• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***OMT Spurs - Barcodes***

Man of the match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
From the above:

« There are mistakes which I probably shouldn’t even call mistakes because they are related to qualities that players have.»

This in itself isn’t a particularly controversial statement, if it was uttered between e.g. Mourinho and Levy or Mourinho and his wife. It’s been stated on this board 50 times per day for 2 years now, more or less.

But for a manager to say that in a press conference... it’s meltdown time. Cooling rods no longer operational.

The worrying thing is that anyone watching the first half could see that Sanchez was having a mare, so why not hook him at half time. I know we only had one central defender on the bench, Dier, but he had to be better than Sanchez. For a long time now I have thought that Jose's substitutions are pre=planned even down to when they come on. The half time sub of Son for Vini seemed unnecessary when there were clearly problems in other areas of the pitch. Yes replace Vini with Son sometime in the 2nd half but try to solve the defensive problems first

Then 15 seconds into the 2nd half and Sanchez makes another error and still stays on the pitch. At the end of the day though we have a squad full of good, very good or world class attacking players who are being blinkered by Mourinho's defensive tactics. We were playing Saudi Sportswashing Machine today not Bayern, just attack them Mourinho!

From the above:

« There are mistakes which I probably shouldn’t even call mistakes because they are related to qualities that players have.»

This in itself isn’t a particularly controversial statement, if it was uttered between e.g. Mourinho and Levy or Mourinho and his wife. It’s been stated on this board 50 times per day for 2 years now, more or less.

But for a manager to say that in a press conference... it’s meltdown time. Cooling rods no longer operational.

Exactly. You do not throw your players under the bus like that, period. The fudging clam. He chose who to play. fudging back them.

And yet most of the same players regularly did the same thing under a different manager.

Hardly coincidence.

Not for me. Of the starting eleven today, Tanganga, Rodon, Reguilon, Hjobjerg, Ndombele, GLC and Vinicius didn't play in any of the chokes under Poch.

That leaves Lloris who is a world cup winning captain, Kane who is arguably the best striker in the world, Moura who dragged us to a CL final and Sanchez who ill give you.

Maybe it's just a Tottenham thing but I think the managers pukeball tactics are a major part of the problem.

Not for me. Of the starting eleven today, Tanganga, Rodon, Reguilon, Hjobjerg, Ndombele, GLC and Vinicius didn't play in any of the chokes under Poch.

That leaves Lloris who is a world cup winning captain, Kane who is arguably the best striker in the world, Moura who dragged us to a CL final and Sanchez who ill give you.

Maybe it's just a Tottenham thing but I think the managers pukeball tactics are a major part of the problem.
I think it would be one thing if we played well and got sucker punched or if we played truly awfully and deservedly dropped points. But yesterday we just looked like a rabble, plenty of good moments and loads of awful ones without any sort of pattern to what was happening on the pitch.

I don't believe the players can be blamed per se as they just look like they are doing whatever comes naturally to them. We look like jar of pick and mix just dashed on to the pitch and left to work it out.

We look less than the sum of our parts.

Last edited:
The worrying thing is that anyone watching the first half could see that Sanchez was having a mare, so why not hook him at half time. I know we only had one central defender on the bench, Dier, but he had to be better than Sanchez. For a long time now I have thought that Jose's substitutions are pre=planned even down to when they come on. The half time sub of Son for Vini seemed unnecessary when there were clearly problems in other areas of the pitch. Yes replace Vini with Son sometime in the 2nd half but try to solve the defensive problems first

Then 15 seconds into the 2nd half and Sanchez makes another error and still stays on the pitch. At the end of the day though we have a squad full of good, very good or world class attacking players who are being blinkered by Mourinho's defensive tactics. We were playing Saudi Sportswashing Machine today not Bayern, just attack them Mourinho!

It's funny because Mourinho gets a lot of hate for criticising his players in press conferences. I don't understand why a manager shouldn't be allowed to speak his mind or why the players should be protected at all cost. That's something managers like Wenger introduced in the game in the 90s. When was the last time you heard something even remotely interesting in a press conference? Personally, I have no problem with the manager saying our defenders are poor. We all know it and we all type it all year long on this very message board.

On the other hand, I think he made a bold move by backing his defence and keeping it on the pitch for as long as he did. It should be remembered that a couple of months ago, the same Mourinho got a lot of stick because he kept chopping and changing his back four. Yesterday, he played one of the youngest back four available to him and he stuck with them through thick and thin. It's cost us two more points but that's still something I give him credit for. To be fair, the defence was very poor bur our midfield was hardly much better, despite having more quality and experience, at least on paper...

Last edited:
Without Kane we’d have lost that. Quite happy for Levy to get a new manager in. We concede a lot while having a defensive setup. We neither control games by retaining possession or create a secure defensive block. We’re stuck somewhere inbetween, lack an identity, and much of our passing (and shape) is messy.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

Back