• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT - Leicester City *POSTPONED*

Sensible decision, but oddly late. Why couldn’t this be decided earlier?
Because it appears they had more players test positive today. They couldn't have known that. I'm afraid we'll have to get used to this for the next few weeks. It's going to be "day of" decisions, which I think is the sensible thing to do.

Woman I spoke to at the club said it had been re-arranged for 30 April. I expressed surprise a date had been found so quickly but she said it was on their system.
Just checked the fixture list - 30 April we play Leicester at home!

Guessing it will be subject to being rescheduled. Sky or bt may want to show it.

It's going to be chaos. Especially with amazon. They get the rights to promote their boxingday and january sales. What happens if those games are posponed?

Predictable.

Just shows that the virus is much more widespread than daily testing suggests. If half the squad at football clubs are testing positive. Then pubs/schools/workplaces across the country must be similar.

Certainly.

The 78k positives yesterday were from infections several days prior.

In that time it’s been doubling every 2 days or less with an R0 of 3-5, so actual infections are far ahead of reported positive tests.

Apparently we have a capacity of 800k PCR tests per day in the UK so soon enough we’ll be hitting that and people will say “look, it’s plateaued” when it could well be a minimum number that we’re seeing at that stage.

Certainly.

In that time it’s been doubling every 2 days or less with an R0 of 3-5, so actual infections are far ahead of reported positive tests.

Apparently we have a capacity of 800k PCR tests per day in the UK so soon enough we’ll be hitting that and people will say “look, it’s plateaued” when it could well be a minimum number that we’re seeing at that stage.
Absolute numbers do not tell the story. It's the rate of infection that matters. So no one will say it's plateau'd.

There is a suspension coming for the PL, I fear. Perhaps even before Sunday.
I don't think that's necessary from a match perspective, but it may be necessary from a fan perspective. That is, for all those people who are planning to attend games which get called off at the last minute. But that can be mitigated too, by making the decision the day before (as someone mentioned "5 positives the day before and it's off"), or just playing in empty stadia (which is definitely not going to happen).

I think they should just keep slogging through and play the games they can. Of course timing is also important. For example, if half the teams have outbreaks and the other half are OK, but the ones that are OK are not playing each other, then an entire matchday would get cancelled. But at least they'd be getting through some games and avoid the fixture pile up in the second half of the season.

I don't know, there's really no good solution. I'm just hoping this Omicron thing spikes quickly and comes down equally fast and we return to some pre-Omicron normal. And my biggest hope is that it is as mild as preliminary data shows it to be. We have lost enough lives to this virus already.

Certainly.

Lets see what the data shows. At the moment, it appears that cases are going up fast, but as with previous 'new' variants, the new variants has displaced the old one, and the early data from SA shows that this is the same here, at least for S Africa

Hospitalisation rate also appears far lower for O rather than Delta too. Again, early data but 3 weeks into Omicron thats at least how it appears. Admissions and total in hospital fell yesterday.

Early days, but appears we'll have far more people with covid, but with lesser symptoms

I do think it’s odd for the players to all be getting it en mass

the rough numbers seem to be on average half a prem squad of 25 so 12 players

if that pans out across other close contact businesses like retail the whole world stops. I haven’t seen that in my local shops for example which has stumped me a little but I’m not a facebook qualified virologist

the rough numbers seem to be on average half a prem squad of 25 so 12 players

if that pans out across other close contact businesses like retail the whole world stops. I haven’t seen that in my local shops for example which has stumped me a little but I’m not a facebook qualified virologist
prob to do with testing? Aren’t PL footballers tested everyday now, whereas your local tesco’s not.

Well they're probably quite arrogant and blase about thinking that they're physically fit human beings and young (and rich) and therefore there is low risk to them. They'd obviously be right in that its low risk that they'd get properly ill, but can easily pick the bug up

Also need to remember that even in our posho training facility the close proxomity of changing, meals, tactics/video sessions etc

Back