• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT: Mighty Spurs vs Emirates Marketing Project

Fair enough. I don’t think Dier is good on the ball in any sense. We were at our best with Wanyama and Dembele in midfield but sadly Dembele looks like a shadow of the player he used to be.
I disagree with you here somewhat. I think that Dier is a good passer of the ball. He also has very good vision for a pass, being especially adept for a holding midfield/centre half at making long passes. The problem with Dier (IMO) is that he tends to need time on the ball in order to get the ball under control, look up and make the pass. That means he works very well against the weaker teams who aren't really looking to press us, but I think against the better teams his necessity for time on the ball is sometimes exposed.

I thought that Toby got himself into a decent covering position. Mahrez is Davies' player so it should really be him tracking that run.
Well he wasn't covering anybody. Davies was chasing Mahrez, but was never going to catch him. You see Toby pointing (without looking) to the position that would have covered Mahrez, but there was no one who could get there. If he'd looked round, he would have been able to step out and block Mahrez.

Rewatched the game last night and noticed that in the close-up replay of the build up to City's goal Sterling craftily elbows Trippier in the back just as he's going up for the header. Which might just explain why he misjudges it. For sure Trippier was completely shredded by Sterling after that but the sly nudge came first.

Second point, Sissoko had a good game overall but made no attempt to get back at any stage in the build up to that goal.

https://www.mancity.com/citytv/matc...v-man-city-premier-league-highlights-extended

From the above video link, at around the starting point 1:10 .. I cannot see a clear foul by Sterling but do acknowledge the possibility of a slight nudge....IMO it was disappointing from our point of view as it should've been Trippier who was doing the nudging - he went up for it rather meekly... Thereafter, his challenge in the penalty box against Sterling, again was meek and had panic written all over it. He should've held his ground and presented Sterling a problem to get past him. Instead, Sterling showed him the ball, Trippier was tempted and went for it, then Sterling nipped it past him and was away. Sterling was in charge of the whole situation from start to finish.

As for Sissoko not tracking back ..I agree with you he didn't track back - he were too far up the pitch and unable to get back in time to affect play...Emirates Marketing Project's goalkeeper has an amazing accurate kick on him, one of the best I've ever seen from a goalie and they caught us out a few times by using his kicking skills whenever our forwards pressed them from playing out from the back.. Pep it would seem goes long too.

I also think Toby and Sanchez could've been in line with Tripper in dealing with the long ball Sanchez especially should've done more to help Tripper - watch the distance between Sanchez at the point of Trippier's header and when Sterling goes past Trippier, it actually opens up!.. Also as @Finney Is Back writes in his post #742...Davies should've been tracking Mahrez so I guess there's blame to be shared around.

https://www.mancity.com/citytv/matc...v-man-city-premier-league-highlights-extended

From the above video link, at around the starting point 1:10 .. I cannot see a clear foul by Sterling but do acknowledge the possibility of a slight nudge....IMO it was disappointing from our point of view as it should've been Trippier who was doing the nudging - he went up for it rather meekly... Thereafter, his challenge in the penalty box against Sterling, again was meek and had panic written all over it. He should've held his ground and presented Sterling a problem to get past him. Instead, Sterling showed him the ball, Trippier was tempted and went for it, then Sterling nipped it past him and was away. Sterling was in charge of the whole situation from start to finish.

As for Sissoko not tracking back ..I agree with you he didn't track back - he were too far up the pitch and unable to get back in time to affect play...Emirates Marketing Project's goalkeeper has an amazing accurate kick on him, one of the best I've ever seen from a goalie and they caught us out a few times by using his kicking skills whenever our forwards pressed them from playing out from the back.. Pep it would seem goes long too.

I also think Toby and Sanchez could've been in line with Tripper in dealing with the long ball Sanchez especially should've done more to help Tripper - watch the distance between Sanchez at the point of Trippier's header and when Sterling goes past Trippier, it actually opens up!.. Also as @Finney Is Back writes in his post #742...Davies should've been tracking Mahrez so I guess there's blame to be shared around.
Agreed, Sanchez just jogs slowly back, no sense of danger, no SPRIIIIIINTING.

One final thought. Why has our long range shooting gone - or gone to pot? It was shocking against PSV (everything was high wide and not so handsome) and virtually everything was not on target again against City. Lamela's technique for his sitter was poor although the pitch didn't help. Funny how a dodgy pitch seemed to work against us. Ironic or just sexy?

But back to my main point - why can't we seem get our long range efforts on target?
Hopefully they find their inner Bale and blast in a couple of 25 yarders at the Emptihad!

A2EF8258-66D5-46FD-9C83-1518106270F2.png

Back