• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT roosters Vs Magpies ***

Man of the match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I think the MOM speaks volumes about our display yesterday, remember people we were playing a very poor Saudi Sportswashing Machine.
We are missing the point if we fixate on this terrible handball rule.
Eh? A central midfielder who was key to us completely dominating the game got MoM?

I get what your saying but the game doesn’t work like that

If we stopped using VAr we could have different rules for one competition and one for Europe... doesn’t work for clubs

And VAr isn’t the problem is it. vAR is just a function to relay everything. It’s the rules and the weak refs that are the issue

My guess is 'we' (the UK football authorities) could control what Refs do. We pay their salaries at the end of the day. They answer to UK bodies. If we tell them to only use VAR for big obvious mistakes, then all of these issues disappear.

...to be replaced by trying to define what is a big obvious mistake and which isn't!

It’s two separate things. Yes, we should have killed the game off but we didn’t and paid the price. The fact that it was through a ridiculous handball decision is irrelevant.

But the rule is a nonsense, we had a similar decision go against us last week with Doherty which imo is just as baffling as Dier’s yesterday, only it wasn’t such a big deal because it didn’t affect the result but this rule has been ruining the game in other European leagues for a couple of seasons and is now going to ruin ours

Sorry if you think I'm being a miserable sod. I just don't see a good performance. I see a mediocre performance from a team struggling to break down a poor team.

PS I'm blaming lockdown;)

Every bugger else does...

Not sure ' failure to break them down' is a fair criticism of yesterday's performance given the number of decent chances we had. Chance conversion on the day, certainly.

I fully emphasise on the lockdown engendered cantankerousness however!

Question about his hand being offside - not so, as the hand cannot be used with the ball so is not considered.

Yet Son got penalised for having his elbow in an offside position against Leicester last year.

var-offside-640x360.jpg

Last edited:
My guess is 'we' (the UK football authorities) could control what Refs do. We pay their salaries at the end of the day. They answer to UK bodies. If we tell them to only use VAR for big obvious mistakes, then all of these issues disappear.

...to be replaced by trying to define what is a big obvious mistake and which isn't!
That could be done and UEFA ban English teams from UEFA competitions for not following the rules and directives laid down by UEFA and FIFA.

He also got quite the push in the back from the other n'castle player. So much of a push that it should be a FK imo.

I agree with that. I know I’m in a tiny minority, but I can see why it was given - he windmills one arm once he’s already in the air, and it looks unnatural (even moreso at full speed IMO). But I think the reason he windmills his arm is because he was pushed off balance.

(I actually don’t think his one-armed 360 windmill was a natural result of jumping, as others have suggested)

Very happy with the overall performance (poor finishing aside) and it was probably the best and most balanced for a while.
It was only Saudi Sportswashing Machine though, it has to be said.

The rule is a load of bleep, we know. But Harry and co should really have put the game to bed long before that.

Good balance and gameplan overall imo, particularly given the fixture congestion.

It will be interesting to see how our defence and midfield cope with the pressure and pace that Chelsea will bring.

Very happy with the overall performance (poor finishing aside) and it was probably the best and most balanced for a while.
It was only Saudi Sportswashing Machine though, it has to be said.

The rule is a load of bleep, we know. But Harry and co should really have put the game to bed long before that.

Good balance and gameplan overall imo, particularly given the fixture congestion.

It will be interesting to see how our defence and midfield cope with the pressure and pace that Chelsea will bring.
The Tuesday game to me is huge for Chelsea considering their weekend performance
They were outplayed by Brighton and pool too so frank needs to show some kind of resilience
I’d also say they look a really muddled side now but they have the benefit of an extra day off and no Thursday game to worry about so no excuses for them

That could be done and UEFA ban English teams from UEFA competitions for not following the rules and directives laid down by UEFA and FIFA.

Never going to happen. Each nation has different setups. Many don't use VAR at all. UEFA don't force countries to use var for example.

24 hours on and the sense of injustice is palpable. Its something of a perfect storm in this instance as two things have transpired against us - firstly we didn't win a game we objectively and subjectively deserved to win. Stats can mean something and nothing but the sheer number of shots on goal including Xg suggests that only one team should have gained the 3 points.

Secondly the nature of the crucial moment at the end of the game and interpretation of a new handball directive has gone against us - this is the second time in two games we've fallen foul of what nearly everyone is suggesting is an absolute farce of rule. Sadly, yesterday it provided a crucial turning point in the outcome of the game.

I guess we must be philosophical and reflect that it is very unusual that both of these factors work against us. I can only think of the Emirates Marketing Project away game at the start of last season when we really stole a point (2 shots - 2 goals) and they had the ignominy of having a late winning goal chalked off for an equally terrible handball directive (which has now been changed). There will of course be other examples but some days in football the stars are just aligned for you or against you.

It detracts from what was otherwise a largely very pleasing performance that definitely contained evidence of progress being made in terms of attacking play (against a doggedly and organised defensive unit). sure Dier should score the header and 9/10 Kane scores at least one of his 5 chances.

This week is a bit of a mess (and disgrace) in terms of the high volume of games we are playing so may need a few more games to judge whether we are on a upwards trajectory at last . Hopefully the players will be able to take the positives from the game and perhaps even use the siege mentality to our advantage too.

Never going to happen. Each nation has different setups. Many don't use VAR at all. UEFA don't force countries to use var for example.
Every nation has to follow the FIFA and UEFA directives, or more correctly IFAB directives, over the laws of the game. You can't pick and choose which laws you like.
UEFA has taken control of how VAR is implemented for all member countries.

The schedule is stupid and broke.

I agree the schedule is ridiculous and you know who is to blame? The millions who subscribe to cable companies who demand football 24 hours a day 365 days a year. On this site most were calling to start football as soon as possible without any care of how it could be done. Nobody was interested in playing less games or scrapping a competition for a temporary time or less Internationals, it's all about money and I want.

Every nation has to follow the FIFA and UEFA directives, or more correctly IFAB directives, over the laws of the game. You can't pick and choose which laws you like.
UEFA has taken control of how VAR is implemented for all member countries.

How is it that it was not used in Europa League games then? They do what they like as long as the big boys are ok and the money rolls in.

I agree the schedule is ridiculous and you know who is to blame? The millions who subscribe to cable companies who demand football 24 hours a day 365 days a year. On this site most were calling to start football as soon as possible without any care of how it could be done. Nobody was interested in playing less games or scrapping a competition for a temporary time or less Internationals, it's all about money and I want.

I bloody knew I’d get the blame:(

I bloody knew I’d get the blame:(

You and millions of others, I'm surprised that the geniuses in government haven't allowed crowds at football matches as long as they leave 15 minutes before the end as it will certainly work as well as closing pubs at 10pm.

You and millions of others, I'm surprised that the geniuses in government haven't allowed crowds at football matches as long as they leave 15 minutes before the end as it will certainly work as well as closing pubs at 10pm.

can you imagine Pool fans sticking to this, us southerners would only kick off if our Über turned up late?

TBF were the only place that isn’t slowing fans back in yet at the top end the stadiums are the best in the world
It’s all about one rule for all as it’s easy...

Back