• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT Mighty Spurs at the bindippers

Man of the match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I think that he identified that himself at the end of last season but our failure to move on players in the summer meant that he couldn't make the changes that he wanted.

It makes this summer even more important. We're left having to do two seasons rebuilding in one. It will be tough to do that and get the players settled for the new season.

Indeed, very true. He had detailed three to move, they didn’t and put simply it fudged us.

Being more rational, the slew of disadvantages we have suffered have been immense. But we are where we are.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

I think that it becomes a huge overhaul if we have to replace Eriksen and Alderweireld as well as strengthening in central midfield and fullbacks. Five or six new arrivals and replacing our playmaker and one of our two most experienced CBs, is a big undertaking.

I agree, it has now become a large overhaul because of the lack of activity 1 player in 3 windows.

You could make an argument for a large number of the squad being moved on/upgraded.

I agree, it has now become a large overhaul because of the lack of activity 1 player in 3 windows.

You could make an argument for a large number of the squad being moved on/upgraded.

But this is a team and squad that’s top 4 and CL quarter finals so far... so you could argue the opposite, epscaillh if we’re only talking about losing 2 players good enough for it

I’m sure Poch has his priorities and that will be the focus

But this is a team and squad that’s top 4 and CL quarter finals so far... so you could argue the opposite, epscaillh if we’re only talking about losing 2 players good enough for it

I’m sure Poch has his priorities and that will be the focus

Top 4 last year - Best case we finish top 4 and the gap has narrowed to the teams behind us.

Is that not half the problem, the squad has gone backwards for a number of reasons - form/aging/relying on lesser players.

Watchibg MOTD, second goal, Kane clears out to pool player, Eriksen closes him down and yet again makes no attempt to block the pass.

Watchibg MOTD, second goal, Kane clears out to pool player, Eriksen closes him down and yet again makes no attempt to block the pass.

Kane's header was a fine defensive effort. Cleared the lines well.

Our problem was Trippier then racing from left side over to the right, leaving Salah unmarked. And Rose dropping back to left playing them all onside.

Eriksen should do better but I've given up expecting any effort from him of late. He's nothing short of pathetic when it comes to fighting for a ball.

And then there's Hugo at the end.

It was a shambles all round.

IMO Levy will not allow another large overhaul as its too unsettling for the squad.
He will move some on and maybe get 1 or 2 in.
But nothing major. Nothing to do with money.

This is a very disappointing defeat but not really surprised. This match shows that we really should write off all our away matches against the top 6 teams because we don't look like improving on it even when we work hard. We started poorly but played well in the second half while Liverpool were poor but we still ended up losing with yet another late goal. We had enough chances to win this match but again we wasted all our goal scoring chances. It was annoying the way Sissoko wasted the 2-on-one chance in the second half. I think we could have won this match had Sissoko scored. Instead we are now winless in 5 league matches and that will affect our top 4 chance.

Credit to Moura for our only goal and Eriksen for assisting it. But we should have scored more than that. Kane really should have done better with his chance earlier and Eriksen too should have scored from the rebound. Alli too should have scored with his chance in the second half. Son didn't have much time to make an impact after coming on but Sissoko should have passed to him when we had that 2-on-one chance in the second half. Not sure why Lamale was not involved in this match but we really missed him. Remember, it was Lamela who won us the late penalty when we drew 2-2 at Liverpool last season.

Our midfield had a mixed match. We started poorly in the first half but improved in the second half. Sissoko really should have won us this game when he had that chance. He really should have passed to Son instead of shooting at goal and wasting the chance. For all his hard work, finishing has been Sissoko's main weakness and this match proves it yet again. Felt Wanyama should have been involved in this match for how he inspired us with a great goal when we drew 2-2 with Liverpool last season.

Our defence badly let us down in this match. Both the goals we conceded could have been easily avoided if our defence had been more alert. Lloris has to take large part of the blame for both the goals. For the first goal, it was Lloris' bad goal kick which helped them to go on to score. But our defence especially Sanchez should have been more alert to stop the cross. For the second goal, Lloris should have saved it comfortably but instead his weak save rebounded off Alderweireld into goal. Maybe Alderweireld should have been more alert to clear it as the ball went into goal in slow-motion.

This is typical Spurs. Our excellent away form have been saving us when we were struggling at Wembley. But just when we are ready to move into our new stadium, our away form have become shyte instead. We have now lost 6 consecutive away matches in domestic football, 4 in the league and 1 each in League Cup and FA Cup. Our bad away form seems to have started since we lost the League Cup semi final 2nd leg at Chelsea. And we are now winless in 5 matches since Kane returned from injury as well. Pochettino better do something to improve our form or we will struggle to finish in top 4 this season.

Just saw Sissoko’s miss again. It was much worse than I remembered it. He had a good game but that was bloody shocking.

Kane's header was a fine defensive effort. Cleared the lines well.

Our problem was Trippier then racing from left side over to the right, leaving Salah unmarked. And Rose dropping back to left playing them all onside.

Eriksen should do better but I've given up expecting any effort from him of late. He's nothing short of pathetic when it comes to fighting for a ball.

And then there's Hugo at the end.

It was a shambles all round.

It was everything teams who are solid don’t do: it was everything I thought we had progressed beyond.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

I was expecting defeat in this game today, I was just phucked off by it because we really could have won the game and certainly should not have lost it, but for some idiotic play at the end and bad finishing throughout.

HOWEVER

our next 5 league games:

palace (h)
huddersfield (h)
Emirates Marketing Project (a)
brighton (h)
west ham (h)

I think we saw enough positives in today's performance, coupled with our home results so far this season, to suggest we can get 4 out of 5 wins there. 12 points. That puts us on 73 points with 2 games to go.

Let's say the goons win tomorrow. After that, their next 5 games are:

everton (a)
watford (a)
palace (h)
wolves (a)
leicester (a)

Arsenal are terrible away from home. Win tomorrow puts them 2 ahead of us on 63 points. But from these 5 games, I'm gonna be generous and say they will win 1 of the away games, beat palace, 2 draws and 1 defeat. 8 additional points gives them 71 points with 2 games to go.

Utd, level on points with us currently. Next 5:

wolves (a)
west ham (h)
everton (a)
city (h)
chelsea (h)

I think they will beat w.ham and chelsea, draw with City and get 4 points from the 2 away games. And I think that's quite generous to be honest, they have been very lucky recently and could easily lose both those away games. But, being generous, I put them on 72 points with 2 games to go.

Chelsea -- 1 point behind us currently. Next 5:

brighton (h)
west ham (h)
liverpool (a)
burnley (h)
utd (a)

I give them 3 home wins and 2 away defeats, which would put them on 69 points. Maybe they could get a point at Utd, I don't see them getting anything at Anfield.

So, imo, it will look something like this, with 2 games to go:

Spurs 73 points, Utd 72 points, goons 71 points, Chelsea 69 points.

And then we go away to Bournemouth and finish at home to Everton. IMO, a win v Everton will end up being enough for top 4.

TL;DR -- win our home games and we will finish in the top 4.

Utd losing to Wolves and goons losing at Everton, things are already playing out even better than expected!

Back