• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT Mighty Spurs at Goodison

Man of the match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I think Pickford is one stud short of a boot. He came across as a bit of a mouth breather in his WC interviews and some of his in-game decision making since has been idiotic.
Didn't he make some ambitious/optimistic comments regarding Alisson and himself?

Really enjoyed this win. It was great to get our biggest win of the season. But we cannot get carried away as this is against Everton. Everton have always been our "friendly club" and a Spurs "territory" ! Moyes changed it for a while but the normal service resumed after he left Everton. Remember we beat them 3-0 away and 4-0 home last season. So thrashing Everton is like thrashing Spurs Reserves ! We dominated the match and were comfortable from start to finish. Even when we were trailing 0-1, always felt confident we would come back to win. In fact, we really should have scored more goals and surpass our record 9-1 win over Wigan in 2010. The only disappointing thing about this win was we conceded the 2 goals !

Credit to Son, Kane, Alli and Eriksen for the goals. Son's first goal was brilliant as he scored from almost an impossible angle but his second goal was more satisfying as he scored from one-on-one chance which he normally wastes. Apart from the goals, Son did well to assist our 6th goal for Kane as well. Kane badly needed those 2 goals after not scoring in 4 matches. Both his goals were poachers' goal as he was at the right place and time to score the goals. Amazingly, Kane has now scored 2 goals against Everton for the 4th consecutive match. This means Kane becomes only the second player in PL history to score 2 goals in 4 consecutive matches against the same team. Alli too did well to score his long range goal. I think our best goal was scored by Eriksen. It was brilliant the way he adjusted his body to strike the volley into goal. Good to see all our attacking players scoring but it would have been more sweet if Lamela and Moura had scored after coming on as well. But Lamela did assist the goal for Son with an inch perfect pass.

Our midfield had a mixed match. Our midfield were not really tested by Everton and played well for most of the match but still made too many unforced errors. Winks and Sissoko didn't really need to work hard to control the midfield. Thought Sissoko had a good game but he was still poor with his finishing. Thought Winks had a poor match as he made too many mistakes. He was partly at fault for their first goal when he completely missed the header from which they went on to score.

After keeping the clean sheet in our last 2 league matches, it is disappointing for our defence to concede 2 goals in this match. Our entire defence went to sleep on both goals. Sanchez was partly at fault for the first goal as his clearance went straight to Everton from which they went on to score. Winks too completely missed the header while Trippier should have tackled the cross from which they scored. Our defence went to sleep as Sigurdson dribbled past all our players to score their second goal. Felt Lloris could have done better on both the goals as well. Still not fully convinced of Sanchez in defence as he seems to make our defence error-prone whenever he is playing. Wish Vertonghen will return soon. Due credit to Trippier for his brilliant freekick which hit the post from which Kane scored the rebound for our third goal. Wish we can score direct from freekicks though.

This is the first time we have scored more than 3 goals in any matches this season. To score 6 goals away is an excellent record even if it is against Everton who we always beat. This win would have been more enjoyable if we had score more goals and kept the clean sheet. At least this win shows we can score more goals if we try hard. This win has now put us just 2 points behind second-placed Emirates Marketing Project. Let's hope we will go on a long winning run to put pressure on Liverspool in the league title race.

Didn't he make some ambitious/optimistic comments regarding Alisson and himself?

It’s a risk – if it comes off it looks good. But if it doesn’t… It’s a style of play and I think that’s the way Liverpool want to play as well.

Mistakes will happen and it’s about not making the next one. I’m going to try not to put myself in that position to make those mistakes.

This is what is wrong with football. Incidents like the Pickford tackle can’t be retrospectively actioned as the ref saw the incident. This is the type of thing VAR should be used for, if only we introduced it to the PL.

Not to mention Brighton had a player sent off against Bournemouth for mistaken identity.

This is what is wrong with football. Incidents like the Pickford tackle can’t be retrospectively actioned as the ref saw the incident. This is the type of thing VAR should be used for, if only we introduced it to the PL.

Not to mention Brighton had a player sent off against Bournemouth for mistaken identity.

VAR will move us forward.

I believe it does Unless it’s violent conduct or abuse type infringements - you can be sent off in the tunnel for fighting for example

I don’t believe (happy to be corrected) you can get sent off for a foul when the game is technically dead
Wrong, you can be sent off before the game or after the game, even in the pub after the game.

The Times podcast has a Martin Tyler hour special on this week, where he takes time out to speak at length about how great he is.

Belated Xmas gift from me. Don’t say I never give you all anything....

The Times podcast has a Martin Tyler hour special on this week, where he takes time out to speak at length about how great he is.

Belated Xmas gift from me. Don’t say I never give you all anything....
You're so kind but you really shouldn't have. But pardon me, feeling a bit nauseus all of a sudden, may have to give that one a miss.

Back