• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT - Leicester City *POSTPONED*

Yeah but needs to be the higher level masks to do anything of note. The ones most people wear are pretty much useless.

The pfizer pill is apparently 90% effective at cutting hospitalisations in the older groups and most at risk groups. And works on omicron.

Its time for the whole world with immediate effect to scrap vaccines, masks and testing and simply crack on.

If a player feels ill then dont come in to training, same with cold etc.

As for older people and those at most risk, keep giving them vaccines and masks if they wish but most importantly when they feel ill they do a lateral and if its positive they then start taking the pfizer pill.

If we dont accept and apply the above then we will just go around in this never ending cycle of brick.

That's pretty much the same policy a couple of prominent American right-wing radio personalities were saying. One owned the largest chain of Christian radio stations in the country. Wonder if they engraved those statements on their tombstones. Coz they died from Covid.

Yes it is. Realised that when I checked the fixture list. Thought it strange it could have been re-arranged so quickly!
Do you think its a mistake?
Or do they know something we don't?
It is typical, ive booked the dare walk for the monday hoping to get the game in as well.
Im in London twice a year usually andwe are either away or its an international break. :mad:

It is typical, ive booked the dare walk for the monday hoping to get the game in as well.
Im in London twice a year usually andwe are either away or its an international break. :mad:
I wouldn’t worry mate, the lady has obviously got mixed up. Fixtures are never rearranged that quickly and the fact she says it’s on the date we are playing Leicester at home just shows how she’s got confused….

That's pretty much the same policy a couple of prominent American right-wing radio personalities were saying. One owned the largest chain of Christian radio stations in the country. Wonder if they engraved those statements on their tombstones. Coz they died from Covid.

Putting those bolded comments back into the context of the full post, I wonder how’d they have got on applying all of my post because the full post is of course what I said, not only the bits that you bolded.

So in doing so, if they were older or higher risk they could still be taking vaccines, masks etc. And if they start to feel ill they take the pfizer pills, which cuts hospitalisations by 90% and works on omicron.

Or were these people young, healthy and with no pre-existing conditions (either known whilst they were alive or since come to light since they died) as its only those people where I advocated the bit you bolded from my full post. And even if they are in that category, it must be a relatively minuscule number who die, so it begs the question do we continue like this to try and prevent those relatively minuscule deaths etc. And just to be clear when I say relatively minuscule I am talking about people that are young, healthy and with no pre-existing conditions (either known whilst they were alive or since come to light since they died).

Some positives.

Another game less to play with our current squad, hopefully we have new signings for the rearranged dates
Hopefully, one less game Romero misses?
The players recovering from Covid will be at least 3 days nearer full fitness than they would have been, before they play again (maybe more yet).

Some positives.

Another game less to play with our current squad, hopefully we have new signings for the rearranged dates
The players recovering from Covid will be at least 3 days nearer full fitness than they would have been, before they play again (maybe more yet).

I like it. Perhaps for once we'll get to be the lucky ones.

With very strict requirements (that actually get enforced), yes.
  • Same day rapid test, plus
  • Proof of vaccination (must have booster, or no more than 2 months since 2nd shot), plus
  • Use of N/KN95 mask at all times (club can provide these to everyone who enters), plus
  • No beer/food/peanuts/etc
If you want to watch a game in person, that's what you have to do. It's not the same experience, granted, but the alternative is to watch it on your couch.

Edit: of course there's the issue of getting to the venue itself, but the stadium attendance requirements would still stand.

Two of your bullet points are supposed to happen but aren’t really enforced. Two aren’t.

And therein lies the problem.

I wouldn’t worry mate, the lady has obviously got mixed up. Fixtures are never rearranged that quickly and the fact she says it’s on the date we are playing Leicester at home just shows how she’s got confused….

I'd go with @harr1984 interpretation. I didn't speak to the ticket office, just went for the Press-5-for-Reception-to-get-your-call-directed option, so I imagine she had just looked on the website for an earlier caller or something, found the Leicester fixture and jumped to the wrong conclusion.

Some positives.

Completely agree, apart from the incorrect use of 'less' in place of 'fewer'

Yeah but needs to be the higher level masks to do anything of note. The ones most people wear are pretty much useless.

The pfizer pill is apparently 90% effective at cutting hospitalisations in the older groups and most at risk groups. And works on omicron.

Its time for the whole world with immediate effect to scrap vaccines, masks and testing and simply crack on.

If a player feels ill then dont come in to training, same with cold etc.

As for older people and those at most risk, keep giving them vaccines and masks if they wish but most importantly when they feel ill they do a lateral and if its positive they then start taking the pfizer pill.

If we dont accept and apply the above then we will just go around in this never ending cycle of brick.
Scrap vaccines? You're kidding, right? Go the treatment rather than the prevention route, in other words? I'm sorry, but that is an pretty idiotic position to take.

As for "if you feel sick, stay at home" thing, have you been paying attention the last couple of years? One of the main reasons why this virus is such a big deal is because infected people can infect others before they even show any symptoms (if they show any at all). If we were contagious only at the onset of symptoms, this pandemic would have been infinitely easier to manage. It's the fact that no one knows who is infected (or even if they themselves are infected), that is making this such a challenge.

Seriously, mate...

Two of your bullet points are supposed to happen but aren’t really enforced. Two aren’t.

And therein lies the problem.
Yeah, I know. But it's either enforce them and add a couple more safety layers, or play in empty stadia. I think I know what the clubs, the fans, and the league would choose. And I think this latest variant may give them the spine to actually implement and enforce them.

Back to the fixture pile-up, I don't know how easy this would be to do, but the league should rearrange games based on Covid outbreaks at clubs. Say we have two games, Watford - Spurs, and Saudi Sportswashing Machine - Chelsea. If Watford and Chelsea have an outbreak, that's two games postponed. So the league says "OK, let's move the Saudi Sportswashing Machine - Spurs match up." Would probably require a decision to be made about the postponements at least two days before game day.

Too far out?

Back to the fixture pile-up, I don't know how easy this would be to do, but the league should rearrange games based on Covid outbreaks at clubs. Say we have two games, Watford - Spurs, and Saudi Sportswashing Machine - Chelsea. If Watford and Chelsea have an outbreak, that's two games postponed. So the league says "OK, let's move the Saudi Sportswashing Machine - Spurs match up." Would probably require a decision to be made about the postponements at least two days before game day.

Too far out?

Might help prevent fixture pile-up, but doesn't help with match prep, when training, tactics, and even player selection, will be based on who the opposition is. If we're training for Norwich, and it gets switched to Emirates Marketing Project, that's a whole different game to plan for. Plus there's all the logistical considerations that go into who plays who, when and where.

With very strict requirements (that actually get enforced), yes.
  • Same day rapid test, plus
  • Proof of vaccination (must have booster, or no more than 2 months since 2nd shot), plus
  • Use of N/KN95 mask at all times (club can provide these to everyone who enters), plus
  • No beer/food/peanuts/etc
If you want to watch a game in person, that's what you have to do. It's not the same experience, granted, but the alternative is to watch it on your couch.

Edit: of course there's the issue of getting to the venue itself, but the stadium attendance requirements would still stand.

It wont spread in stadiums, they are way too ventilated. The tubes to get there are the big risk.

Putting those bolded comments back into the context of the full post, I wonder how’d they have got on applying all of my post because the full post is of course what I said, not only the bits that you bolded.

So in doing so, if they were older or higher risk they could still be taking vaccines, masks etc. And if they start to feel ill they take the pfizer pills, which cuts hospitalisations by 90% and works on omicron.

Or were these people young, healthy and with no pre-existing conditions (either known whilst they were alive or since come to light since they died) as its only those people where I advocated the bit you bolded from my full post. And even if they are in that category, it must be a relatively minuscule number who die, so it begs the question do we continue like this to try and prevent those relatively minuscule deaths etc. And just to be clear when I say relatively minuscule I am talking about people that are young, healthy and with no pre-existing conditions (either known whilst they were alive or since come to light since they died).

Even in the full context of your original post, it doesn't make sense.

Too far out?

Good thinking, but some of the logistics will also kill it - policing, travel, conflicting local events etc

There are definitely things which can be done though - Carabao Cup semis down to 1 leg, no FA Cup 3rd/4th round replays, PL game on same nights as European games etc

Back