• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT....Saudi Sportswashing Machine Rovers V Tottenham Hotspur.... OMT

TEAM NEWS
Saudi Sportswashing Machine defender Florian Lejeune has had surgery on the knee injury he suffered in pre season and will be a long-term absentee.

New signings Yoshinori Muto and Salomon Rondon are available for selection.

Tottenham boss Mauricio Pochettino has said he will decide after training on Friday which of his players who played at the World Cup will be available.

Juan Foyth, Erik Lamela, Victor Wanyama and Harry Winks are all absent because of injuries.

How’s about this then; 4-1-4-1

Lloris
Trippier Alderweireld Vertonghan Rose
. Dier
. Dele Eriksen
. Moura Son
. Kane

fudgein’ ave it!!!!

Centre backs don't press, so don't tire as much.
Dier, Dembele and Rose were used sparingly.
And Alli only played at 70% the whole tournament.

Kane just seemed more tired at the end, and we have less cover for him

Incredible. How do you come to that conclusion?

Not seeing Sissoko is any line ups, is he injured?

Seems like a high energy game today, I’d want him on the pitch.

Good point. Didn't he play in a diamond midfield (with back 3) near the start of last season, when Dembele was out? If Dele is not ready, we could see Eriksen and Sissoko ahead of Dier (I assume Dier will be able to play).

Always have to be excited about the first game of the season. Shame it’s not at home but if we can win it will set up the weekend and make following the rest of the games more enjoyable.

The back 4 or 5 will give us a clear indication on what the future holds for Toby and Rose. I hope they both get reintegrated as I’ve never had an issue with what they deliver on the pitch and at times in the past have been the best in the league in their positions, IMO of course.

Hoping for a ball player in midfield, whether it be Winks or Eriksen or Alli dropping deeper and Moura to start, the proverbial ‘new signing’.

I’m over the lack of transfer activity now, this squad with 3 or 4 first 11 players missing was good enough to come third without a proper home stadium last season, with Moura looking like a genuine addition compared to being bench warmer from January. I’m now looking at it as an advantage not be integrating anyone new as our strength is the coaching and system.

COYS

Find it hard to believe that we are going into the new season without any new players. After finishing in the top 3 for the last 3 seasons, our lack of ambition to make the step up is really disappointing. Our lack of squad depth stopped us from winning the league title for the last 3 seasons and it might affect us again this season. One positive thing is that we didn''t sell any of our key players including Alderweireld. Let's hope our all our key players will step up their game to help us to finish in the top 3 again this season. We won home and away against Saudi Sportswashing Machine last season. Hope we will beat them again in this match to start the new season in winning form.

With 9 players who got involved in the World Cup semi finals, including Kane, only returning to training this week, it is going to be a difficult match against Saudi Sportswashing Machine. Not sure how many of them will be fit enough to be involved in this match. But without any new signings, our options seems limited. And with Kane rarely turns up in August, we have to hope someone else like Eriksen, Son and Moura will inspire us in this match. Moura has been in good form in pre-season. Let's hope he will bring that form in to the new season as well. Lamela had a good pre-season as well but it will be disappointing if he is not fot to start this match.

Our midfield seem to be affected by injury and fitness problems. Wanyama still seems to be out injured while Dembele never seems to be fully match fit nowadays. With Dier only just returning from the World Cup, not sure who will be fit to start in midfield for us. I get the feeling Sissoko will be playing a big part in this match. Really don't want to see any inexperienced youngsters to start in midfield. Their lack of experience at highest level football will be a big problem for us. Regardless of who play in midfield, let's hope they will play to their true potential to help us win this match.

Our defence seems to well balanced nowadays. Good to see us keeping Alderweireld in our squad. Without doubt, Vertonghen and Alderweireld is our best defensive partnership. Still not fully convinced of Sanchez as he tends to make too many mistakes. I think Sanchez still needs more time to become as reliable as Alderweireld. Until then, Vertonghen and Alderweireld should be our first choice defenders. It will be great to see Lloris playing for us after just winning the World Cup as captain for France. Let;s hope Lloris can lift the entire team with his World Cup winning mood.

It is always difficult to play in the first match of the season, especially when it is an away match. It is more so for us with 9 key players just returning from World Cup duties. No doubt it is going to be a tense match for us. We need an early goal to help us settle down and then go for more goals to kill the game off. Let's hope we will turn up with the right team and mentality to start the new season in winning form.

Everybody dance now!

We need a good performance and result in this match lift our mood for the new season. Saudi Sportswashing Machine will make it a difficult match for us. We need all our players to lift their game. Let's hope we will do just enough to win our first match of the season.

I wonder if we might go back to 3 at the back like we started last season.

Id maybe go for something like

Hugo
Sanchez toby verts
Tripps Dier Eriksen Davies
Moura kane son

Back