• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT - Spurs v Arsenal

Man of the match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I do wonder how different teams are reacting to the lack of fans. Is there a marked improvement in away performances vs home ones, for example? Is our vast empty stadium dragging the players down?

Not an excuse, as it's the same for all teams. Perhaps it's more down to how well the management teams are, well, managing the players psychologically. Which I do think has been a failing of ours since the Martin Jol days, maybe even earlier.

Getting things on-topic, however, I finally saw the highlights on MotD2 last night, having listened to the game on the radio (as well as the coverage on the Guardian website and here on GG). I was surprised at the Lacazette goal -- listening to the commentators, I was expecting some sort of 35-yard wondergoal, but it was really "only" a decent strike into the corner from just outside the box. After an, ahem, over-enthusiastic first touch from Aurier, of course.

Interesting to see Jenas's take on our formation. I do like a good old-fashioned strike partnership, and maybe Mourinho does too!

I do wonder how different teams are reacting to the lack of fans. Is there a marked improvement in away performances vs home ones, for example? Is our vast empty stadium dragging the players down?
Our home forms actually been pretty good in lockdown.
Drew with Utd (VAR robbed us of the win)
Beat West Ham
Beat Everton
Beat Arsenal

That’s not an easy set of fixture by any stretch.

Getting things on-topic, however, I finally saw the highlights on MotD2 last night, having listened to the game on the radio (as well as the coverage on the Guardian website and here on GG).

The full match is up on Spurs TV now

Our home forms actually been pretty good in lockdown.
Drew with Utd (VAR robbed us of the win)
Beat West Ham
Beat Everton
Beat Arsenal

That’s not an easy set of fixture by any stretch.
I did wonder if home advantage could be reversed if the players sense the lack of optimism in the crowd orthe groans and negativity when the team goes behind or is struggling to string passes together and make meaningful chances. Play those final ten minute against Goons were negated with some comfort, would any nerves from the crowd make it less comfortable it would our cheering every touch have helped?

Anybody implying Harry was at fault or didn't 'do his bit' against arsenal is talking out of their backsides.
The only thing I was surprised at was the shot he took on in the last minute or so, it was unlike him to not put the certainty of the result first. We also swung in a corner after going 2-1 up which surprised me too (I think against Everton we started to run down the clock earlier than that!)
It was actually the most involved Kane has been for a while, his execution might have been a fraction off but if we continue to get him the ball in those areas he will score more than most.

The only thing I was surprised at was the shot he took on in the last minute or so, it was unlike him to not put the certainty of the result first. We also swung in a corner after going 2-1 up which surprised me too (I think against Everton we started to run down the clock earlier than that!)
It was actually the most involved Kane has been for a while, his execution might have been a fraction off but if we continue to get him the ball in those areas he will score more than most.

Not back to his best but getting closer especially last time out, love the two-pronged attack.

Davies shot may have been 'better' but Aubamayangs was the better chance

its was their highest xG chance of the game I think, still a fair bit lower than the opportunity Son scored from (we had 4/5 chances of a similar xG)

Davies shot had a very similar xG to Lacazette's goal

I think lots of people (fans, pundits and journalists alike) are overly swayed by possession.

i agree, stats are useful but that is all they are sad to say there are fans/pundits who believe they tell the whole story. They do not and never will.

Can you name anyone who believes that they tell the whole story?

Silly question really mate, i doubt you know anyone i know. But there would be no point anyway if you think you are right i take it you do not watch a lot of football on SKY/BT if you really believe what you say.

Silly question really mate, i doubt you know anyone i know. But there would be no point anyway if you think you are right i take it you do not watch a lot of football on SKY/BT if you really believe what you say.

I don't see a lot of statistical analysis on Sky. If you spoke about misuse of stats, I'd agree with you but most of the mistakes made there are also made by people who don't use stats.

Anybody implying Harry was at fault or didn't 'do his bit' against arsenal is talking out of their backsides.

I was probably a bit harsh yesterday but watch from 80 minutes back. He was jogging when he should have been putting pressure on their defenders. I thought it was a poor show.

Back