• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT - Spurs v Bournemouth

Man of the match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Need to look at how Dortmund manage to regenerate every few years. I think the template for us would be two tough all action midfielders at the base of midfield and pacey full backs.
Just one tough midfielder and decent full backs will make a huge difference
Add in an alternative striker and wow... we could be a team

Yeah, Sanchez I’d get rid of. Along with Lamela, Sissoko, Aurier, Winks and probably Dele (one of the bigger names needs to go to raise some money and it’s been a long time since he had any sort of consistent form).

Jan and Vorm will go this summer too. That’s eight out. Cuts the wage bill, as well as bringing some money in, and allows room to recruit.

Id keep Winks as a squad player and maybe Alli but can understand the argument in selling him. The rest I agree completely.

Need to look at how Dortmund manage to regenerate every few years. I think the template for us would be two tough all action midfielders at the base of midfield and pacey full backs.

They are in constant evolution as they are pretty much guaranteed a CL place, enabling them to attract quality youngsters, and guaranteed a big fee when the successful players inevitably move to Bayern.

It’s obviously working for them, but I don’t see how they overtake Bayern long term.

They are in constant evolution as they are pretty much guaranteed a CL place, enabling them to attract quality youngsters, and guaranteed a big fee when the successful players inevitably move to Bayern.

It’s obviously working for them, but I don’t see how they overtake Bayern long term.
They won’t
No one can as the finances are so far apart

Great management. If only we had refreshed the squad when he wanted.

You keep on about this but he took no action to achieve this. Eriksen should have been out the door as soon as he told Poch he wouldn’t sign a new contract. He didn’t sensibly reinvest the money we got for Walker. He didn’t sell any other of our big “stars” when he could have done and got big money. He bought an average of five players a year - mostly disasters. He had no sensible succession planning and left us with a totally unbalanced squad full of mediocre players.

Every game I get up at 1am or 3am, or whatever fudging time it is. I think, "Right, this is the game where we click. This is the game where we go back to playing the exciting way we used to. This is the game where Harry returns to form and rips goals in again".

It never happens. I'm starting to realise that may not happen again for a long time. We've been regressing for a fair while now, and I see long uphill climb to get back to where we were only a few years ago.

Get used to it ...This is a late 90's rerun ...Our Mr Byrite chairman is employing a footballing dinosaur of a manager, whilst our competitors have forward thinking, hungry managers... I'd prefer any one of the managers of the teams above us to be in charge of Spurs.. I suspect Levy will give it another season and a half of this turgidness before admitting to himself that he got it wrong...

4 shots on target in three games against Sheffield Utd, Everton and Bournemouth ...

Bournemouth fudging Bournemouth, who in 185 PL games prior to facing Jose's Spurs, had never played a game where the opposition had failed to register a target on their goal!

If Jose had told our players to not worry about the result, forget the tactics but to just go out there and enjoy the game, I don't think it would've been possible to serve up a bricker performance....

You keep on about this but he took no action to achieve this. Eriksen should have been out the door as soon as he told Poch he wouldn’t sign a new contract. He didn’t sensibly reinvest the money we got for Walker. He didn’t sell any other of our big “stars” when he could have done and got big money. He bought an average of five players a year - mostly disasters. He had no sensible succession planning and left us with a totally unbalanced squad full of mediocre players.

Supposition. You've got no idea what action he tried to take. What we do know is that he made it clear that he wanted to see the squad overhauled. Ultimately, that relies on sales and that didn't fall within the manager's remit beyond saying what players he would be prepared to sell.

Not a shot on target for the first time in 13 years of Mourinho's management. We've regressed beyond belief in the space of one and a half years. We've got our Tottenham back, the midtable version.

It was never good enough truly. I like him as a player but let's not lie to ourselves his time at spurs has ultimately been meh and his biggest saving grace is that he works hard. Considering he is an AM that's pathetic.
That's simply not true. Take a look at highlights from our biggest and best games, and he's involved in a hell of a lot of our goals! I was amazed myself how often he was involved!

Supposition. You've got no idea what action he tried to take. What we do know is that he made it clear that he wanted to see the squad overhauled. Ultimately, that relies on sales and that didn't fall within the manager's remit beyond saying what players he would be prepared to sell.

Sorry it certainly does fall down to him. Stoping playing them would be entirely his call. He was far too loyal to a small cadre of players. Eriksen, Rose and Lamela should have been sold ages ago. We would have got good money for them. But he kept on playing them well after it was clear in retrospect they should have been sold. He simply wasn't ruthless enough with " his players" . The only ones he let go were those he fell out with - Walker, Townsend and Trippier. Diabolical from a manager imo.

Every game I get up at 1am or 3am, or whatever fudging time it is. I think, "Right, this is the game where we click. This is the game where we go back to playing the exciting way we used to. This is the game where Harry returns to form and rips goals in again".

I think I'll pass this one for a change. Weird thing is, we seemed to be doing a lot better during the first few weeks of Mourinho's tenure than we are now. I understand he's not everyone's cup of tea, but his Manchester side wasn't that bad, and the players he had back then weren't vastly superior to what we have now. So either he's completely lost his mojo in a year (but I find that difficult to believe) or the problem lies with the players themselves. Sometimes, you need a clearout to start anew. It's just unfortunate that it should happen now, with a transfer market in shambles and a manager who doesn't have a great record at unearthing gems...

It could also be that he's treating the last few games as a preseason of sort but since there won't be much a summer break, that doesn't bode well for the future.

I do wonder if Levy will even give it another season. The 'face' and marketing value of Spurs is taking an absolute hammering at the moment.

I'm sure he'll give Mourinho the start of next season however I think its 50/50 whether he's still our manager at xmas. Levy has fired enough managers when we've been 8th-10th in the table, and I dont see us being above that come November/December unless the 2-3 signings which he makes this summer manage to really hit the ground running from game 1

That said, even if we are above that 8th-10th range, to Mullet's point we'll likely still be awful to watch, which will hit the marketing/attraction value of Spurs

I think I'll pass this one for a change. Weird thing is, we seemed to be doing a lot better during the first few weeks of Mourinho's tenure than we are now. I understand he's not everyone's cup of tea, but his Manchester side wasn't that bad, and the players he had back then weren't vastly superior to what we have now. So either he's completely lost his mojo in a year (but I find that difficult to believe) or the problem lies with the players themselves..
100% this
On the whole these are mainly the same players who dialled it in for most of Poch's last year too

This whole disastrous performance stemmed from a totally apathetic, limp and late OMT. @milo should take most of the blame. If we, as supposed supporters, can't seem to be bothered, it is not surprising the players aren't either.

Sadly I don’t buy it’s the player group are the problem.
We need new ones no doubt but if the management group are not getting a tune out of them then it’s the wrong management.
Mourinho projects a air of a perpetual caretaker and just passing going through the motions.

Last edited:
Sadly I don’t buy it’s the player group are the problem.
We need new ones no doubt but if the management group are not getting a tune out of them then it’s the wrong management.
Mourinho projects a air of a perpetual caretaker and just passing through and going through the motions.
This is the same group of players who got Poch sacked.
Nothing has changed

This is the same group of players who got Poch sacked.
Nothing has changed

we will agree disagree - Poch failed to win things and was no longer motivating The group. Mourinho is now like an old film we have all seen it before and so have the players.
We need new investment. And we must get rid of Jose. We won’t sell all the players and I can’t stand watching this Mourinho bore feast.

Back