• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT Spurs - Fulham

5 goals in 6 PL games. Not nearly good enough. Let's get out full backs high and wide. Bring in Dele to give us additional attacking potency. Kane and Son to be excused defensive duties. Sissoko to cover Aurier.

Let's PLAY football ffs.

We are much much better than them man for man. Mourinho simply must release the handbrake and stop us playing in second gear.

...................Lloris.................

Aurier.....Rodon.....Dier.....Serge

..........Sissoko.......PEH...........

.................NDombele..............

..................Dele.......Son...........

.............Kane....................

It could be a club punishment for breaching Covid rules. They wouldn't normally release details of something like that.
We haven’t officially had anyone have it yet, yet we did say some players had it pre season
We seem to not want to name anyone

We haven’t officially had anyone have it yet, yet we did say some players had it pre season
We seem to not want to name anyone

We weren't obliged to reveal details in pre-season, I don't think that is the case during the season

So they should just throw and consideration of general public health and thousands of lives out of the window, because they have made some rules for PLAYING fudging FOOTBALL, when the situation was nowhere near as bad as it is now??
OK......

Completely different subject

the rules are in place that say 14 is the cut off, if they can’t play it’s a forfeit unless the rules have changed, it’s that simple.

how a club with testing and bubbles in place is losing that that may players through covid is a question that should be asked.

why should clubs that have control over players be punished with a backlog of games?

It’s looking likely to be called off - so we have to fit another game on to an already busy schedule.

You go to Covid or Covid comes to you... Makes very little difference.

I work full time and so does my misses, she works in a school and i work in a garage getting in and out of customers cars all day. My kids also go to School, one secondary and one primary and non of us have got it and we have had tests aswell. We are not multi millionaires we just use common sense, if we can go without catching it then anyone can imo.

If Moura or Vinicius or any other of our players have tested positive for covid or are having to self-isolate due to idiotic behaviour and breaking tier 4 rules about meeting up with other households, then I could well imagine the other players being pretty p1ssed off about it, as breaking the rules and then coming into a work environment puts the rest of the team at risk (and by extension, their families as well). I'd expect the club to take disciplinary action, although it probably doesn't really achieve anything.

If the PL bent their 'rule of 14' for City yesterday, then the precedent has been set and they have to do the same for any team that requests a postponement. I think if a game is being postponed then there should be transparency around the number of players infected and the number of players self-isolating.

If Moura or Vinicius or any other of our players have tested positive for covid or are having to self-isolate due to idiotic behaviour and breaking tier 4 rules about meeting up with other households, then I could well imagine the other players being pretty p1ssed off about it, as breaking the rules and then coming into a work environment puts the rest of the team at risk (and by extension, their families as well). I'd expect the club to take disciplinary action, although it probably doesn't really achieve anything.

If the PL bent their 'rule of 14' for City yesterday, then the precedent has been set and they have to do the same for any team that requests a postponement. I think if a game is being postponed then there should be transparency around the number of players infected and the number of players self-isolating.
They postponed a Saudi Sportswashing Machine game
I’ll just add that Sheffield have confirmed they have a number of cases but won’t name names due to medical confidentiality

I work full time and so does my misses, she works in a school and i work in a garage getting in and out of customers cars all day. My kids also go to School, one secondary and one primary and non of us have got it and we have had tests aswell. We are not multi millionaires we just use common sense, if we can go without catching it then anyone can imo.
That's just luck. Nothing else.

That's just luck. Nothing else.
It's more about risk. True, you cannot eliminate the risk of contracting Covid. But you can minimise it as far as is reasonably practicable by taking proper precautions such as reducing your contacts outside of work. It depends on how much you are willing to restrict your life. If you are a footballer you are generally young, fit and rich. You're probably less willing to live with restrictions.

So you’re saying the hundreds of thousands who have caught it in this country have all not been taking the right precautions? By being careful you can minimise the probabilities, but an attitude of ‘we were careful and haven’t had it so no one else who behaves the same will’ is to be polite naive....

If it's just luck presumably you don't take heed of the precautions put in place/recommended?
That's a very uncharitable reading of the post.

To me Kandi is making a good and important point. Having taken the appropriate precautions, not getting the virus is down to luck.

Two people could take the exact same precautions, behave in the exact same way (theoretically at least), yet one of them could get covid, the other one not. There is a clear element of luck involved.

Concluding that I took precautions and didn't catch it thus everyone that takes precautions won't, thus people catching it didn't take the same precautions its faulty logic. And at least somewhat harmful.

What a strange thing to say. Unfortunately just using common sense doesn't act as a barrier to prevent you catching the virus.
I work in three schools, my wife works in a school and my children go to school and luckily we've not caught it.
My friend works in a different school and has a pregnant wife and they are even more cautious than we are, yet they've still caught it.
If you work in a school or around other people in close proximity then no amount of common sense can 100% stop you from catching it.
I'm assuming the virus can't distinguish whether you are a millionaire or not.

Back