• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT Spurs v Dortmund

Man of the match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
He had a howler.

ba-baracus.jpg

What a great night and i have still not got my voice back, we struggled at first but Poch made a change by pushing Son out wide as at that time Wolf was getting a lot of space and causing us problems, after that Wolf was crap.

We rode the storm out and ended up deserved winners, our best team performance for a while. So many of our players hit top form and we looked like a team again. Jan was brilliant all night, Lloris made the save that kept us in the game and Kane took his goal well. Good to see Dier back ' (we have missed his strength is the centre) and Sissoko was everywhere.

Hard to pick a MOM to be honest but for me it was Jan he is class and he showed it last night.

What a great night and i have still not got my voice back, we struggled at first but Poch made a change by pushing Son out wide as at that time Wolf was getting a lot of space and causing us problems, after that Wolf was crap.

We rode the storm out and ended up deserved winners, our best team performance for a while. So many of our players hit top form and we looked like a team again. Jan was brilliant all night, Lloris made the save that kept us in the game and Kane took his goal well. Good to see Dier back ' (we have missed his strength is the centre) and Sissoko was everywhere.

Hard to pick a MOM to be honest but for me it was Jan he is class and he showed it last night.
I am amazed that more people haven't picked up on this. Even Robbie Savage in the BT commentary box could see it. We moved from 5-3-1-1 to 5-4-1 with pretty much a flat bank of four in midfield -- Son, Winks, Eriksen, Sissoko -- and from that moment on we looked much more in control.

I honestly think that these two games against Dortmund have been won through Poch's tactics. Sure, it might be different if we'd been 2-0 down after 20 minutes last night, but I think all his calls over 180+ minutes have been spot on.

Anyone know which English commentator worked the game? The one that was pi55ing me off might not have been the BT telecast but the host feed UEFA supplies licensees abroad. What a negative twaht.

Edit: Ah, Digital Spy lists Clive Tyldesley & Danny Higginbotham as the culprits.

If so, what an absolute shower of shyte Tyldesley was. Rolling out negative assumption after negative assumption about Spurs. Even at 4-0, when he couldn't doubt Spurs ability to win the tie, he shifted to where Spurs players were likely to transfer out to.

Last edited:
I'm proud to be in the QF again. First time in my son's lifetime. I.e. first time since 2011. Might be the second of many, or might be a once in a lifetime achievement, who knows.

Bored, I took a look back to Yoonited to see where they got to over the years

2 impressive periods here

This year - about to get knocked out by PSG in the 1st KO round.
18 R16
17 -
16 Group
15 -
14 QF
13 R16
12 Group
11 Final, lost
10 QF
09 Final, lost
08 Final, drew and won on pens because a racist slipped over

07 Semi
06 Group
05 KO1
04 KO1
03 QF
02 SF
01 QF
00 QF

99 Final, won
98 QF
97 SF

96 -
95 Group
94 2nd round

it is great to beat Dortmund 1-0 away and win 4-0 on aggregate to progress to the CL quarter finals. Never thought we would keep clean sheets home and away against Dortmund. We rode our luck in both the matches but we also took our chances well. Just like the first leg at home, we played poorly in the first half but improved and scored the crucial goal in the second half to kill the game off. I think we would have been under great pressure if Dortmund had scored in the first half. We have to thank Lloris for all his important saves in the first half to stop Dortmund.

Well done to Kane for scoring our winning goal. He took his goal well with a powerful and accurate shot. I think it has been a long time since Kane scored a long range goal like that. He has now scored 3 goals in 4 matches since he returned from injury. Hope he can continue his goal scoring run and help us improve our league form. Kane's goal was our only real goal scoring chance in the match. Eriksen and Son had a quiet match. Lamela came on and almost scored a goal late in the match. Too bad Moura didn't get to play any part in the match.

Our midfield started poorly but improved as the match progressed. Credit to Sissoko for setting up Kane's goal with an inch perfect pass. For all his hard work, finishing had been Sissoko's main weakness. So, good to see him assisting our goal with a pass like that. Apart from that, Sissoko also did well to help our defence. Winks was poor in the first half and was improving in the second half until he got injured. Dier did well to improve our midfield after coming on but did make a few mistakes which put our goal in danger.

Our defence did well to keep this clean sheet. All the defenders did their part but Lloris and Vertonghen were at their best to stop Dortmund. Credit to Lloris for pulling off crucial saves in the first half. Sanchez made his usual mistakes early in the first half but did well after that. Alderweireld had a quiet match for his standards but did his part as well. Wish we can defend like that in the league !

Was worried when we were drawn with Dortmund in the CL Round of 16. But we have managed to overcome Dortmund comfortably home and away. Obviously, it is going to be tough whoever we play in the CL quarter finals. Hope we will step up our game in the quarter finals. We have now won only 2 out of our last 5 matches and both are against Dortmund. How we wish we can play Dortmund every week ! Let's hope we will now get back our winning form in the league to stay in the top 4 race.

it is great to beat Dortmund 1-0 away and win 4-0 on aggregate to progress to the CL quarter finals. Never thought we would keep clean sheets home and away against Dortmund. We rode our luck in both the matches but we also took our chances well. Just like the first leg at home, we played poorly in the first half but improved and scored the crucial goal in the second half to kill the game off. I think we would have been under great pressure if Dortmund had scored in the first half. We have to thank Lloris for all his important saves in the first half to stop Dortmund.

Well done to Kane for scoring our winning goal. He took his goal well with a powerful and accurate shot. I think it has been a long time since Kane scored a long range goal like that. He has now scored 3 goals in 4 matches since he returned from injury. Hope he can continue his goal scoring run and help us improve our league form. Kane's goal was our only real goal scoring chance in the match. Eriksen and Son had a quiet match. Lamela came on and almost scored a goal late in the match. Too bad Moura didn't get to play any part in the match.

Our midfield started poorly but improved as the match progressed. Credit to Sissoko for setting up Kane's goal with an inch perfect pass. For all his hard work, finishing had been Sissoko's main weakness. So, good to see him assisting our goal with a pass like that. Apart from that, Sissoko also did well to help our defence. Winks was poor in the first half and was improving in the second half until he got injured. Dier did well to improve our midfield after coming on but did make a few mistakes which put our goal in danger.

Our defence did well to keep this clean sheet. All the defenders did their part but Lloris and Vertonghen were at their best to stop Dortmund. Credit to Lloris for pulling off crucial saves in the first half. Sanchez made his usual mistakes early in the first half but did well after that. Alderweireld had a quiet match for his standards but did his part as well. Wish we can defend like that in the league !

Was worried when we were drawn with Dortmund in the CL Round of 16. But we have managed to overcome Dortmund comfortably home and away. Obviously, it is going to be tough whoever we play in the CL quarter finals. Hope we will step up our game in the quarter finals. We have now won only 2 out of our last 5 matches and both are against Dortmund. How we wish we can play Dortmund every week ! Let's hope we will now get back our winning form in the league to stay in the top 4 race.

What mistakes did Dier do, please tell?

He came on and they had one effort on goal IIRC and it was Pulisics header where he was left by Sanchez I believe

That was it

Back