• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT Spurs v Dortmund

Man of the match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

nayenezgani

Jimmy Neighbour

Something like that again would do nicely.

Would love to have Alli and Dier back.

Hopefully Moura gets a start, Lamela and Son too?

We will probably set up pragmatically with three goals in our pocket, so one of the three aforementioned attackers will likely miss out.

Aurier and Davies as FBs? Who fudgein' knows these days..

Where: Signal Iguana Park
When: Tuesday at 8pm

1-1, goal for Kane.

BlindPinkIntermediateegret-size_restricted.gif

Not really playing to our strengths doing that is it? There's more chance of us coming unstuck if we do that. If we play our normal game we will score, and that should be enough to win the tie....

One goal for us means 5 for them

And their hardly in any sort of form at the moment

Could be a war of attrition to be fair

Not really playing to our strengths doing that is it? There's more chance of us coming unstuck if we do that. If we play our normal game we will score, and that should be enough to win the tie....

Agree. I think we need to find the right balance. Playing on the counter we can be devestating. But I don't think we should just park the bus and wait for those moments, it needs to be a bit more proactive than that.

I think we need to play safe, and will likely have to draw them in to hit them on the break.

It probably suits our fit personell, and tactically makes the most sense.

If we try and dominate them we'll leave ourselves exposed and that could be a whole can of worms.

We need to play it smart.

Maybe we should try a 5-4 formation.

Loris
Aurier - Toby - Sanchez - Dier - Jan - Rose
Son - Sissoko - Kane - Moura

Keep tight at the back and hit them on the counter.

I think we need to play safe, and will likely have to draw them in to hit them on the break.

It probably suits our fit personell, and tactically makes the most sense.

If we try and dominate them we'll leave ourselves exposed and that could be a whole can of worms.

We need to play it smart.
Of course, Im not saying go gung ho. But football is massively about mindset and if you set out to be defensive, its difficult to switch from that. And we havent got the players or manager to be defensive, and if we went a goal down that could mean trouble. The odds of us keeping a clean sheet are almost zero whether we are cautious or not, we have too many players who love a brain fart, and they are at home and have a lot of quality going forward. Our best bet would be to play our normal game, which would mean we score at least one and I dont envisage them coming close to getting 5....

Of course, Im not saying go gung ho. But football is massively about mindset and if you set out to be defensive, its difficult to switch from that. And we havent got the players or manager to be defensive, and if we went a goal down that could mean trouble. The odds of us keeping a clean sheet are almost zero whether we are cautious or not, we have too many players who love a brain fart, and they are at home and have a lot of quality going forward. Our best bet would be to play our normal game, which would mean we score at least one and I dont envisage them coming close to getting 5....

There is a big difference between playing a defensive game, and playing a bit safer.

To be clear Im not talking about camping on our 18 yard line. But, us dropping 10 yards deeper and playing with discipline and patience will be the smarter thing to do. Play it safe, pick them off.

If we get the first goal they have no choice but to open up, we can just play them on the break and put the game to bed.

If we go out and try and attack and kill the game off - what happens when they play us on the break and get a goal back? Hows that for our mindset?

There is a big difference between playing a defensive game, and playing a bit safer.

To be clear Im not talking about camping on our 18 yard line. But, us dropping 10 yards deeper and playing with discipline and patience will be the smarter thing to do. Play it safe, pick them off.

If we get the first goal they have no choice but to open up, we can just play them on the break and put the game to bed.

If we go out and try and attack and kill the game off - what happens when they play us on the break and get a goal back? Hows that for our mindset?
Not saying I disagree with you, my point was centred around the poster saying we should park the bus. Far as Im concerned we are at least as good as them, just play our normal game and we will be fine. By all means be disciplined....

Back