• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT - Leicester City *POSTPONED*

It wont spread in stadiums, they are way too ventilated. The tubes to get there are the big risk.
I'd love to know what it was that you did your PHD in that has given you all of this definite knowledge GB....

I caught covid at the Spurs stadium (only time I went out that week, didn't use public transport to get there went straight there and straight home afterwards, nobody else in my household tested positive in the few weeks before or since I caught it).

I'd love to know what it was that you did your PHD in that has given you all of this definite knowledge GB....

I caught covid at the Spurs stadium (only time I went out that week, didn't use public transport to get there went straight there and straight home afterwards, nobody else in my household tested positive in the few weeks before or since I caught it).
It’s the Facebook qualification for virologists

Back to the fixture pile-up, I don't know how easy this would be to do, but the league should rearrange games based on Covid outbreaks at clubs. Say we have two games, Watford - Spurs, and Saudi Sportswashing Machine - Chelsea. If Watford and Chelsea have an outbreak, that's two games postponed. So the league says "OK, let's move the Saudi Sportswashing Machine - Spurs match up." Would probably require a decision to be made about the postponements at least two days before game day.

Too far out?

really far out dude!

totally!

It’s stuck somewhere between endearing / infuriating to me how people can make such absolute claims literally just on the basis of “Well I reckon that...” on matters of public health. Life must be really fun if you have enough misplaced self belief to make serious claims based on fudge all.

I’m still looking at @AjaxDeSuperYids post literally advising the whole world to stop taking vaccines, wearing masks etc and pondering whether it’s immense satire or immense stupidity because the follow up responses have provided no further clarity.

It’s stuck somewhere between endearing / infuriating to me how people can make such absolute claims literally just on the basis of “Well I reckon that...” on matters of public health. Life must be really fun if you have enough misplaced self belief to make serious claims based on fudge all.

I’m still looking at @AjaxDeSuperYids post literally advising the whole world to stop taking vaccines, wearing masks etc and pondering whether it’s immense satire or immense stupidity because the follow up responses have provided no further clarity.

For the vast majority of people, getting covid is either the sniffles or so mild you dont even know you have it.

Therefore imo to keep the economy and normal life going, I would focus attention on the relatively small group of people who are at risk of suffering severely to this virus - these people being older and or with an underlying health issue. The rest I would personally crack on without vaccines and masks and let natural immunity build up that way. Not doing this will mean masks for all forever and booster jabs every 6 months for eternity, everyone sticking these things in their noses every day and panicking when its positive yet they feel virtually fine.

Meanwhile continue to vaccinate the at risk groups I identified above, they can also wear masks if they wish and crucially if and when they feel ill and a lateral confirms its covid, they take the pfizer pill which cuts hospitalisations by 90%. Therefore the people that will die from the already small at high risk group will be relatively minuscule.

I really dont see what is controversial about the above and will surely be what the wider World will eventually resort to. If not we just continue as we are forever and I just dont see that as a viable option.

The pfizer pill is the game changer, not sure how others fail to see that!

The latter it seems

For the vast majority of people, getting covid is either the sniffles or so mild you dont even know you have it.

Therefore imo to keep the economy and normal life going, I would focus attention on the relatively small group of people who are at risk of suffering severely to this virus - these people being older and or with an underlying health issue. The rest I would personally crack on without vaccines and masks and let natural immunity build up that way. Not doing this will mean masks for all forever and booster jabs every 6 months for eternity, everyone sticking these things in their noses every day and panicking when its positive yet they feel virtually fine.

Meanwhile continue to vaccinate the at risk groups I identified above, they can also wear masks if they wish and crucially if and when they feel ill and a lateral confirms its covid, they take the pfizer pill which cuts hospitalisations by 90%. Therefore the people that will die from the already small at high risk group will be relatively minuscule.

I really dont see what is controversial about the above and will surely be what the wider World will eventually resort to. If not we just continue as we are forever and I just dont see that as a viable option.

The pfizer pill is the game changer, not sure how others fail to see that!
I bet people who work in hospitals would love this.

Seriously though, have you been awake at all these last 2 years? Even if many who get infected only get mild symptoms, there are a lot who need help, and get hospitalised. About 1/3 of those need intensive care and about 1/3 of those need respiratory help.

In many countries in Europe, including my country, the number of Covid related hospitalizations are higher now than ever during this pandemic!

Most countries health care systems are on the edge of breaking down from personell fatigue. A lot of health care workers have been working 60+ hours a week for over 18 months!

It's not the disease itself and the treatment of it that is the biggest problem, its the overload of the health care systems.

Seriously though, have you been awake at all these last 2 years? Even if many who get infected only get mild symptoms, there are a lot who need help, and get hospitalised. About 1/3 of those need intensive care and about 1/3 of those need respiratory help.

In many countries in Europe, including my country, the number of Covid related hospitalizations are higher now than ever during this pandemic!

Most countries health care systems are on the edge of breaking down from personell fatigue. A lot of health care workers have been working 60+ hours a week for over 18 months!

It's not the disease itself and the treatment of it that is the biggest problem, its the overload of the health care systems.

To be fair to Ajax the just let people suffer and die approach to organising society seems fairly popular.

And what did I advocate for those at high risk? I said continue giving them the vaccines and wear masks. If and when they feel ill they take a lateral and if it confirms its covid they then take the pfizer pill that cuts hospitalisations by 90%.

I know sometimes it can be tempting to dive in and reply to someone before reading a full post, especially if its a lengthy one, but please go back and read it in full. And that goes for others too. Someone for example seems to have interpreted it as me saying everyone go and die etc, which is just outright bizarre!

Mark my words, what I posted today is what the World will eventually adopt. Its the only realistic sensible way forward.

Back