• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***OMT: Mighty Spurs vs Manure***

We need better defenders.
Too static, need better players who know when to break a line and go one on one.
Not Dier sorry.

Sent from my SM-T865 using Fapatalk

I didn’t watch the game, nor have I seen any highlights nor read any match reports as yet. I have skimmed this OMT from around their second goal.
Same here. Sunday Times said it was pretty even and that both teams attacked well, with Ronaldo the difference. I was quite encouraged after reading their match report. Roll on the Spammers....

I didn’t watch the game, nor have I seen any highlights nor read any match reports as yet. I have skimmed this OMT from around their second goal.
Same here. Sunday Times said it was pretty even and that both teams attacked well, with Ronaldo the difference. I was quite encouraged after reading their match report. Roll on the Spammers....

I’m going to point it out again in what is a hopefully productive manner, the quote button isn’t working as it is meant to with your posts as far as i can tell.

The quoted post is in italics, rather than being attributed to the poster you’ve quoted, so they won’t be notified when you quote them and it’s not clear who has said what. It’s confusing (almost as confusing as why this bothers me so much!). Unless you’re posting on a typewriter I’m perplexed as to why your posts appear this way but happy to be corrected.

I'm still sick to my stomach, not only by the defeat, but that that cvnt scored all 3 of their goals. I mean, they scored 3 off 0.92 xG ffs. And supposedly they put in a great performance after the City defeat. fudge off, seriously.

I'm still sick to my stomach, not only by the defeat, but that that cvnt scored all 3 of their goals. I mean, they scored 3 off 0.92 xG ffs. And supposedly they put in a great performance after the City defeat. fudge off, seriously.

When I saw his name on the team sheet yesterday, I was quietly pleased. Shows what the fudge I know.

You need to click the "Reply" button, when replying. Then the other person's comments will be quoted.

Don’t be too encouraged. We displayed the same failings we have for at least three seasons now. Utd are very average and we failed to take even a point.

Doherty was brick în the first half of the season. Royal's reserve and a laughing stock when he came in. Elsewhere, on other forums, people were dying to get rid of him for the smallest amount, I still am. Now I don't think Adama was the best solution, but I can see why they wanted to drop Doherty so bad.
Yes Doherty was poor in the first half of the season, that has absolutely nothing to do with his performance on Saturday though. I prefer to judge a player on his performance in the actual game played as opposed to judging them on past performances. Do I want a better RWB?…. Absolutely, but that doesn’t mean Doherty had a bad game on Saturday and he certainly wasn’t a main reason that we dropped a point or 3.

Last edited:
Don’t be too encouraged. We displayed the same failings we have for at least three seasons now. Utd are very average and we failed to take even a point.
Man Utd are the 4th, 5th or 6th best team in the division, though the 2nd or 3rd best resourced. They are likely to obtain a PL finish that is commensurate with their 4th to 6th quality but below their 2nd/3rd best resources. We are the 5th/6th/7th best team in the division and the 6th best resourced. We are likely to achieve a PL finish that is commensurate with both.

Man Utd aren’t a brilliant team…. Neither are we. We are a work in progress, with a very thin squad that requires at least 3 first team players and (at least) another 3 for the squad to be able to have a reasonable chance of a top 4 finish.

I tend to share the viewpoint you have but I think the past few weeks have been positive from a bigger picture POV

We are clearly seeing Conte has a plan in formation and the players he wants rid off and the players he can trust and where we need improvement.

Depending on Levy etc putting these plans into play and backing him - I’m optimistic for next season.

I tend to share the viewpoint you have but I think the past few weeks have been positive from a bigger picture POV

We are clearly seeing Conte has a plan in formation and the players he wants rid off and the players he can trust and where we need improvement.

Depending on Levy etc putting these plans into play and backing him - I’m optimistic for next season.
Agree, and whilst our squad needs improvements all over the pitch adding a couple of quality wingbacks would make a huge difference to this team. You can see how Conte ball will work and work very well if we can get the right singings in the summer….

As I said at the time (and have continued to say since) selling walker was a monumental error. He was tapped up by pep and they used the ploy of him telling poch mid season he wanted to leave. Poch should have doubled down and told him he’s not leaving under any circumstances. Instead he fell for it hook, line and sinker by taking it personally and wanting him out.

As someone else said his physical attributes make him the player he is and he is a monster of a rb/rwb for it. Well into his thirties now and still going strong, whilst we have spent well over what we got from him on imposters like aurier and emerson to name just two.

Modric was also sold on the cheap at £33m. I know prices have inflated massively since he left us, but even back then it should have been around £55m. To think the little genius is still producing the goods week in week out at 36 is mind boggling!

The Walker situation is (I believe) why City have not succeeded in subsequent tap-ups of our players.

Modders? We did well to repel Mamic's attempts to force his move for a season. Yes, I agree they should've paid more but we were forced into a corner at that time. He remains the single player above all we have never got close to replacing; I occasionally allow myself to imagine him in the Poch Spurs...then I stop because it does my health no good!

Yes Doherty was poor in the first half of the season, that has absolutely nothing to do with his performance on Saturday though. I prefer to judge a player on his performance in the actual game played as opposed to judging them on past performances. Do I want a better RWB?…. Absolutely, but that doesn’t mean Doherty had a bad game on Saturday and he certainly wasn’t a main reason that we dropped a point or 3.

He will sadly be a convenient spacegoat. I personally think it is a shame. Right now certain players are targets.

I think the main reason we lost Saturday was that our star men did not take the game and their star man decided he wanted it. Both Kane and Sonny had opportunities early doors for the sorts of strikes they routinely at least work the keeper with, yet both literally passed the moment on. The FIRST sniff of frame Ronaldo got, he took. The second ended up in the top left. Despite the sloppiness (on both sides) we did enough to expect our star men to conjure. I love Harry, he is a fantastic player, but sometimes you have to accept why he has not won anything versus a Ronaldo. At 2-2 the game was there for us to win. I wanted Harry to force the issue somewhere, somehow. Instead, Ronaldo decided to barge through both Romero and Doherty and make that header look like a tap in. As gutted and appalled as I was by his roostersure celebration, hats off, that is someone who wins big games solo.

p.s. message to Daniel. How many more times??? Imagine if we had Diaz to bring on yesterday...

As I said at the time (and have continued to say since) selling walker was a monumental error. He was tapped up by pep and they used the ploy of him telling poch mid season he wanted to leave. Poch should have doubled down and told him he’s not leaving under any circumstances. Instead he fell for it hook, line and sinker by taking it personally and wanting him out.

As someone else said his physical attributes make him the player he is and he is a monster of a rb/rwb for it. Well into his thirties now and still going strong, whilst we have spent well over what we got from him on imposters like aurier and emerson to name just two.

Modric was also sold on the cheap at £33m. I know prices have inflated massively since he left us, but even back then it should have been around £55m. To think the little genius is still producing the goods week in week out at 36 is mind boggling!

Definitely, I thought walker would slow down a bit in his 30's but no signs so far. I remember an interview with Pep where he said he was working on some stuff so that when his pace went he'd still be at the top level. He's done that and he's kept his pace. 50m seemed a good deal at the time but hindsight shows replacing key players is so hard, we're especially bad at it.

The problem is that we will sell £50m of player and try to replace him with a £12-15m signing player that ‘might’ be ok, as well as signing another couple who ‘might’ be ok with the rest of the fee that we want to spend. We do not frequently make premium signings, particularly going back to the time at which Walker was sold.
If we want to replace, we ought to be looking at players that cost £30m+ that are premium options and that are established and proven elsewhere.
When we have spent out, unfortunately we have most failed. Our top few most expensive signings have not played to that level. So we have issues not only with transfer funds allocation, but in identifying the right players to bring us forward. And with our limited funds, we cannot afford the signing to not be the ‘right’ one. Thankfully our last transfer window saw the arrival of both Kulusevski and Bentancur which has been the best business of recent times. I only hope that we can continue to make signings of that level.

He will sadly be a convenient spacegoat. I personally think it is a shame. Right now certain players are targets.

I think the main reason we lost Saturday was that our star men did not take the game and their star man decided he wanted it. Both Kane and Sonny had opportunities early doors for the sorts of strikes they routinely at least work the keeper with, yet both literally passed the moment on. The FIRST sniff of frame Ronaldo got, he took. The second ended up in the top left. Despite the sloppiness (on both sides) we did enough to expect our star men to conjure. I love Harry, he is a fantastic player, but sometimes you have to accept why he has not won anything versus a Ronaldo. At 2-2 the game was there for us to win. I wanted Harry to force the issue somewhere, somehow. Instead, Ronaldo decided to barge through both Romero and Doherty and make that header look like a tap in. As gutted and appalled as I was by his roostersure celebration, hats off, that is someone who wins big games solo.

p.s. message to Daniel. How many more times??? Imagine if we had Diaz to bring on yesterday...
I know some may (will?) call this premature but I definitely think we need to start succession planning for Son. ‘Planning’ being the key word here, it’s not about replacing him immediately. But, he’ll turn 30 this summer.

It’s maybe not the priority for this summer, but should the opportunity arise to bring in his long term replacement, I think that would be helpful.

Say what you like about Liverpool, but their succession planning for players in key positions is spot on. Diaz, Jota, Konate. All brought in at good ages at the right time of the cycle. We could learn a lot from them.

The problem is that we will sell £50m of player and try to replace him with a £12-15m signing player that ‘might’ be ok, as well as signing another couple who ‘might’ be ok with the rest of the fee that we want to spend. We do not frequently make premium signings, particularly going back to the time at which Walker was sold.
If we want to replace, we ought to be looking at players that cost £30m+ that are premium options and that are established and proven elsewhere.
When we have spent out, unfortunately we have most failed. Our top few most expensive signings have not played to that level. So we have issues not only with transfer funds allocation, but in identifying the right players to bring us forward. And with our limited funds, we cannot afford the signing to not be the ‘right’ one. Thankfully our last transfer window saw the arrival of both Kulusevski and Bentancur which has been the best business of recent times. I only hope that we can continue to make signings of that level.

Are you contradicting yourself there?
Replacing a £50m rb with a £12m who is inferior, but our big money buys are flops?
Cost isn't always an indicator of quality or value, Eriksen was £12m, NDombele £50 odd m.
Its not as easy as saying buy expensive, thise players are better.

I know some may (will?) call this premature but I definitely think we need to start succession planning for Son. ‘Planning’ being the key word here, it’s not about replacing him immediately. But, he’ll turn 30 this summer.

It’s maybe not the priority for this summer, but should the opportunity arise to bring in his long term replacement, I think that would be helpful.

Say what you like about Liverpool, but their succession planning for players in key positions is spot on. Diaz, Jota, Konate. All brought in at good ages at the right time of the cycle. We could learn a lot from them.

Also helps keep the squad focused, standards and we have a ready made replacement.

Back