• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT - SPURS v BRIGHTON

Man of the match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I can see early promise with a good start with numerous chances created but mostly straight at their goalie. Until we start to huff and puff.

The weekly defensive mistake to gift them the lead, before we stage a 'kitchen sink' last 10 minutes and snatch a draw

Ah the classic “choke without losing” that we all know so well...

a new and ridiculous way for Spurs to mess this up

This. There is no way that we turn up, give it the beans and win easily. We would go way too high in the table for our players, and much like Icarus, we don't do well up there.

I'm told Brighton played really well this year but Lady Luck didn't smile upon them.

Here comes Doctor Tottenham.

Surely, this is a must-win match for us. We are still winless at home in the league this season. After the way we threw away 3-0 lead to draw 3-3 with West Ham at home last time, we must win this match to get our first home win of the season in the league. We also need to get back to winning ways after losing to Antwerp in the Europa League. We do have a great record against Brighton, winning our last 6 matches against them in all competitions at home. We need to make use of that record to get that much needed win.

Kane and Son have been in great goal scoring form. Hope they will continue their form. But after his poor performance against Antwerp, Bale should be dropped. He is badly out of form and not fully fit. I think Moura or Lamela deserve to start instead. Bale can come on later in the match if needed.

Our midfield have done decently this season. But we need to improve further. Ndombele, Hojbjerg and Sissoko need to control the midfield more. We need to be ruthless in midfield and make our opponents scared of us ! Winks is too error-prone and should not be starting any matches.

Our defence is our weakest link now. Wish we had kept Vertonghen or get another experienced defender. Rodon seems too inexperienced while Sanchez and Dier too error-prone. Even Alderweireld makes too many mistakes now. Despite that, it will be annoying if we don't keep the clean sheet against Brighton in this match.

Almost all the teams seem to be struggling without fans at home this season. This seems to be the case with us as we have failed to win the 3 league matches at home so far. Despite that, we should be beating teams like Brighton at home. Let's hope we will turn up with the right team and mentality to beat Brighton and move up the league table.

Everybody dance now!

As proven against Antwerp, rotating our squad too much doesn't work in our favour. We should be playing players based on their current form. Let's hope we will put up a good performance and get a convincing win over Brighton.

This. There is no way that we turn up, give it the beans and win easily. We would go way too high in the table for our players, and much like Icarus, we don't do well up there.

I'm told Brighton played really well this year but Lady Luck didn't smile upon them.

Only saw them against United and they played United off the park. No idea how they lost the game. In fact, I’ve no idea how they didn’t win the game. Apparently they played similarly well against Chelsea so tonight won’t be easy especially if Doctor Tottenham makes his expected appearance.

We really are a mentally traumatised bunch aren’t we?

Agreed. Win our next two and we go top. Nailed on we don’t

Liverpool have City and Leicester coming up and I can see them dropping a few points in those. Maybe I’m blinded by my hatred of them but they look a bit ordinary to me and are only just getting away with it against a much lower standard of opposition in recent weeks.

We’ve a great chance to get some momentum going into the international break and the nightmare run of games after it but we’ve all been here before. Many times.

Is this the pessimism prelude?
Yes. Realist Corner.

FWIW, when the ref ludicrously gave Saudi Sportswashing Machine a penalty against us, in the last second (when the ball hit Dier's arm from behind) I was so incensed I went out into my garden for some 'quiet time' with loud music in my headphones and got my axe out of the shed.

I found a particularly tricky pile of tree stumps/logs and started smashing them into fire-sized logs. With each blow I shouted "Gianni Infantino... Gianni Infantino...".
One of them was such an awkward shape it took roughly 8 million blows to smash it into pieces. Rage carried me through.

Then I ceremoniously burnt it on the fire. I got over it a few days later, but would happily run over the guy that introduced this version of the handball rule.

Yes. Realist Corner.

FWIW, when the ref ludicrously gave Saudi Sportswashing Machine a penalty against us, in the last second (when the ball hit Dier's arm from behind) I was so incensed I went out into my garden for some 'quiet time' with loud music in my headphones and got my axe out of the shed.

I found a particularly tricky pile of tree stumps/logs and started smashing them into fire-sized logs. With each blow I shouted "Gianni Infantino... Gianni Infantino...".
One of them was such an awkward shape it took roughly 8 million blows to smash it into pieces. Rage carried me through.

Then I ceremoniously burnt it on the fire. I got over it a few days later, but would happily run over the guy that introduced this version of the handball rule.
At least you're keeping the family warm:)

Back