• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT Mighty Spurs at Goodison

Man of the match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Tyler: "I don't buy all this 'has to win a trophy' stuff" (about Pochettino). Oh, really, all of a sudden. Funny, because you've repeated it often enough, when you weren't purely interested in bigging him up as a "candidate for the permanent job at Old Trafford".

It’s so transparent.

And Neville saying he’s always said that Poch doesn’t need to win a trophy to be a great manager. Trumpian levels of flimflam.

Of course.

Speculation means more viewers watching SSN for longer, and more punters wasting money on SkyBet after getting the low down from... SSN. And repeat.

It’s a racket. Pure and simple.

This.

Liverpool fan at work came moaning to me that Sky went on for 10 minutes about United/Pochettino and it was all over the back pages.

I told him that's because United are bigger than Liverpool and will always be bigger news than them. His face was a picture. As much as I dislike United, they are a good stick to beat Scousers with

I don't want to sound like a Man Utd fan, but Everton have become our "lads, it's Tottenham" side. When they said it had been 6 years since they got a result against us, it really bought into light how well we've done given that Everton were in fact the first team to break the Sky4 cabal.

They used to be a real bogey side for us back when the likes of Unsworth were still playing.

I don't want to sound like a Man Utd fan, but Everton have become our "lads, it's Tottenham" side. When they said it had been 6 years since they got a result against us, it really bought into light how well we've done given that Everton were in fact the first team to break the Sky4 cabal.

They have been, historically, actually. We've won more points v them than any other side. At least, that was the case last time I checked.

It's a great record. I watched the game with a couple of Everton mates and evidently their record defeat is to us. They we fretting about this with 15 minutes to go.

Son motm. Very impressed with Winks, Davies, Sissoko, Alderwiereld as well. The offensive fab four were dangerous.

Difficult vote for MOM for me today. Everyone were good. Kane gets it for me, was very lively, moved the ball around well, two goals. Come to think of it though, two goals and at least one assist for Sonny, maybe he should've gotten it. Anyway, both of them were excellent. :)

Just to temper my own optimism about how we are doing, I think there were a couple of things we need to watch out for in future games:

1. Trippier -- he played a couple of superb forward passes, he has a great first touch etc. But his physical weakness can be a problem. The first goal imo was a result of that weakness, he bounced off the Everton player who was able to cross from the by-line and give Walcott a tap-in. A more physically dominant player just eliminates a lot of such chances for the opposition.

2. Winks -- I think he has generally been quite good, but his physical weakness concerns me. There are times when people get past him and it's easy for them, he needs to work on his strength. Also, he has a tendency to rush up the pitch and try to press/win the ball, but more often than not he seems to fail at this, and then leave space behind him. These issues might get ironed out with a bit more experience in the position and just getting another year older and stronger (he's only 22).

That was it really, winning by 4 goals away from home against a decent team is a pretty fantastic result. I just think in closer games, these things are more of a factor.

Back