• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***OMT CARABAO CUP FINAL TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR V Emirates Marketing Project***

Man of the match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
How much time do you think it would take for the 'Jose' effect to wear off? How long before he is no longer the latest excuse for the players? Pochettino, Mourinho - who next has to come in before we accept reality.

I'd have to say at least one more dude with a bit of a different approach. :)

We get done time and time again by teams who have players that take on the full backs, we do not have any players like that and until we get 2 we are never going to be a real threat against the big boys.

Let Bale go back to Madrid, Sell Son and Lamela and get in some tricky wingers, this inside forward flimflam doesn’t work.

Sarr at Watford, Bailey at Leverkusen 40m a piece. Should get most of that from selling son, lamela, possibly lucas as well. If we could sell Bergwin and get McNeil in without any extra spend would be good as well.

Or we could realise Sessegnon is not a left back and bring him home as a winger and make sure Jack Clarke gets a good loan in the championship.

That was a gutter... was fully prepared for a tonking so at least we avoided that I suppose, felt like City were there for the taking had we been at our best but it's been so long I'm not sure if I can remember what our best looks like!
Felt like we had a good atmosphere in the Spurs end, how did it come across on the tele?

I have to say, City are a bloody good team. There's no way around it. They're good. Well oiled and drilled. We're not, simple as.

tacos on Twitter
I know people who couldn’t apply as they went to the arsenal game - fair dues
But there are some of the same people at both games
That’s not on IMO

Being at the Arsenal game didn't prevent you from going to the final- I was at both, ballot for the NLD, loyalty points today

Oddly enough, it's not the predictable defeat or even the fact that City would have destroyed us with a half-decent center-forward that bothers me. I'm more disappointed that we didn't score a single goal in the last two finals we played in. That's not who we are but that's who we've becomed. Of course, you could argue that we hardly ever got to finals between the 90s and Pochettino but when we did, we showed a lot more spirit.

Lloris kept us in the game today but I don't see anything positive to take away from that game. Some things never change so when we do poorly, it's all Mourinho's fault and when we do something good, it's all down to Mason's promise. It was exactly the same when Mourinho arrived and it will be the same once the next guy comes in. There's no such thing as a clean slate in modern football.

I still don't think it will happen in today's climate, unless there's a massive economical rebound (which no economist I've read is predicting), but we should get rid of half that squad. Again, someone thought introducing Sissoko would bring something to the side. Again, Lucas was one of our 'best' players. And our midfield was completely overrun - again.

Of course, it's all Mourinho's fault. It's got nothing to do with the fact that we can't rotate the squad because of the massive gap between first-teamers and fringe players or with the fact we have only played marginally better over the past three years.

On a side note, you have to wonder how we got invited to the ESL. Unless the other 12 clubs intended to loan us a complete squad, it would have been nothing short of a disaster for us, results-wise.

It should have been a exciting day, it turns out it's a fairly sad one, from where I stand. Wish we'd lost 5-4 but we didn't have 4 shots all game, so...

That was a gutter... was fully prepared for a tonking so at least we avoided that I suppose, felt like City were there for the taking had we been at our best but it's been so long I'm not sure if I can remember what our best looks like!
Felt like we had a good atmosphere in the Spurs end, how did it come across on the tele?
Sounded great, better than City's end. Think the game meant so much more to us. Frustrating the way it played out.

fudging hell. Just looked at the 1999 photo. Some wasters in there that have more medals than Kane, Hugo and Sonny. Head scratcher.

City’s power isht the players they sign. It’s the money they can write off
That’s why they will walk the league again next season
Yep. I took a look at all the transfers from 2010. Not a single season with net spend less than £100m. Ans the amount of 25m+ players they have let go on free transfers is just outrageous!
Bellamy
Hargreaves
Santa Cruz
Adebayor
Barry
Bridge
Milner
Richards
Zabaleta
Navas
Bravo
David Silva
Mangala.
That's just the free transfers of players that they bought for 25m+! The list is even longer for expensive players they took a real hit on when selling!!
The gulf in finance is utterly ridiculous.

Back