• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT Spurs v City Sunday 4pm

They failed to get home wins against all of Villa, Hull, Leicester and Sunderland as well.
That's because of the well known conspiracy agaisnt Liverpool Football Club that exists at the highest levels of the game from people who have it in for Liverpool Football Club.

revenge for the last few games v City, plus the carrot of 5th place should be enough motivation for Pochettino's teamtalk on Sunday. We have been handed a lifeline and tbh we have played better at home against the big guns.
Another NYD and NLD performance will be required on Sunday, as barring more miracles we will be 3pts behind Pool and 2 behind Soton come 4pm Sun

Would like to win, as always. Not must win though.

Would like to see Dembele for this one. Would even give Paulie a run out. He owes us big time, especially after last week. Assuming, Rose, Walker and Davies are injured, I would like to try a different formation - and go three at the back.

................Lloris............

...Dyer.........Fazio..........Verts

Yedlin......Bebtelab..Paulie.....Townsend

.............Dembele....Eriksen..........

...................Kane.....................

Harsh on Lamela and Chadli, our scorers last week, but their overall game hasn't been good enough recently. Mason looks cream crackered and could hardly stand up against Soton. Eriksen and Kane need to find some form and sharpness.

3-2 if we play this team and formation.

Would like to win, as always. Not must win though.

Would like to see Dembele for this one. Would even give Paulie a run out. He owes us big time, especially after last week. Assuming, Rose, Walker and Davies are injured, I would like to try a different formation - and go three at the back.

................Lloris............

...Dyer.........Fazio..........Verts

Yedlin......Bebtelab..Paulie.....Townsend

.............Dembele....Eriksen..........

...................Kane.....................

Harsh on Lamela and Chadli, our scorers last week, but their overall game hasn't been good enough recently. Mason looks cream crackered and could hardly stand up against Soton. Eriksen and Kane need to find some form and sharpness.

3-2 if we play this team and formation.

Was just going to post almost exactly the same thing!

Any news on Rose? If he's out too (Ben Davies confirmed out) I'm assuming it will be Verts at left back, Dier into the centre with Fazio and either Chiriches or Yedlin at right back? Really hope Rose is back...

I wish we had must-won against Burnley and Villa (and the other crud clams we drew against/lost against). Even though in my mind Poch's first season was always going to be a transition and voyage of discovery, as always it's 'if only' for us. Still, I wouldn't swap the agony and ecstasy of following this Glorious Club for the 'success' of any other team in the world.

COYS!!!!!
Totallt agree we should have won both those games and the things would look a bit different for us now, but we never seem to take advantage when teams around us have a bad day.
Having said that we still need to give our all against City.

I want us to finish 5th, so a win is a priority not trying out wishful formations.

Why wishful? If Rose does not make the game, 3 - 5 - 2 - 1 is the best formation we can use to retain some degree of solidity.

Are our players and coach so tactically inept that they can only play one type of formation?

Why wishful? If Rose does not make the game, 3 - 5 - 2 - 1 is the best formation we can use to retain some degree of solidity.

Are our players and coach so tactically inept that they can only play one type of formation?

If he put out a mess like that one would have to wonder. Not to mention starting with 12 players. ;)

Really? Townsend and Yedlin as wing backs in a for us completely new system is the best formation we can use to retain some degree of solidity? Some claim to make.

The arguments against switching to a back 3 before have not been based on the tactical ineptitude of our coach or players... Why that would be the case now I don't know...

Really? Townsend and Yedlin as wing backs in a for us completely new system is the best formation we can use to retain some degree of solidity? Some claim to make.

The arguments against switching to a back 3 before have not been based on the tactical ineptitude of our coach or players... Why that would be the case now I don't know...

Because we saw against the Saints that we were woefully narrow. We were lucky to get a point thanks to two brilliant passes from Dier. But other than that we did SFA and should have been spanked.

If Rose is unable to play (which was the original premise) are you really advocating a back four of Dier - Fazio - Chiriches - Vertonghen? And with no wingers?

Successful teams can play 3 different formations, sometimes even in the same game yet we will apparently break apart at the seams if we play three at the back?

Because we saw against the Saints that we were woefully narrow. We were lucky to get a point thanks to two brilliant passes from Dier. But other than that we did SFA and should have been spanked.

If Rose is unable to play (which was the original premise) are you really advocating a back four of Dier - Fazio - Chiriches - Vertonghen? And with no wingers?

Successful teams can play 3 different formations, sometimes even in the same game yet we will apparently break apart at the seams if we play three at the back?

When was the last time we played three at the back?

Because that is what you wish to see?, if we want to finish 5th ( and we should) playing a system that we have never played or probably never worked on is not the way Poch will go.

I do know we've done it before and it is not as radical a departure as playing a back three.

Before when? In Sherwood's days? In AVB's days? In Redknapp's days? We sure never did it in Poch's days? And this is it! Without wingers and with 4 CBs we risk being as toothless as a centenarian in a home for the elderly.

Back