• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT Spurs Everton

Man of the match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I rate Jose and I rate his ability to make game changing subs but that was beyond fudging dumb. Alli worked hard and was close to a couple of things coming off. I’d have sacrificed Moura before him but Jose likes Moura’s pace I think. And Ndombele was the fella to bring on. They were controlling the ball in midfield. Sissoko probably isn’t the fella to stop that and he was shunted out on the right anyway. A really odd and, I hate saying this, brainless sub that set us back even further in the game.

I’d imagine Alli is fuming.

Moura's 'pace'. Similar to Jermaine Defoe's pace. Assumed to be quick just because they're short

I rate Jose and I rate his ability to make game changing subs but that was beyond fudging dumb. Alli worked hard and was close to a couple of things coming off. I’d have sacrificed Moura before him but Jose likes Moura’s pace I think. And Ndombele was the fella to bring on. They were controlling the ball in midfield. Sissoko probably isn’t the fella to stop that and he was shunted out on the right anyway. A really odd and, I hate saying this, brainless sub that set us back even further in the game.

I’d imagine Alli is fuming.
I thought it was odd all round

With Poch, you always felt if backed properly we'd come through because he has so much to give. Mourinho is a busted flush. He was at Man U. We all know it whether we want to admit it or not.

Mate, I really like you and love your loyalty to Poch but I cant agree Mourinho is a busted flush. I still think he can do it for us. Obviously that’s not based on anything I saw today...

Mate, I really like you and love your loyalty to Poch but I cant agree Mourinho is a busted flush. I still think he can do it for us. Obviously that’s not based on anything I saw today...

Just to say, it is nothing much to do with Poch anymore. It is an opinion based on the last four years, embracing his time with Man U and his time with us last season.

Players will be looking for reasons to stay tonight.

Dele Harry and Sonny especially
Maybe they should take some accountability too though
It’s the same every game
Why would a player stay after a defeat forgetting there the ones accountable for that performance as Much as the manager
We have to stop making excuses for players efforts. When Jose does it he gets dug out by fans yet fans do it all the time

There was one stage in the second half where Toby gave Hojbjerg the ball, when we were losing, and without looking, he knocked it back to Toby. Toby gave it to him again. Again, without looking, he knocked it straight back. That brick doesn’t work at the upper end of the league.

As John Giles says, your obligation as a midfielder is to get the ball and try to do something constructive with it. If there’s no forward pass on, then and only then, do you knock it sideways or back. Hojbjerg was gutless in that piece of play.

I’m not writing him off by any means but he needs to up his game.

He’s probably been watching Winks in training.

Players will be looking for reasons to stay tonight.

Dele Harry and Sonny especially

Their biggest reason is that Levy won’t sell them.

Just to say, it is nothing much to do with Poch anymore. It is an opinion based on the last four years, embracing his time with Man U and his time with us last season.
TBF his time last season he did better than Poch pints wise like for like
And at United he won more trophies than we have in 20 years..
and that was all with dysfunctional teams
But it doesn’t mean Poch couldn’t have done something

Listened on the radio and what I heard hurt a lot.

The constant tactical changes suggest Jose is unclear on our best set up, and such changes suggest to me a lack of trust in our players.

I'm a big Jose fan but I am concerned that a very good midfield, in its first game for Everton battered us today.

They fully deserved it and we have no excuses.

With Poch, you always felt if backed properly we'd come through because he has so much to give. Mourinho is a busted flush. He was at Man U. We all know it whether we want to admit it or not.
I think that is a little unfair on Jose steff. Part of the issue is we are Spurs, can not afford top quality players. No matter who the manager is you can only do as well as the quality of your players. Jose is a world class manager but you have to back him with the players he wants, not sure Man Utd did that tbf and that certainly won’t happen at Spurs. Hence I am not sure Jose will succeed here at Spurs any more than the managers before him. Hope I am wrong though. This is why Poch was so made for us, he made ordinary players better but he burnt them out with his intensity so needed a regular refresh - which he didn’t get.

On another point, how the fudge did Everton afford the likes of James Rodrigues, he was bigger than Mbappe a few seasons ago, and Allan too as well as also buying Dacouraye. Don’t clubs have to comply with FFP anymore?

Listened on the radio and what I heard hurt a lot.

The constant tactical changes suggest Jose is unclear on our best set up, and such changes suggest to me a lack of trust in our players.

I'm a big Jose fan but I am concerned that a very good midfield, in its first game for Everton battered us today.

They fully deserved it and we have no excuses.
That word battered really isn’t a reflection on that game at all. Hugo made one save second half and IIRC Pickford made more. But that doesn’t mean we deserved anything because we didn’t. Everton took a chance and then didn’t create anything after it or actually much of note before hand. They had the Richarlson chance from Davies woeful pass... and James hit a shot wide. They also hit a few pea rollers at Hugo. Their keeper actually made some good saves but they were all saveable

I think that is a little unfair on Jose steff. Part of the issue is we are Spurs, can not afford top quality players. No matter who the manager is you can only do as well as the quality of your players. Jose is a world class manager but you have to back him with the players he wants, not sure Man Utd did that tbf and that certainly won’t happen at Spurs. Hence I am not sure Jose will succeed here at Spurs any more than the managers before him. Hope I am wrong though. This is why Poch was so made for us, he made ordinary players better but he burnt them out with his intensity so needed a regular refresh - which he didn’t get.

On another point, how the fudge did Everton afford the likes of James Rodrigues, he was bigger than Mbappe a few seasons ago, and Allan too as well as also buying Dacouraye. Don’t clubs have to comply with FFP anymore?
They have spent £512m under Moshiri (he is only worth just over a £B) and their wages are 86% of their turnover
They have Usmanov bank rolling then behind the scenes. He will chuck money at them. Fair Play to him

That word battered really isn’t a reflection on that game at all. Hugo made one save second half and IIRC Pickford made more. But that doesn’t mean we deserved anything because we didn’t. Everton took a chance and then didn’t create anything after it or actually much of note before hand. They had the Richarlson chance from Davies woeful pass... and James hit a shot wide. They also hit a few pea rollers at Hugo. Their keeper actually made some good saves but they were all saveable

Both teams were poor.

Just wanted us to come out the blocks with some zip. Pass the ball well. Have some shape and movement in attack.

Everton looked shaky, a team that hasn’t played together much. And we stood off and let them play. While we’re at home. Mourinho has coordinated the defence and we look compact. But the press and attacking movement - so far we look lost, like there are no instructions or coordination. That’s a concern.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

Maybe they should take some accountability too though
It’s the same every game
Why would a player stay after a defeat forgetting there the ones accountable for that performance as Much as the manager
We have to stop making excuses for players efforts. When Jose does it he gets dug out by fans yet fans do it all the time

The buck stops with the manager! Everton were doing well, Jose changed things and managed to make a spunky Everton into Bayern look a likes!
We got rapidly worse after Jose cut Dele.....simple as!

Last edited:
Back