• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT Spurs v City Sunday 4pm

Agree with Galeforce.
I only saw the first half of the Man U game today, and although they lost, their tempo and overall movement was so different from ourselves, bar one or two games.
I can't belive a formation would change this.
The big question to me, is what is Poch asking them to do, tempo wise, and are they doing as instructed, or simply not good enough or not listening!

1-3 loss I'm afraid

Using Leicester - Saudi Sportswashing Machine as an example is silly. What sort of idiot except for Carver would play a narrow diamond formation against a team that employs fast, attacking full backs.

If our manager prefers 4-2-3-1 then he needs to stick with it. We need to get better players and buy for the system. Every formation has plus points and drawbacks, but i think an effective 4-2-3-1 offers a nice balance of solidity and attacking opportunities.

For me the way forwards is to increase stability and buy players to suit the preferred system. Stability will come from Poch having a full season behind him, and having worked on his philosophy throughout the course of the year. We'll now have a whole summer with no major dramas (Bale, managers etc) and hopefully augment this process by acquiring suitable players and moving on those who are surplus to requirements. It cannot be good for the club to have pure dead weight hanging around. Surely that can only create a toxic atmosphere.

Starting to swap and change tactics now would lead us down the Rodgers and Liverpool road. We have perservered with this system all season and need to see it through. Do Liverpool even know what formation they play and which players to recruit for which system? I think we can only expect to see the fruits of Poch's work already put in once he has had the summer to shape his own squad. I'll be expecting more fluidity and less no-shows next season. A reasonable expectation.

Anyway, back to the game. I think we have a chance. City's away form is terrible and they are missing key players. I think we might sneak this one.

Personally, I don't think the issue has been the system. My opinion is our players are mostly crap, stupid, lazy or a combination of the three, I fear a change to a back 3 would merely complicate things further, assuming we have not been coaching it all season (if we have then the argument is different). Our CB's are not going to have a clue how to cope with City as it is, better only 2 headless chicken than 3 imo.
My opinion is our players are mostly crap, stupid, lazy or a combination of the three,
Always good to hear from someone who feels the glass is half full :)

Will the real Spurs turn for for this match ? The problem is still not sure which is the "real" Spurs. IMO, we have been largely poor this season, apart from individual performances by the likes of Eriksen, Kane and Chadli. Kane especially has inspired us almost single handedly when we beat Arsenal and Chelsea at home earlier in the season. But he has been badly out of form since returning from his England duty. Surely, if we want to get something out of this match, we need Kane back to his goal scoring form. But we have a poor record against ManCity in recent years, getting only 1 win in 9 matches against them. Even that win came when we recovered from a goal down to beat them in 2013. So, this is going to be a very difficult match for us.

This game will show if we still have the motivation to win matches. With 1 win in 4 matches, we are virtually out of CL race. But we should atleast try to overtake the 69 league points we achieved last season. To do that, we have to win all our remaining 4 matches. Despite our poor record against ManCity,I think we can win this match if we play to our best. ManCity have been largely inconsistent this season. We should make use of that to overcome them. without a doubt, Kane will be our key player in this match. It seems we only win matches when Kane scores. So hope Kane will get back his goal scoring boot in this match. After scoring in his last 2 matches, hope Chadli will continue his goal run as well. We will probably need Eriksen to score from the freekicks if we get one too.

IMO, this match will be won or lost in midfield. We will have to control the midfield to have any chance of winning this match. For this, I want more experienced players like Dembele, Stambouli and Paulinho start in midfield. I think we will get outplayed if inexperienced player like Mason, Bentaleb and Townsend start. Will be very annoyed if Pochettino choose to start the same Mason-Bentaleb partnership again. I feel Lamela should play some part in this match. He is after all our most creative player with 6 assists. It is a pity that he rarely score goals though.

Just can't see our defence keep a clean sheet in this match. In fact, I think we will need to score 3 goals to win this match. Will be very surprised if we don't concede more than 1 goal in this match. Our defence have been that bad this season. But it will help us greatly if we have Lloris, Vertonghen and Fazio all starting in this match. I still think Vertonghen-Fazio would have gelled together if we had played them together more. Instead Pochettino's obsession with young players means the inexperienced Dier played far too many matches which cost us dearly.

Regardless of where we finish, I think we have to win this match to get back our winning form. We have to finish this season in winning form to bring forward to the next season. To do that, we badly need to win this match, especially since we are at home. We did beat Arsenal and Chelsea at home. So, there is no reason whatsoever why we cannot win this match.

Everybody dance now!

I think we can win this match if we play to our best. But the question is can we give our best. It is up to Pochettino do get the players motivated for this match. Performance is not really important as long as we win. Hope Kane, Eriksen and Chadli will inspire us to get the win !

Lloris (c); Dier, Fazio, Vertonghen, Rose; Bentaleb, Mason; Chadli, Eriksen, Lamela; Kane

bench - Vorm, Chiriches, Yedlin, Paulinho, Stambouli, Adebayor, Soldado.

Happy with the team. I'd preferably have liked someone with a bit more presence alongside Bentaleb but if Mason can perform similar to how he did against Woolwich then we should be fine. It's great to have Rose back, keeps the Fazio/Vertonghen partnership going strong.

Front four picks itself.

City : Hart (C), Zabaleta, Demichelis, Mangala, Kolarov, Fernandinho, Fernando, Milner, Lampard, Silva, Aguero

City subs: Caballero, Sagna, Boyata, Clichy, Nasri, Dzeko, Bony

It's a game you'd want to see Dembele in, but he is not even on the bench. I hope he is injured.

Last edited:
Seriously wtf is he doing having Adebayor anywhere near the squad? And no Dembele is just plain daft. And how Lamela keeps his place after last weeks display is mind boggling, i honestly think Poch is a bit daft!

Lloris (c); Dier, Fazio, Vertonghen, Rose; Bentaleb, Mason; Chadli, Eriksen, Lamela; Kane

bench - Vorm, Chiriches, Yedlin, Paulinho, Stambouli, Adebayor, Soldado.

Very happy with the starting team.

I'd have preferred Townsend on the bench (is he injured?) to Ade, who really shouldn't be anywhere near the squad.

Seriously wtf is he doing having Adebayor anywhere near the squad? And no Dembele is just plain daft. And how Lamela keeps his place after last weeks display is mind boggling, i honestly think Poch is a bit daft!

As it's a relative dead rubber, presumably Lamela's still someone he expects to be working with next season and beyond - i.e. Poch is playing a longer game?

Thus far might he go, but no farther.

Well, if Poch puts him on the field with the game running away from us, as I presume that's the only reason he's got the great one that they call Adebayor on the bench. I'm expecting boos.

The Dembele situation is strange and frustrating. I really don't understand it, but it seems pretty clear he'll be plying his trade elsewhere next season. Don't like the look of the Stambouli training by himself situation either. Really weird that a player not on the bnech warms up on the field (referring to past incidents that seem a bit unsettling).

I think we have a bit of a problem with unwanted players. I can imagine its not great for morale. Its really importnat that we move players on in the summer as quickly as possible.

With reference to todays game, I'd same I'm happy with the side, except for the ommission of Dembele. The team picks itself more or less. We really are short on options. Good to see Rose back.

Back