• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT Mighty Spurs at Goodison

Man of the match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Great performance. 3rd at Christmas with a 5 Point cushion on 4th. Yet I still hear comments from pundits that we’ll struggle because of our lack of transfers in the summer. The misconception that you have to buy to improve in football is ridiculous.

Regarding that point and our squad we have done well recently with the injuries to midfield and defence. Would be interesting to know how many games our players have missed this season due to injury compared to the rest of the league.

Son for MotM. 2 goals and two assists. No brainier. Some other great performances. Sissoko was special. Easier to say who was slightly below par. Trippier and Lamela were not at their best.

Hahahaha, he said that!? Jesus fudge! That is just the, damn, I lack words. How can one of the most respected commentators in English football get away with flimflam like that? He's been repeating it ad infinitum for years now, but once united come calling its not important? fudging hell. Show some fudging integrity at least, you fudging imbecile. Such a fudging clam, that guy. Get him off the fudging screen, what a loon.

Having said that. Who fudging cares. 6-2. It'll be a good Xmas dinner tomorrow. :D well done lads, well done poch. You're spurs, and you know you are.

This was actually totally jarring during the game. At first I was like ‘finally! Someone giving Poch the credit he deserves rather than taking him and us down’ but then it quickly dawned on me as to what exactly was happening.

It would be great if someone could make a video of Tyler’s ‘you don’t need a trophy’ comment today alongside all of the times he’s said ‘you really need a trophy to be considered a top manager’ just to lay bare that Sky are going outside the realms of what is reasonable here. They are not just commenting on speculation or reporting the news, they are deliberately shifting their ‘line’ in order to fuel more speculation and blatantly disrespect a club and a Manager. It really should be shown up.

Son for MotM. 2 goals and two assists. No brainier. Some other great performances. Sissoko was special. Easier to say who was slightly below par. Trippier and Lamela were not at their best.

Agree Sissoko was an absolute beast, he was everywhere. So many interceptions.

I think you're harsh on Lamela though, laid on a great assist for Son and only played a half. Thought he looked threatening on the ball.

Kane could have had 4 on another day.

Having said all that I think Eriksen was man of the match. He ran the show and I'm loving him playing the slightly deeper 'Modric' style role. He's got it in his locker.

Kane was a close second, he's looking back to somewhere near his best. Constant threat, dropping deep and fresh legs, running at defenders again. As I said he could have had a hatful on another day.

Brilliant that it all seems to be coming together at the right time.. The strength of our squad is being underlined. Hopefully it's a clear demonstration that continuity is usually a good thing, doubt the media will ever give us that though.

I'm sure after the final whistle Martin Tyler said that "the win puts Spurs third ahead of Chelsea who lost yesterday"

Implying that we had scraped ahead of them because they messed up.

This guy needs sacking. Sacked in the morning.

He's gone beyond Goon partisanship and firmly into WUM tw@ttery.

Great performance. 3rd at Christmas with a 5 Point cushion on 4th. Yet I still hear comments from pundits that we’ll struggle because of our lack of transfers in the summer. The misconception that you have to buy to improve in football is ridiculous.

Regarding that point and our squad we have done well recently with the injuries to midfield and defence. Would be interesting to know how many games our players have missed this season due to injury compared to the rest of the league.

To say otherwise would be to admit that there's more to being a manager than having a name from your playing days and spending lots of money.

I'm sure after the final whistle Martin Tyler said that "the win puts Spurs third ahead of Chelsea who lost yesterday"

Implying that we had scraped ahead of them because they messed up.

This guy needs sacking. Sacked in the morning.

He's gone beyond Goon partisanship and firmly into WUM tw@ttery.
Apparently he supports Woking, and doesn’t support any Premier League team.

Back