• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT - Spurs v Burnley

Man of the match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Our primary issue is defending set pieces. Six of the eight goals we have conceded this season have come directly or following a set piece.
Yep free kicks to the back stick
The United penalty was clumsy defending and straight form the centre
The other penalty was the handball joke call vs Southampton when it bounced off winks foot onto the arm of Doherty
Everton’s was a back stick free kick (our right to our left). West Ham’s were too
Stop conceding them first and foremost
I’ll add though that this season teams are really stealing free kicks
I watched the highlights of wolves Saudi Sportswashing Machine and Wilson got the free kick they equalised from by literally falling over. Another awful call

Burnley have scored three goals so far this season. One was a header from a free kick and two came after poor clearances of a cross into the box.

I hate 8pm kick offs
Been literally waiting all day for this game !!

Been waiting since Thursday. We’re on lockdown over here so there is literally fudge all to do except watch the football. Can’t even play golf. My mood for the whole week is now literally in the hands of Tottenham. Scary stuff that.

Dier out again tonight apparently.

I think this is a must-win for us against Burnley. We are still winless in 3 home matches in the league. So we must make sure we make use of our good away form. After all, we thrashed Southampton and ManU away. So, it will be annoying if we cannot beat Burnley away. But it won't be easy as Burnley are desperate for their first win of the season. We are also winless in our last 2 away matches at Burnley, drawing 1 and losing 1. So, we have to lift our game and be clinical in front of goal.

Kane and Son has been in good goal scoring form. We need them to continue their form. Bale is still struggling for form. Hope he can improve and get his first goal for us after signing from Real Madrid. Vinicius did well to get 2 assists against LASK. But will prefer if he scores when he gets chance. Want to see Lamela having a part in this match as he once scored a wonder goal against Burnley.

Our midfield have been doing well recently but they need to be more consistent. Want to see Ndombele, Hojberg and Sissoko more ruthless to command the midfield. Ndombele is improving fast but want to see him help our attack more.

We kept our first clean sheet of the season against LASK. But still not convinced of our defence. Wish we can play Alderweireld, Davies or Rodon in defence. If the error-prone Sanchez or Dier play, just can't see us keeping the clean sheet.

After the disappointing 3-3 draw with West Ham, we need to get back to winning ways. Let's hope we will turn up with the right team and mentality to beat Burnley and move up the league table.

Yep free kicks to the back stick
The United penalty was clumsy defending and straight form the centre
The other penalty was the handball joke call vs Southampton when it bounced off winks foot onto the arm of Doherty
Everton’s was a back stick free kick (our right to our left). West Ham’s were too
Stop conceding them first and foremost
I’ll add though that this season teams are really stealing free kicks
I watched the highlights of wolves Saudi Sportswashing Machine and Wilson got the free kick they equalised from by literally falling over. Another awful call

The Everton and first West Ham goals were similar. I'm not too worried about the penalties. We just need to cut out giving away free kicks in dangerous positions, defend them better and clear our lines.

Burnley have scored three goals so far this season. One was a header from a free kick and two came after poor clearances of a cross into the box.

They've got good forwards and are more than capable of giving our CBs problems

Everybody dance now!

We seem to be having a fully fit squad now. Mourinho is having many options to choose from but he needs to play the right players. As it was proven against West Ham, we cannot get complacent against any team. Let's hope we will put up a good performance and get the much needed win against Burnley.

The Everton and first West Ham goals were similar. I'm not too worried about the penalties. We just need to cut out giving away free kicks in dangerous positions, defend them better and clear our lines.
Yep
Cross to the back stick
Beat the group at the front and create a danger zone for players to come onto the ball
It’s a really good free kick technique

Yep
Cross to the back stick
Beat the group at the front and create a danger zone for players to come onto the ball
It’s a really good free kick technique

I was puzzled as to why Sissoko was covering that space last weekend. He barely got off the ground for the cross. At the very least you need to be contesting the ball.

I wouldn't be surprised if we see a flipping of our use of RBs this week with Doherty in the league team and Aurier in Europe.

I was puzzled as to why Sissoko was covering that space last weekend. He barely got off the ground for the cross. At the very least you need to be contesting the ball.
Watch it again and see the space given to their lad from midfield (big Czech guy)
Just odd

ElRt7PfWMAE_2bC

Back