off (if indeed it was him).

If kicking out is a red card a push is too, especially when your not the player involved in the initial incident
It’s raised hands basically which is a red card

So when two groups of players come together pushing and shoving handbags style you’d think sending everyone off is the right call?

As @Gazza Dazzla reminded me, if the Saudi Sportswashing Machine player was already booked, a serious shove sending someone flying does actually seem like a bookable offence.

So when two groups of players come together pushing and shoving handbags style you’d think sending everyone off is the right call?

As @Gazza Dazzla reminded me, if the Saudi Sportswashing Machine player was already booked, a serious shove sending someone flying does actually seem like a bookable offence.
It was more than handbags
He literally run in when he had no need to
He should have gone at least twice in the game but the ref bottled it
Even the TV guys said that’s a red

Are we talking about a push following the fracas between Bentancur and that St James kid? I noticed another push (which I think was by Burn) when we were on a breakaway and he deliberately pushed one of our players over. To me this was blatant and obvious and deserved a second yellow and a sending off (if indeed it was him).
Yes I was talking about both those incidents.

So the goons have matched us over the last 6 games, and bettered us over the last 8, and have 2 games in hand. Let's not suck each others dingdongs just yet. x

That's right, totally agree. We need to stop looking at stat sites, etc. The only stat which matters is winning our games, and right now, as long as we win out remaining games, we will finish 4th.

Only a fantasist (or lemon Larry like me!) would even dare to dream about that, but it is the only fact which matters. After that, well, dealer's choice, right?!!! It feels like we are getting in sync at the right time though...

Am I right in concluding this is a clear Conte training ground tactic for once we have a lead?

Keep control of the play, get the oppo chasing shadows just when they're desperate for possession, suck them forward and out of position in search of the ball, then strike with a long ball out wide or over the top.

Worked a treat.

Am I right in concluding this is a clear Conte training ground tactic for once we have a lead?

Keep control of the play, get the oppo chasing shadows just when they're desperate for possession, suck them forward and out of position in search of the ball, then strike with a long ball out wide or over the top.

Worked a treat.

Yup. Also when teams are happy to press fairly high when we don't have the lead.

Long ball over the top or out wide. Or shorter passes through midfield or Kane then longer balls or shorter passes depending on the options available.

Yup. Also when teams are happy to press fairly high when we don't have the lead.

Long ball over the top or out wide. Or shorter passes through midfield or Kane then longer balls or shorter passes depending on the options available.

It was highlighted that Kane's tactic or pulling further and further back either draws a defender out of position or occupies midfielders creating space elsewhere and enabling him to find the runners beyond with his exceptional distribution.

Worked a treat.
100%
My mates still main about passing its around at the back… it’s the same at we play now

It was highlighted that Kane's tactic or pulling further and further back either draws a defender out of position or occupies midfielders creating space elsewhere and enabling him to find the runners beyond with his exceptional distribution.

Definitely.

To be fair it's not a strategy without flaws. We will end up losing possession and conceding goals as a result at times. Though we seem quite good at staying balanced and compact enough to minimise that risk, one poor touch or pass could be enough if opponents then attack well.

It gets the best out of so many of our players. Both Son and Kulusevski are excellent when released with space to attack, though in different ways. As is Reguilon. Our back three are all at least good on the ball, Bentancur is damn near excellent on the ball 95% of the time at least. Hojbjerg a more effective passer than he gets credit for imo. Doherty a very useful combination player.

Night and day difference to how we faced pressure deep when Conte took over. Perhaps the starkest contrast and improvement. Makes us a much harder team to play against.

Only problem is if we're without one or two of the several players we don't have adequate cover for to play like this.

Back