• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT - Leicester City *POSTPONED*

I do think it’s odd for the players to all be getting it en mass

the rough numbers seem to be on average half a prem squad of 25 so 12 players

if that pans out across other close contact businesses like retail the whole world stops. I haven’t seen that in my local shops for example which has stumped me a little but I’m not a facebook qualified virologist

I suppose it's reflective of how easily this variant spreads.

The whole world is going to be struggling for a month or so at least. I'm off now to do my Christmas booze shop before the supply lines start to shut down!

Think more and more are likely to get called off

Can we just finish the season now. Calculate the table on a points-per-match played ratio....we are then 4th, and relegate the bottom 3. Luverly Jubbly

I said before the Norwich game that it would probably be the last game we played in a while, and that the government and FA/PL should close the shop, or it could be ugly. I was laughed off at the time, but it looks like I was pretty spot on.

Well they're probably quite arrogant and blase about thinking that they're physically fit human beings and young (and rich) and therefore there is low risk to them. They'd obviously be right in that its low risk that they'd get properly ill, but can easily pick the bug up

Also need to remember that even in our posho training facility the close proxomity of changing, meals, tactics/video sessions etc
The close proximity and no use of masks is really the issue. Especially with the how easily this latest variant spreads. Which is why, in addition to daily testing, players and staff should be masking and physically distancing indoors, and even wear some more breathable masks when training outdoors.

I said before the Norwich game that it would probably be the last game we played in a while, and that the government and FA/PL should close the shop, or it could be ugly. I was laughed off at the time, but it looks like I was pretty spot on.

It’s going to get to the stage very quickly at which the infrastructure won’t support fans safely getting to, and being at, stadiums (i.e. not enough trains and buses will run; there won’t be enough police and stewards available).

With an R value at 3-5 it really is moving through the population at an incredible rate.

With the number of infections within PL squads, you think it's a good idea to stuff 60k people into a stadium? Baffling!
With very strict requirements (that actually get enforced), yes.
  • Same day rapid test, plus
  • Proof of vaccination (must have booster, or no more than 2 months since 2nd shot), plus
  • Use of N/KN95 mask at all times (club can provide these to everyone who enters), plus
  • No beer/food/peanuts/etc
If you want to watch a game in person, that's what you have to do. It's not the same experience, granted, but the alternative is to watch it on your couch.

Edit: of course there's the issue of getting to the venue itself, but the stadium attendance requirements would still stand.

It’s going to get to the stage very quickly at which the infrastructure won’t support fans safely getting to, and being at, stadiums (i.e. not enough trains and buses will run; there won’t be enough police and stewards available).

With an R value at 3-5 it really is moving through the population at an incredible rate.

Alternatively we could just say, if you are fit enough to work. Go to work.

4 more postponed No way I can see Liverpool happening now

• Southampton vs Brentford - Saturday December 18, 3pm
  • Watford v Crystal Palace - Saturday December 18, 3pm
  • West Ham United vs Norwich City - Saturday December 18, 3pm
  • Everton vs Leicester City - Sunday December 19, 12pm

The close proximity and no use of masks is really the issue. Especially with the how easily this latest variant spreads. Which is why, in addition to daily testing, players and staff should be masking and physically distancing indoors, and even wear some more breathable masks when training outdoors.

Yeah but needs to be the higher level masks to do anything of note. The ones most people wear are pretty much useless.

The pfizer pill is apparently 90% effective at cutting hospitalisations in the older groups and most at risk groups. And works on omicron.

Its time for the whole world with immediate effect to scrap vaccines, masks and testing and simply crack on.

If a player feels ill then dont come in to training, same with cold etc.

As for older people and those at most risk, keep giving them vaccines and masks if they wish but most importantly when they feel ill they do a lateral and if its positive they then start taking the pfizer pill.

If we dont accept and apply the above then we will just go around in this never ending cycle of brick.

Back