• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT Mighty Spurs at the bindippers

Man of the match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I was expecting defeat in this game today, I was just phucked off by it because we really could have won the game and certainly should not have lost it, but for some idiotic play at the end and bad finishing throughout.

HOWEVER

our next 5 league games:

palace (h)
huddersfield (h)
Emirates Marketing Project (a)
brighton (h)
west ham (h)

I think we saw enough positives in today's performance, coupled with our home results so far this season, to suggest we can get 4 out of 5 wins there. 12 points. That puts us on 73 points with 2 games to go.

Let's say the goons win tomorrow. After that, their next 5 games are:

everton (a)
watford (a)
palace (h)
wolves (a)
leicester (a)

Arsenal are terrible away from home. Win tomorrow puts them 2 ahead of us on 63 points. But from these 5 games, I'm gonna be generous and say they will win 1 of the away games, beat palace, 2 draws and 1 defeat. 8 additional points gives them 71 points with 2 games to go.

Utd, level on points with us currently. Next 5:

wolves (a)
west ham (h)
everton (a)
city (h)
chelsea (h)

I think they will beat w.ham and chelsea, draw with City and get 4 points from the 2 away games. And I think that's quite generous to be honest, they have been very lucky recently and could easily lose both those away games. But, being generous, I put them on 72 points with 2 games to go.

Chelsea -- 1 point behind us currently. Next 5:

brighton (h)
west ham (h)
liverpool (a)
burnley (h)
utd (a)

I give them 3 home wins and 2 away defeats, which would put them on 69 points. Maybe they could get a point at Utd, I don't see them getting anything at Anfield.

So, imo, it will look something like this, with 2 games to go:

Spurs 73 points, Utd 72 points, goons 71 points, Chelsea 69 points.

And then we go away to Bournemouth and finish at home to Everton. IMO, a win v Everton will end up being enough for top 4.

TL;DR -- win our home games and we will finish in the top 4.

Arsenal are the sort of team that could go on a good run and be unbeaten. They always fudge us over so can’t see anything changing.

Utd are riding a wave and will finish 3rd.

We aren’t just going to win 5 games when we’ve just got 1 point in 15. We will win a couple a think we’ve done enough. Only to fudge again. New stadium is all well and good, however other teams will also love playing there. We aren’t used to it and nor are they. It’s not going to be a fortress just yet. We messed up vs Burnley and soton. We thought we could just turn up. This is what will happen again in the home games.

Arsenal are the sort of team that could go on a good run and be unbeaten. They always fudge us over so can’t see anything changing.

We aren’t just going to win 5 games when we’ve just got 1 point in 15. We will win a couple a think we’ve done enough. Only to fudge again. New stadium is all well and good, however other teams will also love playing there. We aren’t used to it and nor are they. It’s not going to be a fortress just yet. We messed up vs Burnley and soton. We thought we could just turn up. This is what will happen again in the home games.

That's where we come in. It's up to the fans to do their bit and make it as intimidating as possible. Levy has given us fans the tools to do so, it's up to use to use them

4) Poch has overachieved supremely and will rightly enjoy several more years, but he must now challenge himself on aspects of his own work; it might not always be enough to trust his players, he might need to move a couple on who keep on flubbing their lines.

I think that he identified that himself at the end of last season but our failure to move on players in the summer meant that he couldn't make the changes that he wanted.

It makes this summer even more important. We're left having to do two seasons rebuilding in one. It will be tough to do that and get the players settled for the new season.

Even that follow up to Kane's left footed shot which Alison palmed straight to Eriksen. Eriksen could have really made sure but pussied a half shot again which got bloked by Robertson. If Eriksen wants to play non contact football he should fudge off to Italy or France.

That’s harsh IMO. He went to smash it and was committed to doing it. Robertson just got in the way.

Being hyper critical, id say he should have feigned the shot, let Robertson commit himself and roll it in. However, it’s easy to say that in hindsight, at the time I just wanted him to smash it.

He is playing terrible though.

If Levy is offering Grealish and Poch doesn’t rate him, what does he do?

Pochs judgement on players has not been backed and it could cost us CL football. Then the decision not to spend an additional 40-50mill will look penny wise pound foolish.

Levy would not have spent the summer chasing him if Mopo didnt want him

We aren’t just going to win 5 games when we’ve just got 1 point in 15
. We will win a couple a think we’ve done enough. Only to fudge again. New stadium is all well and good, however other teams will also love playing there. We aren’t used to it and nor are they. It’s not going to be a fortress just yet. We messed up vs Burnley and soton. We thought we could just turn up. This is what will happen again in the home games.

Why not? We ain't going to keep losing are we, not like we can't win a game again, same as when we win 4 on the bounce it doesn't mean we'll win every other game. Form changes, I think we played pretty well at Anfield and deserved something from the game (unlike the Burnley and Southampton games where we got what we deserved, phuck all).

Keep the faith, it's in our hands and we are plenty good enough to get the points we need.

Levy would not have spent the summer chasing him if Mopo didnt want him

To be honest, I wasn’t specifically talking about Grealish. It was more a case of “if Levy offers Poch a player he doesn’t fancy, what does he do?”

Taking what you say to be true, you’ve highlighted part of the problem. Poch wanted a player and Levy lowballed Villa on the price. Other clubs get these deals done fairly quickly. Levy is great but his determination to get the best possible deal sometimes hurts us.

And the relevance of that to my post?

I was replying to a comment about imagine arsenal in that situation...

We attacked well today but really should have got at least one more goal

Thanks Bedford..Ive probably read your post wrong.. I was saying if arse had our players they would have had that killer punch..
were not sexy for nothing...we still don,t believe enough as a club, its like a culture that must change. We do not have so much
fear of losing in Europe and that positive mindset as I have said time and time again is missing in the Prem in the big games and that's where I,m coming from.

Leicester have apparently just lost their head of recruitment. If he has been at their club for some time, we need to snap him up asap.

Leicester have apparently just lost their head of recruitment. If he has been at their club for some time, we need to snap him up asap.

Not sure he’s been there that long. Didn’t the fella who found Mahrez , Vardy and Kante move to Everton some time back.

Anyway, head of recruitment at Spurs has got to be the easiest job in the world right now. Reckon I could do it.

Not sure he’s been there that long. Didn’t the fella who found Mahrez , Vardy and Kante move to Everton some time back.

Anyway, head of recruitment at Spurs has got to be the easiest job in the world right now. Reckon I could do it.

Yeah Steve Walsh
Lasted a year at Everton

Back