• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT Spurs Everton

Man of the match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
He is the best striker in the land
But he needs service to do his job

he needs to work too, that’s way more important, we put two really good crosses in today, both easily cleared at the near post because our CF hadn’t attacked them

just one example of things he used to do 100 times a game that is now a rarity

I don’t think we can press with the lack of pace in that defence
Toby hasn’t had any negative calls but when Richarlson gone in today Toby was so far odd the pace it was scary
Dier got done twice and Davies did ok but was very deep, and really poor with his passing

I think that's very harsh, thought so at the time when Neville called it. It was a badly overhit pass from Davies, ball spinning towards Richarlison who is obviously faster and he just nicked it away. Think Toby was more at fault for the goal TBH as he misread the flight and just didn't jump.

I think that is a little unfair on Jose steff. Part of the issue is we are Spurs, can not afford top quality players. No matter who the manager is you can only do as well as the quality of your players. Jose is a world class manager but you have to back him with the players he wants, not sure Man Utd did that tbf and that certainly won’t happen at Spurs. Hence I am not sure Jose will succeed here at Spurs any more than the managers before him. Hope I am wrong though. This is why Poch was so made for us, he made ordinary players better but he burnt them out with his intensity so needed a regular refresh - which he didn’t get.

On another point, how the fudge did Everton afford the likes of James Rodrigues, he was bigger than Mbappe a few seasons ago, and Allan too as well as also buying Dacouraye. Don’t clubs have to comply with FFP anymore?

James was around £12m, the other two were around £20m each - so not crazy spending.

Surprised we weren't in for James at that price.

he needs to work too, that’s way more important, we put two really good crosses in today, both easily cleared at the near post because our CF hadn’t attacked them

just one example of things he used to do 100 times a game that is now a rarity

He isn't that player anymore, injuries have paid for that but he is the deadliest striker in the country, as I said in his thread he got 24 in 34 last season

The lad is world class

I think that's very harsh, thought so at the time when Neville called it. It was a badly overhit pass from Davies, ball spinning towards Richarlison who is obviously faster and he just nicked it away. Think Toby was more at fault for the goal TBH as he misread the flight and just didn't jump.
He was treading water every time they ran near him
He needs Sanchez alongside him and they parted really well when Dier was suspended
Issue is Dier is seen by Jose as one of the few leaders and he likes him

I’ve got deep concerns about this lop sided full back thing.

It’s not working. We’re predictable yet very open down the right. We’re even more predictable down the left as there nothing happening. (and we can’t play £25m Sessegnon there as GHod forbid he might attack.)

It’s not working. We’re predictable yet very open down the right. We’re even more predictable down the left as there nothing happening. (and we can’t play £25m Sessegnon there as GHod forbid he might attack.)
It’s predictable and relies on one player
It’s not great
I’d rather see two attacking full backs and hit from both sides

It’s predictable and relies on one player
It’s not great
I’d rather see two attacking full backs and hit from both sides
Agreed. I just don’t get what the point is.

We’re no more secure at the back. Probably less so in fact. (as we still don’t have a DM)

But attacking wise, the opposition know there’s going to be one fullback forward, who can’t cross, no creative number 10 to play off of, and a bloody big gap in behind.

It’s a very basic tactic in my book. It worked early on because teams maybe didn’t expect it but it’s easy to figure out. I assume Doherty was signed to continue doing it but if that’s Jose’s masterplan, we could be in bother.

Agreed. I just don’t get what the point is.

We’re no more secure at the back. Probably less so in fact. (as we still don’t have a DM)

But attacking wise, the opposition know there’s going to be one fullback forward, who can’t cross, no creative number 10 to play off of, and a bloody big gap in behind.
Look at Everton today and their FBs didn’t attack much but if you have players who can cross week (digne has a great cross) you can switch it up
We have Davies who can defend ok most of the time and in the past has been very creative but he is a half way house in this set up

It’s a very basic tactic in my book. It worked early on because teams maybe didn’t expect it but it’s easy to figure out. I assume Doherty was signed to continue doing it but if that’s Jose’s masterplan, we could be in bother.
Totally. When we had Rose and Walker we could attack from either, or both sides, and still offer overlaps to both inverted wingers.
Now, we just have one right back running into a cul de sac. So predictable and flat.

Back