• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT: Mighty Spurs vs Manureskjaer

Man of the match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This is an annoying defeat. This is the first time in 7 years that we have lost to ManU at home. And the Wembley curse have come back to affect us as this is the fourth league defeat of the season at Wembley and the second consecutive league defeat as well. More annoyingly, we have now lost 2 consecutive matches to ManU at Wembley. Remember we also lost the FA Cup semi final last season. We now have more reason to hate ManU as this defeat have virtually destroyed our chances to win the league title. And with the injury to Kane, we are going to face problem scoring goals until he returns.

Our failure to make use of our chances cost us this game as we had 11 goal scoring chances in the second half but all were direct at the goalie. We have this bad habit of making all our opponents' goalkeepers look like as superman by shooting direct at them. We were let down badly by poor finishing by all our attacking players. Kane really should have scored from his one-on-one chance in the second half. Kane had a few other chances to score but was not clinical enough. Similiarly Alli should have scored from his one-on-one chance in the second half as well. Alli always enjoys scoring in big matches but he didn't look like scoring in this match. Eriksen and Son had a poor match and were not involved in any notable action. I think Lamela should have started this match as he improved our attack after replacing Sissoko. Too bad Moura was out injured as he had scored 2 goals when we beat ManU 3-0 away earlier.

I think we lost this match in midfield. We were still competing well when Sissoko and Winks was playing together but gave away the goal as soon as Sissoko went out injured. It is annoying to think we have almost our entire midfield injured now, with Sissoko joining Dier, Wanyama and Dembele as injured midfielders. Winks had a golden chance to score our goal early in the game but wasted it badly. But can't really blame Winks for the miss as he is not known for his goals. Our attacking players like Kane and son should have been in that place to score the goal.

Our defence did well for most of the match. But it was a soft goal to concede which caused us this defeat. Trippier was largely at fault for giving away the ball that led us to concede the goal. But others like Vertonghen and Lloris should have done better as well. It was good to see Vertonghen coming back from injury but he looked a bit rusty. Vertonghen was too slow to react and should have tackled the ManU player from shooting at goal. Lloris too should have done better to safe the shot as well.

We really should move to our new stadium fast. Our Wembley curse seems to get worse every year. Remember, we were unbeaten in all league matches at WHL in 2017. Then we moved to Wembley and lost 2 league matches at home last season and have already lost 4 league matches there so far this season. our rivals seems to lift their game against us at Wembley. Find it hard to accept losing our 6 year unbeaten run at home against ManU, even if 5 of them were at WHL. We did well to beat ManU at Wembley last season but have annoyingly lost to them this season. We badly need to get back to winning form fast if we want to stay in the top 4 race.

Masterful bit of tactical analysis there, identifying something that goddamn Stevie Wonder could have.
It’s the best thing that can happen for the Prem really, let the press fawn over him and build the hype. Hopefully he’ll get the job and then they’ll “revert to mean” and start getting the points their performances deserve. They’re in the same moment as Arsenal were with their unbeaten run papering over poor and lucky performances.

Ben Davies is not Spurs weak point. That is utter hogwash.
Maybe not him as an individual, more likely Ole identified the full back areas as our weak point. Carragher did a piece on MNF about how the gap between Verts and Davies was constantly too big. It was a massive contributor to the goal, and other chances Utd had....

It's almost a week later and I still can't believe we didn't trounce them.

My young fella put on the highlights this morning and I groaned but I said I’d watch through to see if we were as dominant as I thought we were watching it live.

We were.

My young fella put on the highlights this morning and I groaned but I said I’d watch through to see if we were as dominant as I thought we were watching it live.

We were.
How did we get on second time? Hopefully converted one of those chances!!

How did we get on second time? Hopefully converted one of those chances!!

I was convinced this morning we would but alas no. There’s no delusion quite so severe as that of a Spurs fan.

Thing is, if we scored one, I reckon we’d have battered them...or maybe that’s the delusion speaking.

Back