• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT: Mighty Spurs vs Emirates Marketing Project

Winks looked great, I wanna see him running things in the centre. A couple of good signings in January and we’ll get fourth place, no signings and I fear fifth is the best we can hope for.

I see it all the time but as I’ve said people can be wrong, myself included

I’ve looked back and it’s @Spurs7891 who made the negative comment Dier conceding the free kick yesterday... he was making up for someone else’s error again... do we slate a defensive midfielder for defending

He is there to be a sensible defensive shield and he needs a passer with him to be that pivot. It’s why him and winks works well

It’s why Kovacic and Jorginho look good at Chelsea as they have Kante winning the ball for them
When its that frequently commented on and it being specific incidents - not just a generic 'He gave the ball away a lot today' but more 'Why did Dier just give the ball away there' type comments I don't think its wrong, and ive seen him do it enough with my own eyes - he has been sloppy with his passes a lot.

As for yesterdays incident that was no way Diers fault, Lloris was the sloppy one and Id never criticise Dier for his fouling anyway as I appreciate how he gets around the pitch doing a lot of the 'donkey work'.

I do like him but do think he is one we could upgrade on - I agree would like to see him play with Winks more once Winks is fully up to speed again.....

yeah, I'm ragging on him, I think a lot of our problems stem from his current nervousness, it reminds me of spells by Walker, Sullivan, Gomes, Robinson, it only tends to go one way

Do you have a season ticket just behind the goal, by any chance? Might as well rule that out as a factor, before we get into questions about traumatic childhood goalkeeping incidents.

Winks looked great, I wanna see him running things in the centre. A couple of good signings in January and we’ll get fourth place, no signings and I fear fifth is the best we can hope for.

I think we will get top 4 personally and i wouldn’t be surprised to see top 3

Chelsea are playing very well and city have another gear

Pool will have a bad spell I’m sure but there will be up there

Arsenal won’t keep up scoring 20% or their shots

An exciting January signing would be a nice surprise. That signing having an immediate impact would then come as a further unexpected bonus. They tend not to.

First half of the season, WC hang over, lack of transfer activity, stadium delays, dealing with fatigue and injury all lead to a certain negative vibe around the club.

January comes, new stadium fan fare, a high class signing - that whole vibe could become a positive wave we can ride through the season.

Could make for very interesting times!

Though of course you are right, new signings (not just Jan) dont tend to hit the ground running with us.

First half of the season, WC hang over, lack of transfer activity, stadium delays, dealing with fatigue and injury all lead to a certain negative vibe around the club.

January comes, new stadium fan fare, a high class signing - that whole vibe could become a positive wave we can ride through the season.

Could make for very interesting times!

Though of course you are right, new signings (not just Jan) dont tend to hit the ground running with us.
You're spurs through and through....

Sent from my SM-T819Y using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

So the Sissoko break away, Kane 1 on 1 (poor touch) and Lamela skying from 12 yards with only the keeper to beat only amounts to 0.37xG?

So the Sissoko break away, Kane 1 on 1 (poor touch) and Lamela skying from 12 yards with only the keeper to beat only amounts to 0.37xG?

XG just counts shots, so the Sissoko and Kane moments won't have been counted. Rightly so IMO for the Sissoko one - can't start counting failed crosses as good chances!

XG just counts shots, so the Sissoko and Kane moments won't have been counted. Rightly so IMO for the Sissoko one - can't start counting failed crosses as good chances!
So Kane’s shot from 25 yards that landed on the roof of the net will be classed as more of a goal scoring opportunity than sissoko’s break when we were 3 on 2 going in to their area?

I’ve no idea how you could start counting these sort of opportunities but it certainly puts limitations on what can be taken from xG though.

A soldier yes, but he really is in a different (and much poorer) class than the defensive midfielders of our rivals.

Really?

Kante is brilliant but isn’t a very good distributor
He is better than Matic, better than anyone at arsenal, not sure who pools defensive mid is TBH, and Fernandinho is very good

Back