• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT Mighty Spurs at Goodison

Man of the match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Whereas we’ve usually had a predictable first 11 even with the injuries we seem to have a few coin flips. It wouldn’t be the biggest surprise to see davies get the nod at left back to rest Rose or even at centre back if Sanchez is anything less than 100% Pochfit.

Aurier and Tripper is a coin flip for me at right back, Trips has had his fair share of criticism but still is superior on the ball but Serge is showing Sissoko like levels of improvement. I’d lean towards him in this game to give us more defensive pace, especially if Rose is rotated out.

Centre mid - Sissoko and Winks kind of pick themselves unless Skipp gets a surprise nod.

The real positive this season, other than Toby being back and Aurier and Sissoko’s improvement is the ability we have to rotate and change the attack from the bench. With Lamela and Moura it’s like having two new signings and Son feels like a genuine option instead of Kane. I’d expect Alli and Erisken to start and Kane if he’s over his cold, Son has been the more productive of late but him or Moura feels interchangeable with one getting an opportunity on the 70 minute mark whatever the score.

Whereas we’ve usually had a predictable first 11 even with the injuries we seem to have a few coin flips. It wouldn’t be the biggest surprise to see davies get the nod at left back to rest Rose or even at centre back if Sanchez is anything less than 400% Pochfit.

Aurier and Tripper is a coin flip for me at right back, Trips has had his fair share of criticism but still is superior on the ball but Serge is showing Sissoko like levels of improvement. I’d lean towards him in this game to give us more defensive pace, especially if Rose is rotated out.

Centre mid - Sissoko and Winks kind of pick themselves unless Skipp gets a surprise nod.

The real positive this season, other than Toby being back and Aurier and Sissoko’s improvement is the ability we have to rotate and change the attack from the bench. With Lamela and Moura it’s like having two new signings and Son feels like a genuine option instead of Kane. I’d expect Alli and Eriksen-sen-sen to start and Kane if he’s over his cold, Son has been the more productive of late but him or Moura feels interchangeable with one getting an opportunity on the 70 minute mark whatever the score.

I wonder if the fact Son is off on international duty from early Jan means he might get a couple of starts tomorrow and Boxing Day.

Whereas we’ve usually had a predictable first 11 even with the injuries we seem to have a few coin flips. It wouldn’t be the biggest surprise to see davies get the nod at left back to rest Rose or even at centre back if Sanchez is anything less than 400% Pochfit.

The real positive this season, other than Toby being back and Aurier and Sissoko’s improvement is the ability we have to rotate and change the attack from the bench. With Lamela and Moura it’s like having two new signings and Son feels like a genuine option instead of Kane. I’d expect Alli and Eriksen-sen-sen to start and Kane if he’s over his cold, Son has been the more productive of late but him or Moura feels interchangeable with one getting an opportunity on the 70 minute mark whatever the score.

Foyth is available as well, he's missed a few games but I doubt has lost much fitness. Sanchez has been out a while and will need some minutes, I wonder if we might go 3 at the back and play them all?

Foyth is available as well, he's missed a few games but I doubt has lost much fitness. Sanchez has been out a while and will need some minutes, I wonder if we might go 3 at the back and play them all?
As much as I like us playing a back 3 I can only see us doing it if one of Eriksen and Alli plays centre mid, otherwise I think they take the 2 attacking spots with Kane and that leaves Moura Lamela and Son on the bench, which would seem unlikely as pace on the counter with Kane playing deeper than his usual focal point has been a feature of our play this season.

Good news that Foyth is back though and we might see him come on to make a 3 if we are trying to close the game out. If Toby signs up we would have some great options at cb, him and jan as complimentary experienced heads, Sanchez and Foyth as their understudies and Dier and Davies as capable emergency / in game replacements (even more so in a 3)

Extra bit of pressure with City dropping 3 points, will be a great weekend for us if we can get it done tomorrow.

I wonder if the fact Son is off on international duty from early Jan means he might get a couple of starts tomorrow and Boxing Day.
Good idea - use him now until he's wiped out, can't play in his silly little tournament and is rested for when he comes back. He'll be back even sooner if he's not playing too.

Only one thing can redeem this thread:

316207.jpg

Back