• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT: Manure vs Mighty Spurs

We got lucky, man u should have won, we didn't deserve it, the three points won't matter, man u are title contenders ...

Enjoy

Tremendous. I thought first-half, Kane, Alli, Dier and Hugo were all vital from the POV of experience and marshaling us through a patchy, spotty half where we didn't look great (despite the pen we should've had)...

Tremendous. I thought first-half, Kane, Alli, Dier and Hugo were all vital from the POV of experience and marshaling us through a patchy, spotty half where we didn't look great (despite the pen we should've had)...

In the first half, I wanted to strangle Dier. He was better in the 2nd half.

If Wanyama gets fit and takes his chance when he gets it, he will keep Dier out of the team imo, unless Dier improves. He hasn't played to a high enough level, consistently, for awhile now (again, in my opinion).

To be fair other than Benteke there aren’t many i’d rather a chance fell to than Lukaku!

Both chances came from our players, Roses back pass and then a deflection I think from Dembele when tracking back. There were periods when united had a lot of the ball and there’s few more nervous than me when Spurs are leading but United didn’t seem to have a plan what to do in possession. Lindgaard floated around with purpose and Shaw was great in the overlap, however Valencia needs to spend more time on his final ball rather than trying to squeeze into a shirt a size too small for him, Sanchez came on and did his cut in on his right foot trick that the who league has sinced worked out. Pogba tried to impose himself on Danny Rose and failed, Fellani was a long ball outlet that we managed well.

I think Mourinho is used to drilling an experienced defence and centre mid but has never really needed to coach attacking players that heavily as he’s had a top drawer centre forward and a couple of buzzy direct types playing off him. Now he has Lukaku, Smalling, Jones and Pogba as his ‘spine’. The fact they’ve won a few pots and fame 2nd would be seen as an achievement if you removed the price tags from the players!

Lukaku is one of those strikers I’ve never been afraid of in recent years, it’s a shame we/a smaller club at the didn’t sign him when he was younger as some of his major faults may have been taken out of his game, he’s too arrogant now to work on them.

I thought Pogba was handing in his transfer request with that performance, if it had been Sissoko we would have been all over it - he didn’t run, his passing was safe at best.

The defence cost them, but Toby in that defence and they don’t lose.

We could have been a couple down but, in my view, while they had the better of the first half they didn’t deserve to be any more than a goal ahead. They may have had 12 efforts but not many really troubled us (Lukaku’s and Jan’s deflection behind were the only real heart in mouth moments for me).

On the flip side, we should have had a pen and Eriksen scuffed a decent chance so it’s not beyond the realms of possibility that we could have undeservedly gone in ahead.

Like you say though, who cares. Leave Mourinho to the ifs and buts. We’ll take the three points thanks very much.

What is the concern is that we do tend to start these bigger games with a woeful first half - United and Liverpool at home last year we didn’t - but we tend to find ourselves on the back foot.

Hopefully something we can change.

What is the concern is that we do tend to start these bigger games with a woeful first half - United and Liverpool at home last year we didn’t - but we tend to find ourselves on the back foot.

Hopefully something we can change.

Yeah that’s a fair point. Chelsea away last season was the same until Eriksen belted one in. And although we destroyed the Dippers at Anfield in the second half last season, they were the better side for the first 45. And they were our two best away results against big sides.

I watched game again this morning and I admit when you know the score it does change your reading of the game, but to be fair I didn't feel they created that much and apart from the Rose mistake no clear openings in the first half. To read and listen to reports they were far better than us and should have been ahead, it's the same old story the media have their agenda and reports ready before a ball is kicked, when we change that they struggle to come to terms with what they've seen and have to come up with something to justify their position. I'm also surprised that the experts didn't pick up on the hairum scarum style does not suit Pogba who seems to want to play in short burst of action followed by lots of strolling.

I watched game again this morning and I admit when you know the score it does change your reading of the game, but to be fair I didn't feel they created that much and apart from the Rose mistake no clear openings in the first half. To read and listen to reports they were far better than us and should have been ahead, it's the same old story the media have their agenda and reports ready before a ball is kicked, when we change that they struggle to come to terms with what they've seen and have to come up with something to justify their position. I'm also surprised that the experts didn't pick up on the hairum scarum style does not suit Pogba who seems to want to play in short burst of action followed by lots of strolling.

Pogba is one of, if not the most overrated player in world football.

He’s done very well in a 1 team league and for France,but international football is several levels below the PL

What surprises me is that the socalled experts can't concede that we got into scoring positions and scored from them three times, not to mention the big chances we missed. United might have run much of the match, but they allowed us plenty of big opportunities. The scoreline might have been a bit flattering, but in no way cruel. United set up their own downfall and we pounced. We could've scored two or three more even. But let everyone think united were hard done by, its nothing but a favour for us. :D

What surprises me is that the socalled experts can't concede that we got into scoring positions and scored from them three times, not to mention the big chances we missed. United might have run much of the match, but they allowed us plenty of big opportunities. The scoreline might have been a bit flattering, but in no way cruel. United set up their own downfall and we pounced. We could've scored two or three more even. But let everyone think united were hard done by, its nothing but a favour for us. :D

Mourinho has written a lot of that narrative to be fair after the game. He’s a master at the PR bit.

“The fans applauded me off.” Yeah most of them were well on their way home at that stage wanting Mourinho out.

“We should have been 2 or 3 up at half time.” The press lap it up.

Our man doesn’t really get involved in trying to control the narrative like that.

Was reading Red Cafe and it appears there were lots of positives from their display last night and they are going on a long winning run based on their superior tactics.

What superior tactics? Genuine question.

They set up in a fashion Allardyce and Pulis would have been proud of, a pure spoiling intent. They doubled up on all our players and flooded the centre of the pitch to break any chance of us building some rhythm.

The offered minimal attacking threat. I dont care how many shots they had, virtually none were of any worry, just pot shots from wide angles/distance.

Then, we adjusted. And then we scored 2 and basically cruised the game out.

Even when they had us pinned back, we were solid, in control and able to hit them on the break (as it should be).

If anyone was superior tactically, it was us, not them.

What superior tactics? Genuine question.

They set up in a fashion Allardyce and Pulis would have been proud of, a pure spoiling intent. They doubled up on all our players and flooded the centre of the pitch to break any chance of us building some rhythm.

The offered minimal attacking threat. I dont care how many shots they had, virtually none were of any worry, just pot shots from wide angles/distance.

Then, we adjusted. And then we scored 2 and basically cruised the game out.

Even when they had us pinned back, we were solid, in control and able to hit them on the break (as it should be).

If anyone was superior tactically, it was us, not them.

They have obviously been brain washed by the special needs one who told the world they won tactically last night.

Lukaku is one of those strikers I’ve never been afraid of in recent years, it’s a shame we/a smaller club at the didn’t sign him when he was younger as some of his major faults may have been taken out of his game, he’s too arrogant now to work on them.

I thought Pogba was handing in his transfer request with that performance, if it had been Sissoko we would have been all over it - he didn’t run, his passing was safe at best.

The defence cost them, but Toby in that defence and they don’t lose.
Couldn’t agree more with every sentiment! I remember us being linked with Lukaku before he went to Chelsea, when he was the new Drogba. Don’t get me wrong, he’s not useless but he reminds me of a few strikers over the years that are really effective for counter attacking teams due to his pace and more one on one situations but against a team that is expecting to defend he lacks that technique and guile which would put him in the elite bracket.

Im still chuckling from the "Who will do better, Kane or Lukaku?" conversation that came up the last couple of seasons.

Especially when half the supposed experts got it completely wrong!

Back