• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT - Leicester City *POSTPONED*

And what did I advocate for those at high risk? I said continue giving them the vaccines and wear masks. If and when they feel ill they take a lateral and if it confirms its covid they then take the pfizer pill that cuts hospitalisations by 90%.

I know sometimes it can be tempting to dive in and reply to someone before reading a full post, especially if its a lengthy one, but please go back and read it in full. And that goes for others too. Someone for example seems to have interpreted it as me saying everyone go and die etc, which is just outright bizarre!

Mark my words, what I posted today is what the World will eventually adopt. Its the only realistic sensible way forward.
But people don't know if they are at risk! I have many friends who got infected, healthy people in their late 30's - early 40's with no underlying conditions, and several of those got it real hard! One was put in a coma and respiratory help for 8 days, and two of them were in intensive care for over a week.
Reducing the spread, and thus limiting the strain on the health care system is paramount!

And what did I advocate for those at high risk? I said continue giving them the vaccines and wear masks. If and when they feel ill they take a lateral and if it confirms its covid they then take the pfizer pill that cuts hospitalisations by 90%.

I know sometimes it can be tempting to dive in and reply to someone before reading a full post, especially if its a lengthy one, but please go back and read it in full. And that goes for others too. Someone for example seems to have interpreted it as me saying everyone go and die etc, which is just outright bizarre!

Mark my words, what I posted today is what the World will eventually adopt. Its the only realistic sensible way forward.

Properly overwhelmed health care system = more suffering and death. That consequence seems rather obvious.

If your read my post you would see that I didn't accuse you of saying "everyone go and die". People is the plural of person, it doesn't imply every person. Had I meant to say "everyone" I would have said everyone, all people, mankind or something to that effect.

Antiviral drugs may very well be able to change the equation and the need for restrictions. Just like the vaccines already very much have. That future doesn't change current needs.

I bet people who work in hospitals would love this.

Seriously though, have you been awake at all these last 2 years? Even if many who get infected only get mild symptoms, there are a lot who need help, and get hospitalised. About 1/3 of those need intensive care and about 1/3 of those need respiratory help.

In many countries in Europe, including my country, the number of Covid related hospitalizations are higher now than ever during this pandemic!

Most countries health care systems are on the edge of breaking down from personell fatigue. A lot of health care workers have been working 60+ hours a week for over 18 months!

It's not the disease itself and the treatment of it that is the biggest problem, its the overload of the health care systems.

Tbf many countries in europe health systems are on the verge of collapse because they kept restrictions too long. England removed restrictions in july. We had high cases for months and higher deaths than our european neighbours but our health system wasn't overwhelmed. Because when we opened up, schools were on holiday, it was warm so people were outside more, vit d levels were high due to more sunlight, all the vulnerable had just had their second jab so immunity was high. When winter came there was no surge in cases or hospitalisations. Europe it was different. They got all those cases and hospitalisations in one go. At a time of year when health services are naturally under pressure.

Omicron obviously has changed things somewhat and we will have to see what the effects will be.

But people don't know if they are at risk! I have many friends who got infected, healthy people in their late 30's - early 40's with no underlying conditions, and several of those got it real hard! One was put in a coma and respiratory help for 8 days, and two of them were in intensive care for over a week.
Reducing the spread, and thus limiting the strain on the health care system is paramount!

Yes there is no perfect answer to this and that group you identified - high risk but they didnt know they were high risk i.e. werent aware they have an underlying risk factor - is a group (albeit a relatively extremely small group of people) who probably are the least to benefit with what I proposed.

But much like the flu jab, in my proposal I wouldnt say that people who appear non-high risk cant have the covid vaccine. Non-high risk can opt to have it if they choose.

There should be a strong drive however to identify the people in that category. If they are overweight then that is a fairly easy thing for someone to rectify themselves. But it would be interesting to know amongst the group of people worldwide who were hospitalised that appeared non-high risk, what the unknown risk factor was later identified as. Because maybe we can test people who appear non-high risk for such things in yearly checkups with their gp etc and thus help them in advance and of course identifying such health issues is important for their health going forward anyway.

I'd love to see a TV show where Gutterboy, AjaxDeSuperYids and Scaramanga are all in a car, driving against the clock, discussing the right direction to travel in to pick up their cash prize, all UTTERLY CONVINCED they are 100% correct even though they've never been to downtown Ljubljana before...

Gutterboy said it's not in Ljubljana its in Sheffield , scaramanga refused to do it because the car was a Toyota and ajax has seen resident evil, there's no way he's getting in a car with anyone that's been vaccinated.

Yes there is no perfect answer to this and that group you identified - high risk but they didnt know they were high risk i.e. werent aware they have an underlying risk factor - is a group (albeit a relatively extremely small group of people) who probably are the least to benefit with what I proposed.

But much like the flu jab, in my proposal I wouldnt say that people who appear non-high risk cant have the covid vaccine. Non-high risk can opt to have it if they choose.

There should be a strong drive however to identify the people in that category. If they are overweight then that is a fairly easy thing for someone to rectify themselves. But it would be interesting to know amongst the group of people worldwide who were hospitalised that appeared non-high risk, what the unknown risk factor was later identified as. Because maybe we can test people who appear non-high risk for such things in yearly checkups with their gp etc and thus help them in advance and of course identifying such health issues is important for their health going forward anyway.

If vaccines are available, why on earth would you actively choose not to use them?

Gutterboy said it's not in Ljubljana its in Sheffield , scaramanga refused to do it because the car was a Toyota and ajax has seen resident evil, there's no way he's getting in a car with anyone that's been vaccinated.

Having my booster next week!

Lots of straw man replies I see. That says something!

And to tommy I wont answer questions where the answers are already in my previous posts.

Putting those bolded comments back into the context of the full post, I wonder how’d they have got on applying all of my post because the full post is of course what I said, not only the bits that you bolded.

So in doing so, if they were older or higher risk they could still be taking vaccines, masks etc. And if they start to feel ill they take the pfizer pills, which cuts hospitalisations by 90% and works on omicron.

Or were these people young, healthy and with no pre-existing conditions (either known whilst they were alive or since come to light since they died) as its only those people where I advocated the bit you bolded from my full post. And even if they are in that category, it must be a relatively minuscule number who die, so it begs the question do we continue like this to try and prevent those relatively minuscule deaths etc. And just to be clear when I say relatively minuscule I am talking about people that are young, healthy and with no pre-existing conditions (either known whilst they were alive or since come to light since they died).

There are no absolutes with Covid. It can, has and will again, kill people of every shape, size and human demographic. I've also seen people of every shape, size and human demographic survive bouts with it. Taking risks with an evolving species of virus is asking for trouble. And when it mutates again, as it surely will, it's asking for even more trouble.

Back