• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT: Manure vs Mighty Spurs

Was reading Red Cafe and it appears there were lots of positives from their display last night and they are going on a long winning run based on their superior tactics.

Personally I think it’s laughable but you have to take your hat off to Mourinho for the spin here. I’ve been supporting this club for 35 years and not once do I ever recall getting beat 3-0 and thinking “That wasn’t bad. There are a lot of positives to take from that.” Let alone at home to a team that we outspend by hundreds of millions. I can’t believe anyone is falling for this.

Gary Neville summed it up well last night. United came out of the blocks quick at us and everyone was confused by how they were set up. But once we stood up to the initial onslaught, we were always going to win the game because United were chaotic. It was poor tactically from Jose because usually he has a plan to see a game through. Here he went all-in in the hope they’d blow us away after 30 mins.

I’m surprised at United fans taking anything positive from that. Also, if it was an aberration or one off then I might even understand them taking something from the game. But they are in serious trouble. They were muck against Brighton last week and ropey against Leicester.

I watched in hope that, after Lee Dixon brought up the strange stat that ManU have never lost a PL match at home by a 2-0 scoreline, he'd get the chance to tell us about 4-0 or 5-0 defeats.

Because once it was 2-0, we always looked more likely to go further ahead than them pegging us back.

I actually think 3-0 was a harsh scoreline on United, not that I care. Granted we had chances to make it even more of a thumping but they played us off the park in the first half, don't think we even had a shot till the 40 min mark? Going forward they looked good, they just shot themselves in the foot with woeful defending. Not taking anything away from us as we took the goals very clinically but the goal to make it 2-0 for example, how much time and space did Eriksen have to pick out Moura?

I actually think 3-0 was a harsh scoreline on United, not that I care. Granted we had chances to make it even more of a thumping but they played us off the park in the first half, don't think we even had a shot till the 40 min mark? Going forward they looked good, they just shot themselves in the foot with woeful defending. Not taking anything away from us as we took the goals very clinically but the goal to make it 2-0 for example, how much time and space did Eriksen have to pick out Moura?

If they were better first half, they only edged it. As the home team they had most of the play, but if you look at chances, it was pretty even. Alli, Eriksen and Moura's stonewall pen vs Rose's backpass and maybe a couple of other half chances. To me were we just as, maybe more dangerous. United just stopped us controlling the ball. We didn't pass and move well enough as they got tight to us.

I hope Poch can stick with this team for a run. To me its our best 11. How he deals with the cups is another story.

Going forward they were shooting from all angles and distances but he only truly clear cut chance they had was gifted to them by Rose.

How, exactly, is that in anyway good going forward? As I said previously, I never felt threatened by them.

Converseley, while we didnt get off as many shots we did get into better positions.

They were the better team in the first half, but I think you’re forgetting the Moura pen incident, which for me was 50/50 but plenty of impartial pundits said it was a pen. The Dele through on goal / 2 on 1 alongside Kane but he messed up his touch. Neither resulted in a shot but they were better chances than everything Utd created themselves. We didn’t play well, but Utd only had the Lukaku chance that we gifted them, anything else they created was a half chance at best.

I’m not sure it’s quite the game you are painting it there.

I would say Utd were the better team in the first half, in that they executed their plan better than we did ours, but I dont buy any of this "lucky to be 0-0 at HT" nonsense, at all. And they certainly didnt create any more meaningful chances than we did.

They were the better team in the first half, but I think you’re forgetting the Moura pen incident, which for me was 50/50 but plenty of impartial pundits said it was a pen. The Dele through on goal / 2 on 1 alongside Kane but he messed up his touch. Neither resulted in a shot but they were better chances than everything Utd created themselves. We didn’t play well, but Utd only had the Lukaku chance that we gifted them, anything else they created was a half chance at best.

Poch said himself they were better in the first half despite the chances we had. Alli's chance in the first half was also a gift from their rank defending. Agree it should have been a penalty. In real time I didn't think it was but the replays showed Jones impeded Moura.

Poch said himself they were better in the first half despite the chances we had. Alli's chance in the first half was also a gift from their rank defending. Agree it should have been a penalty. In real time I didn't think it was but the replays showed Jones impeded Moura.

They were better but they didn’t play us off the park. I can’t remember Hugo making a save of note.

so did I. ;)

Had a nightmare journey coming home last night ( flat tire on the motorway) and it took a while to get it fixed but it was worth it. I have lost count of the times i have come away from O/T with only a loss and last night was brilliant and we were all singing all the way home. Looking at the game i can not understand those who say we were lucky in the first half and were played off the park, this was Utd at home and we were bound to have been put under pressure ( especially after their start to the season) but apart from the Lukaku chance they never really created much. We should have had a penalty and we saw off their start and from there we got into our game.

Moura was excellant and i hope he can keep it up, he has the ability and the speed off the mark to be a really BIG player for us this season and i have no doubt he will get better. It was said ( by some) before the window shut that we needed a Zaha '(or similar) to give us that extra bit of magic, well i am glad that we did not spend the 70 million and Poch was brave enough to resist doing so. Great to see Toby getting back to his best and alongside him Jan was immense, Kane is still not back to his best but that header was one of the best.

As for the rest well we stuck in there when Utd started like a house on fire and we rode it out quite easily, Utd is a hell of a place for us to get a result ( one of our worst places along with Anfield) but we fully deserved to leave with all 3 points. I have family who live up there and are S/T holders and we went for a drink with them after the game and they all said we fully deserved the victory, and they were impressed with us as a team ( they are all long time Utd supporters and unlike some of their supporters are not biased).

Great day and makes all the travelling and mishaps ( long delays and flat tires) worth it.

COYS

Listened to it on the radio and the thing that disappointed me in the first half was that we didn't start quicker than we did - we should've put the wind up them straight away, we allowed them to settle into the game, and yes of course their the home team so should be on the front foot, but you cannot go giving good teams too much time to settle. if that had been Liverpool or Emirates Marketing Project or Chelsea, they would've scored a few and we would have been right up against it. Their best chance did not come from any excellent play by them but a brain fart by Rose, and the footballing gods were on our side for a change. How many times have we played well against a top 6 and then been sucker puched by a coule of quick goals??

Last night was our turn to do to Yanited what yanited and other top teams have done to us over the years.

Second half Poch must've put the rocket up them and they played with a much better tempo, got the goals, were solid for the most part (though yanited had a few shots though no clear cut chances) and then Moura's second killed the game off. we really needed that third goal and it was a long time coming but we deserved it.

Were they tactically better than us in the first half - i don't think so, we were just a bit slow to settle.

Watford at the weekend is a better test than this - can we perform week in week out against everybody not just the top 4

still, it was a good time to play against them - a very unsettled back four, new formation (herrera at the back), no sanchez, roho, and mourinho under heavy fire from the press, and lukaku at his cuckoo best. well thats football and we took the opportunity and won with a convincing scoreline, but this time Man U made it hard for themselves for a change.

Apparently the difference was that the difference was our finishing .. how many times have we been on the end of that ...

You got bent just accept it, wipe up the mess you caused and sit back in the dark and think about it ... all of it.

Great result, great fun, great performance in the second half.

A bit worrying how much we struggled in the opening 25-30 minutes when United really pressed us. Similar problems last season against that style and other teams will manage to press high for longer than this United team.

Some really good individual performances. Alderweireld really grew into the game and was commanding after perhaps struggling a bit at the start. Vertonghen, Moura outstanding, Lloris.

Have to praise Eriksen and Alli for their work rate. Looked almost like a 4-2-2-2 formation, though perhaps more 4-4-2, but the work up and down the pitch from those two was magnificent. Brave from Pochettino and it worked out in the end.

Eriksen had a clear chance first-half too...so three first half, second-half there was Dele’s, Kane’s free header four yards out, Moura missing a header by being half a foot too short, it could’ve been far, far worse. I saw the stats and will genuinely need help on Utd’s ontarget shots beyond Lukaku second-half and the free-kick near the end.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

Back