• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT Mighty Spurs at Goodison

Man of the match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Lamela had a shocker today, gave the ball away at one point, he’s never done that before and I’ll be surprised if I ever see it again.
More than once, unfortunately. He is far better when he moves the ball on quickly, which was a failing in his game I thought he had rectified. In saying that he still had a meaningful impact on this game. But as we say on here, perfection or death.
(well we should say that)

Also, Ibra is wondering why you are not returning his calls.

Last edited:
Great match and great performance.

Three very winnable games in the next few days as well so let's hope we keep on winning! Well deserved after some of the media storm we've had to deal with over the past few weeks.

Ref had blown up so technically the game had stopped.

Would that stop Pickford getting booked? Genuine question as I don't know the rule. Seems odd if it would seeing as if Dele had turned round and reacted by clumping Pickford then Dele would have got a red, whether or not the game had stopped.

Would that stop Pickford getting booked? Genuine question as I don't know the rule. Seems odd if it would seeing as if Dele had turned round and reacted by clumping Pickford then Dele would have got a red, whether or not the game had stopped.

I believe it does Unless it’s violent conduct or abuse type infringements - you can be sent off in the tunnel for fighting for example

I don’t believe (happy to be corrected) you can get sent off for a foul when the game is technically dead

No. Doesn't matter if the game has stopped. He should've at least been booked for that tackle. Imagine the ball going out for a throw, you can't just jump into anyone just because the game is temporarily stopped. Lots of players have been sent off while the game has been temporarily stopped for various incidents. And as you say, had dele reacted and stepped on pickford or done anything to him, he'd been sent off. I guess the ref didn't do anything because dele was flagged offside but continued the attack. He should've though!

I don’t believe (happy to be corrected) you can get sent off for a foul when the game is technically dead

You can. Seen it happen a handful of times. Imagine if you couldn't, then just shoot the ball into row z and have wanyama clobber hazard with a two footed tackle. Can't do that. :)

No. Doesn't matter if the game has stopped. He should've at least been booked for that tackle. Imagine the ball going out for a throw, you can't just jump into anyone just because the game is temporarily stopped. Lots of players have been sent off while the game has been temporarily stopped for various incidents. And as you say, had dele reacted and stepped on pickford or done anything to him, he'd been sent off. I guess the ref didn't do anything because dele was flagged offside but continued the attack. He should've though!

That’s the bit I’m not clear on and I just looked at the rules

If you jump into someone as you say you would be sent off for violent conduct

That wasn’t violent conduct, it was a tinkle poor tackle

I believe it does Unless it’s violent conduct or abuse type infringements - you can be sent off in the tunnel for fighting for example

I think you can, the ref is able to punish offences at any point after the pre match inspection and before he leaves the field of play.

http://www.thefa.com/football-rules.../football-11-11/law-12---fouls-and-misconduct

No disclaimers about types of offence.

Back