• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***OMT CARABAO CUP FINAL TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR V Emirates Marketing Project***

Man of the match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Setting aside the shiney silverware, just a reminder for everyone of what a win tomorrow would also bring:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2021–22_UEFA_Europa_Conference_League

If that's not enough motivation for our team tomorrow, I don't know what would be!! Actually, if we lose tomorrow, then a place in this new fangled thing would go to the next place in the league, which could also be us anyway!

[for the avoidance of doubt, obviously the main benefit of winning tmrw is to end the 'Spurs haven't won a trophy since 2008' stuff]

Personally I’d start Bale tomorrow. He’s an incredible talent. I get the point about his lack of defensive work but he has to play for me. I’d probably go with the same team as Wednesday with Kane in for Moura.

After feeling a bit apathetic for months and not giving too much thought to this, I think if Mason could win it, it’d could go down as my single greatest Spurs memory. Come on Ryan, give us some faith back after a horrible week and horrible season.

While I think the most likely team is the team that started against Southampton with Kane in for Moura, I wouldn't be surprised to see Winks for Lo Celso. Also Tanganga has played well against Sterling each time he has played against City so just wonder if he might start instead of Aurier

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/footbal...ss-race-spurs-aim-silence-silverware-critics/

Harry Kane wins fitness race as Spurs aim to silence silverware critics against Emirates Marketing Project

Harry Kane is set to be passed fit to play a part in Sunday's Carabao Cup final where Tottenham Hotspur players are targeting victory to “get everyone to just shut up”.

Kane, 27, has been recovering from an ankle injury and missed training on Friday but his progress since hobbling off at Everton nine days ago has made Spurs confident he will be part of the squad to face Emirates Marketing Project.

Interim head coach Ryan Mason will make final checks on Kane before deciding whether the England captain starts against Pep Guardiola’s team or has a place on the bench. The 29-year-old has been in charge since Jose Mourinho’s dismissal on Monday and overseen a change in mood at the club’s training ground, according to Spurs sources.

Toby Alderweireld has revealed the new manager has reminded players of Mauricio Pochettino, who Mason played under before retiring from playing three years ago following a fractured skull.

“You can see the similarities, how he wants to train, how the sessions are,” said Alderweireld. “It feels very familiar. Of course, he will bring his own view of football and his own ideas, but we can see similarities for sure.”

Alderweireld wants a first trophy for Spurs to show the progress made during the Pochettino years when they reached the Champions League final. It would also be a first major trophy for Kane.

“I understand what you say about Harry but it’s everyone at the club, he said. “We didn’t get silverware but the steps this club has taken in the last five,six, seven years is big, don’t underestimate it even if you get used to it quite quickly.

“So of course we are not happy without silverware but you can’t say we weren’t good or say Spurs don’t have winners. You have to win to get in finals. You have to win to get into the top four. Of course, that is not silverware but maybe now we are in a moment to get everyone to just shut up and get it.”

Mason is younger than some of the players he is now in charge of and Alderweireld says he has the respect of the squad, particularly being a player until recently.

“You don’t have sympathy, you just think, ‘Is he good? Does it sail? Does it really help us, how he wants to play, how he sees it?’” he said. “And so far it looks all very positive. How he wants us to play, how he wants us to see defending.

“You will never say, ‘Oh, he’s a good guy so let’s just keep him’. But everybody is behind him and so far he is looking very, very promising.”

If anyone could help...

wanted tomorrow off work but haven’t been able to get it. Want to watch the game with my mum after and avoid the result.

does anyone know any ways of watching it back without knowing the score? Got no sky atm!

FWIW if you’ve got BT TV box then you could purchase a NowTV sports pass for £9.99 and rewind the coverage by up to 2 hours. I’m not sure when the match goes on-demand if you want to watch it later than that though.

https://www.nowtv.com/sports-purchase

Can I pause, rewind or record the TV channels?

You can pause and rewind the live TV channels for up to 30 minutes with any of the NOW devices below:
  • NOW Smart Stick
  • NOW Smart Box with 4K & Voice Search
  • NOW Smart Box with Freeview
  • NOW Box (black)
  • BT TV Box (rewind for up to 2 hours)
On all other devices, you can only pause or rewind on demand movies and shows.

Setting aside the shiney silverware, just a reminder for everyone of what a win tomorrow would also bring:

If that's not enough motivation for our team tomorrow, I don't know what would be!! Actually, if we lose tomorrow, then a place in this new fangled thing would go to the next place in the league, which could also be us anyway!

[for the avoidance of doubt, obviously the main benefit of winning tmrw is to end the 'Spurs haven't won a trophy since 2008' stuff]

So it's like an even bricker version of the Europa league?

So you're saying it would be better to lose?

Can the luck we've had against city continue? There have been some unbelievable games between these teams in later years, where we have come out on top more often than not, and certainly more often than we deserved! Will it last 1 more time?
I certainly hope so!

Back